PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Makes It Sound Like Brady Won't Play Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett Favre vs. Matt Cassel!

I should start a poll, which QB do Pats fans hate more?

It sounded more like all he's seen is what we all have seen, and its the replay of the hit. We'll know on Tuesday.

Brett Favre vs. Matt Cassel!

I should start a poll, which QB do Pats fans hate more?

I hope this place does not become JI where fans openly root for an injury to their own QB :rolleyes: If that happens I hope the mods are quick with the bans.

I agree it doesn't sound like TB will play next week. However, this quote has me hopeful for more good things from Cassel and Moss:

"Well, it was actually a play designed to try to get deep into Kansas City's territory. When I came off the ball I saw the corner and the safety squat, meaning they had their feet flat-footed. I just thought I would try and make a play. I cut my route off and just went deep. The offense just executed. I think in this game when you have 11 guys on the same page good things happen. When you have one of those 11 not on the same page as everyone else then bad things happen. We did some good things out there but on that particular play everybody was on the same page."

For two guys that really haven't shared the field at all in "real" game situations to read the defense the same way and make the same adjustment is a big positive IMO.

I watched the interview and I don't think Moss knows any more than we do. But I do think he needs to sack up... I know he loves Tommy, so do we all, and he's an emotional guy, but it's up to the captains and veterans on this team to rally round whomever is playing QB just like they did when Bledsoe went down... I don't want palpable disappointment from anyone on this team, there's enough of that with the fan base...

Not for nothing but maybe if he and Welker hadn't had butterfingers early today (or Faulk hadn't just had to go to that 'lil whoever concert) or this OL could play consistently we wouldn't be in this predicament...

I hope this place does not become JI where fans openly root for an injury to their own QB :rolleyes: If that happens I hope the mods are quick with the bans.

That would also make us just like th eRaven's fans that cheered when Boller went down several years ago.....

I watched the interview and I don't think Moss knows any more than we do. But I do think he needs to sack up... I know he loves Tommy, so do we all, and he's an emotional guy, but it's up to the captains and veterans on this team to rally round whomever is playing QB just like they did when Bledsoe went down... I don't want palpable disappointment from anyone on this team, there's enough of that with the fan base...

Not for nothing but maybe if he and Welker hadn't had butterfingers early today (or Faulk hadn't just had to go to that 'lil whoever concert) or this OL could play consistently we wouldn't be in this predicament...

all things considered Mo...what has me a little concerned...actually pretty ticked off...is the play of the O line....there IS no consistency.

Gawd. I don't WANT TFB to be out any length of time, much less -- as all the pundits seem to hope -- for the whole season.

But if so we need to get our heads around the idea that Cassel is good until he is not.

This, by the way, from a guy (me) who said the day Drew went to Buffalo, "we might have got rid of the wrong quarterback."

There's no reason to believe right now that Cassel is Brady revisited. There's also no reason, however, to believe he can't pull a Mark Bulger or a Billy Volek, and use the weapons around him to manage the game competently, at the very least consistently beating the many bad teams on this schedule.

Eventually someone will say it, so I'll say it now and get dumped on: this gives this team some additional urgency. Anybody who just can't get it up for a game where the outcome isn't virtually guaranteed by the presence of TFB, has that much more reason to do a gut-check and get 'er done.

Not like the offense was slacking last year, mind you... but putting on a show is just different from gutting it out. You always prefer to be in a position where the outcome is hardly in question, and DUH, the Pats are always in MUCh better shape with than without TFB. But at least for one afternoon, maybe for as long as a season, it's Cassel's team.

For as long as he's in there let's wish him well.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes