Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moss Makes It Sound Like Brady Won't Play Next Week

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ian, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

2. unoriginal

unoriginal Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -1

Brett Favre vs. Matt Cassel!

I should start a poll, which QB do Pats fans hate more?
  3. Phlash

Phlash Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It sounded more like all he's seen is what we all have seen, and its the replay of the hit. We'll know on Tuesday.
  4. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope this place does not become JI where fans openly root for an injury to their own QB :rolleyes: If that happens I hope the mods are quick with the bans.
  5. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree it doesn't sound like TB will play next week. However, this quote has me hopeful for more good things from Cassel and Moss:

For two guys that really haven't shared the field at all in "real" game situations to read the defense the same way and make the same adjustment is a big positive IMO.
  6. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I watched the interview and I don't think Moss knows any more than we do. But I do think he needs to sack up... I know he loves Tommy, so do we all, and he's an emotional guy, but it's up to the captains and veterans on this team to rally round whomever is playing QB just like they did when Bledsoe went down... I don't want palpable disappointment from anyone on this team, there's enough of that with the fan base...

Not for nothing but maybe if he and Welker hadn't had butterfingers early today (or Faulk hadn't just had to go to that 'lil whoever concert) or this OL could play consistently we wouldn't be in this predicament...
  7. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That would also make us just like th eRaven's fans that cheered when Boller went down several years ago.....
  8. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 13 / -12

all things considered Mo...what has me a little concerned...actually pretty ticked off...is the play of the O line....there IS no consistency.
  9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

Gawd. I don't WANT TFB to be out any length of time, much less -- as all the pundits seem to hope -- for the whole season.

But if so we need to get our heads around the idea that Cassel is good until he is not.

This, by the way, from a guy (me) who said the day Drew went to Buffalo, "we might have got rid of the wrong quarterback."

There's no reason to believe right now that Cassel is Brady revisited. There's also no reason, however, to believe he can't pull a Mark Bulger or a Billy Volek, and use the weapons around him to manage the game competently, at the very least consistently beating the many bad teams on this schedule.

Eventually someone will say it, so I'll say it now and get dumped on: this gives this team some additional urgency. Anybody who just can't get it up for a game where the outcome isn't virtually guaranteed by the presence of TFB, has that much more reason to do a gut-check and get 'er done.

Not like the offense was slacking last year, mind you... but putting on a show is just different from gutting it out. You always prefer to be in a position where the outcome is hardly in question, and DUH, the Pats are always in MUCh better shape with than without TFB. But at least for one afternoon, maybe for as long as a season, it's Cassel's team.

For as long as he's in there let's wish him well.

PFnV
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.