PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Legal Team: Woman Victim of "Consensual Horseplay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it you believe they were doing? Playing twister? Basketball?

He went to see her in Florida for a nice game of consensual tiddlywinks?

Well, yes, you have to have another person's consent to play those games right or you'd just be playing by yourself.

I've seen couples play wrestle before. It's nothing new.

Actually, it seems that people are agreeing with the contention that your approval doesn't mean a thing. In fact, even mentioning that you don't approve of Moss's maybe-infidelity is thoroughly pretentious.

Yes, my fault. I forgot fans aren’t allow to have personal feelings concerning their favorite teams players.

Let's just not approve/disapprove anything as humans I suppose. Players are nothing more but utilities for us to win championships and we should have absolutely no concern about the way they live their lives.

:rolleyes:

They were playing a game of "Pull my finger" ...not very sexual if you ask me.

Yes, my fault. I forgot fans aren’t allow to have personal feelings concerning their favorite teams players.

Let's just not approve/disapprove anything as humans I suppose. Players are nothing more but utilities for us to win championships and we should have absolutely no concern about the way they live their lives.

:rolleyes:

A fourth-grader called, and he wants his logic back.

Seriously, grow up.

Was it the two of them, alone? Moss mentioned "gathering", and it sounds like maybe it could've been a football party? But no one's said anything about witnesses, so I guess not.

Randy is part of our family, our Patriot family and we're tight. I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT HE DOES, he's a family member and we support him no matter what.

#81 is going to literally explode on Sunday, Marlin McCree, take cover my friend.............................

#1) You and I have different definitions of "family".

#2) Anyone who is a member of my non-fiction family, I DO "give a crap about what he/she does". If the person is part of your "family" you REALLY don't care what they do? Are you one of the Bulgers from Southie? Parent of the Year.

That being said, looking at the little we know so far, this story looks VERY fishy on the part of Rachelle Washington. There are too many suspicious parts to it already. The 9 day wait before filing the RO. The tipoff to the Daytona reporter BEFORE the RO was filed. The fact that the reporter's OWN website posted and took down the story on three separate occasions (someone uncomfortable with the way the story was obtained?) before grudgingly leaving it up once it was national. The extortion trip to Foxboro last Friday by her representative. The timing, etc.

At this point we don't know much, but it looks (until further info) that Randy is being railroaded. For THAT he deserves our support. NOT because he is "our family". That type of reasoning discounts that he may be innocent, and is really a backhanded insult to Randy.

Well, yes, you have to have another person's consent to play those games right or you'd just be playing by yourself.

I've seen (and been involved in) platonic opposite sex friends wrestling and chasing each other around the room and such activities.

I have no problem if people jump to conclusions. That is their right. But to act as if there is no reason to think otherwise is moronic.

A fourth-grader called, and he wants his logic back.

Seriously, grow up.

Throwing cliché internet lines such as that doesn’t help support anything you were trying to say.

I see no wrong in stating I don't approve of cheating, which has been speculated in this topic.

Ok, to be clear, I don't think it's necessarily the case that she got hurt during the sex. And I've never suggested it was a sexual battery. I don't think it's even clear whether she's even alleging that her injuries were caused by a battery. It appears she may be suggesting that she thinks it's a "battery" to not allow an injured person to seek treatment, or whatever that ambiguous stuff in the affidavit says.

My point is that these two were involved in a sexaul relationship. Whether she hurt his hand opening a beer for him, or it got bent during sex is not my point.

I think it's silly that some posters in this thread seem to be so puritanical that they are denying what seems obvious -- that these two were involved in a sexual relationship.

About which, one last time, I could care less.

The fact that the only time we hear the word "consensual" is in the phrase "consensual sex" seems to be confusing you.

There is nothing sexual in nature about the word consensual.

It doesn't help that the word reads as "con-sensual."

Throwing cliché internet lines such as that doesn’t help support anything you were trying to say.

I see no wrong in stating I don't approve of cheating, which has been speculated in this topic.

And I see no wrong in stating how completely full of yourself you must be to offer that you don't "approve" of behavior that may or may not have taken place.

P.S. That's an "Internet" cliché ? How old are you?

What is it you believe they were doing? Playing twister? Basketball?

He went to see her in Florida for a nice game of consensual tiddlywinks?

OK. Just for the record here:

consensual
Main Entry: con·sen·su·al
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin consensus + English -al
Date: 1754
1 : existing or made by mutual consent without an act of writing <a consensual contract>
2 : involving or based on mutual consent <consensual acts>

The reason you don't see the word "sex" mentioned anywhere there is that it is not a part of the denotation (literal meaning) of the word, but rather part of its connotation (the emotional baggage, so to speak, associated with it).

All it implies is that, whatever might have happened, at no point did the complainant actually say "Stop!" Maybe it was sexual, maybe it wasn't. But if you think the word "consensual" implies sex must have been involved, then that's because you're reading something into the word that isn't necessarily there.

Last edited:
Seems like they were playing around, she hit something, she thought she was hurt, went to the hospital, well she wasn't really hurt, but hospital visits are expensive (especially when you don't have insurance). She calls Moss asking him to pay for the visit, Moss declines, she calls a lawyer not meaning to make a big deal out of she probably just wanted Moss to pay for the medical bill, but a LAWYER is not just going to hit a superstar athlete for medical money. He's going to hit him for as much as he can, convinces the young lady to make this into a BIG issue. Calls up Moss' lawyer to negotiate a settlement to a perceived wrong, Randy Moss considers this extortion, but an actuality is not really extortion, just the way Moss was feeling about what he thought a close "friend" did to him.

It doesn't matter (in the big sense of the word) if we approve or disapprove of anyone else's actions, but we can still care what kind of person the athletes or celebrities we follow are. It effects the way we follow them.

I personally don't think it is that big of a deal if Randy had a sexual relationship with the woman for a number of reasons since he's not married, but everyone is perfectly within their rights to think that cheating (in the abstract, since we don't know that Randy cheated on anyone) is wrong and express their disapproval with that action. I would think it was too bad if a friend cheated on their partner and even though the relationship between fans and athletes is obviously different, we can still feel a connection with them and be disappointed in their actions.

Whether that disappointment turns into not supporting them as a fan depends on what the action was. I can be disappointed that a player or coach cheated on their partner but still support them. I still think that BB is the greatest football coach ever and completely support him, but I certainly didn't approve of his actions. Likewise, I don't approve of Rodney's taking HGH even though it helped the Patriots...but now that Rodney is back I completely support him and think he is an incredible safety. On the flipside, if Randy DID commit battery against a women (don't jump on me here, I don't think he did and am waiting for more facts to just confirm that) then I would not approve of his actions and not support him as a fan anymore. I guess I'd still be happy that he was helping the Pats win, but I would not support him.

Bottom line...when we cheer for the Pats, we are cheering for individual players too and I'd rather think that I could like the person that I'm cheering for as a person, than think that they are a bad person. Since player's off field actions effect how we as fans view them and the teams that they are on (think Bengals), it is perfectly acceptable on a fan message board to talk about whether you approve or disapprove of those actions. Some of us are affected by different actions (I thought it was awful that some people got more up in arms over Michael Vick than players that have committed domestic violence) or to different degrees. I'm not affected the same way as Disco, but I support him.

And I see no wrong in stating how completely full of yourself you must be to offer that you don't "approve" of behavior that may or may not have taken place.

Are we not allowed to express our feelings?

Let's stop making topics about Indy fans booing the girl in the Pats jersey. Who cares if we approve of their behavior? How full of ourselves we must be, trying to tell them what's right/wrong.

Bottom line...when we cheer for the Pats, we are cheering for individual players too and I'd rather think that I could like the person that I'm cheering for as a person, than think that they are a bad person. Since player's off field actions effect how we as fans view them and the teams that they are on (think Bengals), it is perfectly acceptable on a fan message board to talk about whether you approve or disapprove of those actions. Some of us are affected by different actions (I thought it was awful that some people got more up in arms over Michael Vick than players that have committed domestic violence) or to different degrees. I'm not affected the same way as Disco, but I support him.

Thank you. Also I'm not affected at all, being no one actually knows what happens and I was just commenting IF this had something to do with Moss cheating.

Last edited:

P.S. That's an "Internet" cliché ? How old are you?

Well, you're acting as if you're about 2 years old, so I'd say Disco is older than you. That's certainly the case on the maturity scale.

Last edited:
Well, you're acting as if you're about 2 years old, so I'd say Disco is older than you.

Oh, now that hurt.

I type fairly well for a two-year-old, though. Wouldn't you agree?

Here's some more tidbits for the gossup crowd

It's apparently her finger that was hurt. Hand and finger were xray'd the following day and results were negative. But she left the hospital with a splint on her hand.
He was at her home watching a playoff game. "Consensual Horseplay" ensued. Her finger got hurt. He left the house within an hour of the incident. He helped her ice down the hand. He never prevented her from seeking aid.

Reading that makes ME think it wasn't sexual, I mean, unless she had it shoved up his ass, how do you hurt a finger having sex ? You never know, I'm sure some of you can dream up a few sexual positions that would put a finger in danger of being injured.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?threadid=29681&perpage=15&pagenumber=21

Good Maybe it'll shut up these high and might people about whether he cheated on his GIRLFRIEND (not wife). I don't think it was sexual either. Consentual horseplay means she was a willing participant in just that, horseplay.

I think it is way too premature to assume that this 'horse-play' was any type of sexual act. For all I know, it could have been some accident riding jet-ski, playing ping pong, heck pat on the back. Or may be she tripped while she was visiting his property. Who the heck knows until more information comes out. Granted I'm willing to cut him some slack because I'm fan of his but blindly accusing him of wrong doing solely based on limited information seems too hasty.

Oh, now that hurt.

I type fairly well for a two-year-old, though. Wouldn't you agree?

It's too bad you don't 'discuss' fairly well for anyone over that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back