PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss jogging with triple coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really does look like he's operating at a different film speed, like he's in Technicolor and everyone else is in some herky-jerky silent movie. It's just weird to watch, like a CG effect.

That offense was completely dominating. The Jets were beaten down mentally by the end, totally cooked.

According to ESPN, this was Moss's 3rd best performance...

The 183 yards receiving were the third-most in Moss' career. His career high is 204 at Chicago in 1999, and he had 190 yards receiving at Green Bay in 1998

Is everyone now willing to admit that having or not having a legitimate deep thread DOES make a significant difference in a game?

Moss obviously had a nice debut today, to say the least - but both he and Stallworth (1 rec for 19 yards) also had a major impact in keeping defenses guarding deep, keeping safeties from constantly blitzing Brady

I think with this game's outcome we'll see Watson and Welker getting even more free and increasing their YPC.

Amazing in retrospect how many people didn't think the lack of a long game wasn't a detriment last year. Can we win games without it? Yes - obviously we did... but not enough to earn a bye or home field advantage. That's something that I hope will change this year.

Me too.... "Randy! Randy! Randy! "

LaBrady, by the way, welcome to this discussion board!
I like your username in reference to Bill Simmon's column about players whose names start with 'La'.

Todays performance makes last weeks "pats may cut Moss" rumors look absolutely freaking ridiculous.

Coincidently, it was also Brady's third best performance (based on QB rating).

According to ESPN, this was Moss's 3rd best performance...

Re: On the Moss TD

Didnt he look a little slow at the start? Then he just busted it open between the Jets players and TD!

Too bad Krafty wasted all our time with the tight payroll last year....we could be going for back to back.
Our?

We?

I don't think so, and that's a good thing. Thanks for that. You can make any group a better group simply by not being a part of it.

I can imagine your future epitaph:

Here lies Danny Boy,
A useless little snot.
Earth's a better place right now,
Though hell most surely is not.

This is what I expected from Moss. I always believed that Moss had to deal with a beyond horrible offense/team in Oakland. How could anyone of his talent give 100% when it wouldn't effect the outcome of the season.

Moss is a winner. Put him in a winning situation and he will play 100% and be rediculous, as we saw today. I love. And I don't care about "bagage". I actually like when he fake mooned GB fans. It made me laugh.

LOFL...go for it! Talk with your wife too and see if he thinks its a wise choice to waste a few bucks on that.

LOL...some people are a bit thin skinned...Felger and Borges make a living off it.

Too funny.

Back to my statement, they'd have won it all last year if they didnt tighten the purse strings.

no--its okay to be a douchebag--your issue is that you are proud of being a douchebag

and your kind just keeps proliferating...a vast seething horde of douchebaggery...

wear your colors with pride douchebag

I'll tell you what most impressed me was that 20yd

laser Brady threw to Moss on the left sideline.

Moss just stuck his hands up and got both feet in.

What a throw by TB....best of the game.

BTW.....I think it was Chris Collinsworth who said that you can tell the hammie is still bothering Moss.

I agree.......wait 'till this guy gets to full speed.Yikes!

I'm still not sure about Moss. He just makes catches and gets a lot of yards. But he does not practice hard and does not look like he's trying hard.

Maybe we can get a 3rd rounder for him.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a great touchdown play! Protection up front, perfect pass, and a 6 foot four inch monster strollin' through triple coverage! OMG!

Particularly liked the "Willie Mays" basket catches. Randy dogs along with the DB's until he gets a bead on the ball, accelerates just enough to get in position, meanwhile, the DB'sare panting trying to keep up and don't have a clue when the ball is coming down. Beautiful.

I will take Randy's half speed over Reche any day

What a great touchdown play! Protection up front, perfect pass, and a 6 foot four inch monster strollin' through triple coverage! OMG!

His movements are so fluid. He just slid out from that pack of DBs like mercury. It's like he was invisible and materialized 1.5 yards outside the group and the ball just dropped in his hands. It was a terrific pass by Brady too. ...great timing

I'm thinking back to the LA Olympics 1984. Moss' running style reminds me of Carl Lewis. Smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes