PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Jersey Number? [mergedx7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss and Meriweather #'s?

Anyone heard anything about what numbers Moss and Meriweather will be wearing? Moss can't wear 84 or 18 since they belong to Watson and Stallworth respectively. And Meriweather can't wear 19 since its not a number defensive players can wear.

They can wear their police booking numbers! :D

No one has worn #11 since Bledsoe, but #14 is certainly not saved because of Grogan. As lowly a sort as P.K. Sam wore it.

Vinny wore it last year too.

Last edited:

No one has worn #11 since Bledsoe, but #14 is certainly not saved because of Grogan. As lowly a sort as P.K. Sam wore it.

:confused:

Jabar Gaffney, anyone? Hell, half the WRs drafted since the league started allowing WRs to wear numbers in the teens again seem to have scooped up #11 (Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, et al.).

Forgot about Sam. The vast majority of WR's still have numbers in the 80's so I don't see what's wrong with 82. I guess he could take 14 though.

Is Grogan's retired? I don't see him taking that, but it is available. There's no stopping him from taking 11, though, and Jabar Gaffney is 10. 20 is available, unless it is retired.

OT: what are the numbers besides 89 that are retired?

Hok touched on Grogan's number, thanks. It wouldn't surprise me to see Moss select 14, but 11 would be more badass.

The numbers that are retired are 20 (Gino Cappelletti), 40 (Michael Hayes), 57 (Steve Nelson), 73 (John Hannah), 78 (Bruce Armstrong), 79 (Jim Lee Hunt), and 89 (Bob Dee). Andre Tippett's 56 isn't officially retired but I don't believe they are issuing it anymore.

Andre Tippett's 56 is unofficially retired. They haven't risen it to the rafters, so to speak, but no one's been issued it, even when no other linebacker numbers were available (Mays, for example, wears 46 despite 56 being open... I suspect he'll move to 95 or something now that TBC is gone).

I see Meriweather as #35 and Moss as #82.

Last edited:
Randy Moss Number?

Any idea what number he will pick, since stallworth already has 18. Plus any idea when this will be decided so Randy Moss jerseys can begin to be made?

Re: Randy Moss Number?

I would hold off buying Moss's jersey until after Training camp. Just me, though.

Actually I hear he is a going to wear some kind of symbol instead of a number.

Any early idea:

feuille.gif

It'll be like Prince only he'll be the artist formerly known as Randy Moss.

His wont have a number.

4y6vg9h.jpg

4y6vg9h.jpg

Re: Moss Jersey #?

4y6vg9h.jpg

How About #00

I think Moss might want to get 81 from Smith, which wouldn't be a problem with a nice dinner offer(18 backwards)...
you know, It just hit me that that would be cool for moss, 81 that is,..... it would show his number IS what he will prove to the football world...A REVERSAL of his attitude and ill ways, as well as his number 18 to 81,.....kind of intriguing if he did it like that, JMO.

PD.

you know, It just hit me that that would be cool for moss, 81 that is,..... it would show his number IS what he will prove to the football world...A REVERSAL of his attitude and ill ways, as well as his number 18 to 81,.....kind of intriguing if he did it like that, JMO.

PD.

Great minds think alike that's why I have 81 on my avatar.

10 - Gaffney
11 - *Open* (Bledsoe)
12 - Brady
13 - Childress
14 - *Open* (Grogan)
15 - Washington
16 - Cassel
17 - Jackson
18 - Stallworth
19 - Kight
20 - Retired (Gino)

80 - *Open* (Brown)
81 - Smith
82 - *Open*
83 - Welker
84 - Watson
85 - Kranchick
86 - Thomas
87 - Caldwell
88 - Brady
89 - Retired (Dee)

Did I somehow miss Troy Brown officially retiring at some point along the way? He's not on the depth chart.... But that might just be because he's not under contract. Unless he retires, I'd expect him to be back with number 80.

Last edited:

Did I somehow miss Troy Brown officially retiring at some point along the way? He's not on the depth chart.... But that might just be because he's not under contract.

He's an unrestricted free agent.

How About #00

I don't like double zero in any sport but basketball. Who wouldn't like it after Robert Parrish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back