PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Legal Team: Woman Victim of "Consensual Horseplay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said in my original theory, she probably didn't want to go that route, she probably just wanted him to pay for the medical bill originally since she doesn't have insurance, but the moment she went to a lawyer all that changed, because a lawyer is not about to sue an NFL superstar for a medical bill. He will try however he can to come up with something to sue him for more.

But why go the domestic violence route? Can't she just file a civil suit over negligence or something? From what I understand, it seems that Randy is guilty of injuring her finger or whatever, so she would get some money that way. If she realizes he's not going to pay up when she threatens him, why file a TRO, instead of filing a claim?

The major flaw that you don't see in that is that you project sexual activity on to something where it may not exist.

You aren't saying, "I don't approve if this is true" you are saying, "I don't approve it this is true AND Moss happened to be cheating in his girlfried at the same time."

Not me, brutha. :D

I hear you, but maybe they have an "open" relationship or something. The bottom line is that when it coems to cheating you just never know what the circumstances are or the characters involved unless you know them personally. I think I personally get a sort of self-righteous (not talking about you, because you are obviously reasonable) and sort of religious "busy-body" type feeling from people who judge others based on their private relationships. I see most of this from Colt fans who say Belichick is a scumbag who cheats on his wife, or that Brady has a child out of wedlock, none of which I think is inherently wrong unless you know the exact circumstances, and even then, unless your involved, you may not approve but I don't think it's a fan's place to judge someone on that.

Thank you for expressing what I feel better than my previous attempts. Your comments here are the truth. Our opinions of athletes personal lives are worthless. We may have our opinions, but no one cares to hear them. Our individual religious, spiritual & moral values have nothing to do with the Patriots or their players.

Well done Wildo!

How can you compare an affair with sexual abuse? Is it an "affair" if you are not married? And who the hell are you to define morality?
Defining morality? I didn't think I had to define that those two acts were immoral... that is a consensus among all human beings. Seems pretty ridiculous for you to say you only care about whether or not they can meet your satisfaction each Sunday, and not that they also lead a respectable life while they wear the Patriot moniker.

Not me, brutha. :D

Were you quoting someone else. :confused: :bricks:

Sorry about that. I am kinda getting lost in all of this. Maybe it's time for me to just get away from this thread. :cool:

I was berating him? Seriously? I told him he sounded pretentious, not that he should burn in the flames of Hell for daring to voice an opinion.

"The guy has a wife and four kids, I don't approve if this is true."

Tell me that doesn't sound pretentious.

I do appreciate the white knight routine, though. Honestly. It's good to see people who'll defend others, even if they are way off-base. ;)

My man...Fixit! Most of us agree with you sir!

Like I said in my original theory, she probably didn't want to go that route, she probably just wanted him to pay for the medical bill originally since she doesn't have insurance, but the moment she went to a lawyer all that changed, because a lawyer is not about to sue an NFL superstar for a medical bill. He will try however he can to come up with something to sue him for more.

She seems like she has a pretty decent white collar job, mortgage lending something or other.

But why go the domestic violence route? Can't she just file a civil suit over negligence or something? From what I understand, it seems that Randy is guilty of injuring her finger or whatever, so she would get some money that way. If she realizes he's not going to pay up when she threatens him, why file a TRO, instead of filing a claim?

Stupidity, the feeling that she's being wronged, and she'll show him what's up. Or a bad lawyer. It's a theory, nothing more.

Defining morality? I didn't think I had to define that those two acts were immoral... that is a consensus among all human beings. Seems pretty ridiculous for you to say you only care about whether or not they can meet your satisfaction each Sunday, and not that they also lead a respectable life while they wear the Patriot moniker.

The vast majority of Patriots fans could care less if any of our players have affairs. I would bet a lot of money that many, many of them do whether they are married or not. Unless you have your head in the sand, most professional athletes have affairs.

Women are extremely attracted to them. It's been a known fact for years that basketball & baseball players often have GF in other cities. I'm sure it's the same for many football players. My opinion on this doesn't matter and it's not going to change anything.

Are there fans out there who would actually want to know which players are having affairs? God help us if there are! It's none of our GD business.

Did people forget to put on their brains this morning? Seriously...

1. Washington secured a restraining order for "Protection Against Dating Violence." Per the SI article: "The romantic partner -- the batterer -- must be someone with whom the victim has dated within the previous six months, with "dating" referring to a relationship where the parties expect affection or sexual involvement and where their interaction is relatively continuous." It's reasonable to assume, based on her request, that she at least thinks she is intimately involved with Moss. Or she's pretending to be. Given he went to Florida on a bye to see her, I'm going to assume it's likely. But absent any indication from Moss WE DON'T KNOW. We only have facts regarding her perspective.

2. Who cares if they were dating or not dating? We know Bellichick cheated on a partner, Brady has a baby out of wedlock-- if you were going to stop following the team for this behavior, you'd have already done so! Moss' situation is no different. (Heck-- he had 4 children using the Brady method before he even joined the team.) It's fine to have opinions about the personal lives of "role models" like atheletes. But don't act like the Moss situation is somehow different. It's not even new information.

Wait for information before making your judgements. And with regard to morality, have whatever opinion you want. But don't judge Moss with a different set of values than the other players. It just makes you look bad.

Stupidity, the feeling that she's being wronged, and she'll show him what's up. Or a bad lawyer. It's a theory, nothing more.

I mean Moss had admitted that he caused this 'accident', that there was an injury, that he's sorry, that if he's guilty he'll 'be a man' or whatever, he's admitted to all of this.

The only thing he's denied is that this was some sort of abuse, where he was hitting this woman.

So I understand that they wanted to scare Moss into giving up as much money as possible, but once he said no way, couldn't they just go to court with a civil claim? Why even do a TRO? Is it to late to do it then, once they've already threatened him?

I don't know, I'm still confused.

Like I said in my original theory, she probably didn't want to go that route, she probably just wanted him to pay for the medical bill originally since she doesn't have insurance, but the moment she went to a lawyer all that changed

I'm not sure even that fits, since it seems she didn't seek medical attention until after she saw the lawyer.

There are plenty of plausible scenarios to squeeze in that "denied medical attention" charge. Even as simple as:

"I think it's broken! I should go to the hospital!"
"Nah, it's not broken. Just put on some ice, you'll be fine."
"But it really hurts! I think I should get an x-ray."
"I'm telling you, I know from hurt fingers, I see this every day. Chill out, you don't need any x-ray. Here's the ice."

Translation: "She repeatedly demanded medical attention, which he repeatedly refused."

I'm not sure even that fits, since it seems she didn't seek medical attention until after she saw the lawyer.

There are plenty of plausible scenarios to squeeze in that "denied medical attention" charge. Even as simple as:

"I think it's broken! I should go to the hospital!"
"Nah, it's not broken. Just put on some ice, you'll be fine."
"But it really hurts! I think I should get an x-ray."
"I'm telling you, I know from hurt fingers, I see this every day. Chill out, you don't need any x-ray. Here's the ice."

Translation: "She repeatedly demanded medical attention, which he repeatedly refused."

It's too bad that hurt pinky kept her from...

DRIVING HERSELF TO THE HOSPITAL!::eek:

Last edited:
I mean Moss had admitted that he caused this 'accident', that there was an injury, that he's sorry, that if he's guilty he'll 'be a man' or whatever, he's admitted to all of this.

The only thing he's denied is that this was some sort of abuse, where he was hitting this woman.

So I understand that they wanted to scare Moss into giving up as much money as possible, but once he said no way, couldn't they just go to court with a civil claim? Why even do a TRO? Is it to late to do it then, once they've already threatened him?

I don't know, I'm still confused.

I don't think that even under her theory she has a civil claim.

I really -- and I know I'm repeating myself -- think she came up with a theory that the alleged attempt to persuade her to seek treatment was somehow a battery. That would not hold up in court. But it's enough to put on a restraining order form if you're pissed that you didn't get paid.

At the end of the day, assuming it's not a distraction on Sunday, this is going to be a good thing for the team. I think it will go down as an example of the type of crap the team has had to deal with all year.

I don't think that even under her theory she has a civil claim.

I really -- and I know I'm repeating myself -- think she came up with a theory that the alleged attempt to persuade her to seek treatment was somehow a battery. That would not hold up in court. But it's enough to put on a restraining order form if you're pissed that you didn't get paid.

I know nothing about the law, maybe there's a lawyer around who can help, but couldn't she say it was negligence? His actions ("accident" as he's said a million times) caused her injury. I think that would hold up, but it seems as though she felt there's no way she would get a half million damages on that in court, which is why she chose this other way...

If she's pissed and she filed a TRO, I understand that, but at that point she had a lawyer so I think it was some sort of strategy. Doesn't make much sense, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back