PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Jersey Number? [mergedx7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss Jersey #?

We need to get our tightness expert in here to tell us which number he should take.

Either way, there's a fairly good chance the number he picks will not be the number he keeps after all is said and done.

The Patriots website already has the Moss jersey up but the number is blank.

10 - Gaffney
11 - *Open* (Bledsoe)
12 - Brady
13 - Childress
14 - *Open* (Grogan)
15 - Washington
16 - Cassel
17 - Jackson
18 - Stallworth
19 - Kight
20 - Retired (Gino)

80 - *Open* (Brown)
81 - Smith
82 - *Open*
83 - Welker
84 - Watson
85 - Kranchick
86 - Thomas
87 - Caldwell
88 - Brady
89 - Retired (Dee)

good post, it clarifies the current number situation

forget about krancheck and give him 85
ocho cinco

The Tightness expert is here to tell everyone what number Randy Moss should wear. 18 was kind of growing on me but our other tight reciever has that number. I say Moss goes back to his roots and takes his college #88 and have Kyle Brady take #82 or #81 when Jonathon Smith gets cut.

The Tightness expert is here to tell everyone what number Randy Moss should wear. 18 was kind of growing on me but our other tight reciever has that number. I say Moss goes back to his roots and takes his college #88 and have Kyle Brady take #82 or #81 when Jonathon Smith gets cut.

Why not simply have Randy keep his #18 and reverse it to 81?

No one will get him mixed up with former Patriot #81 Bethel Johnson will they? :eek:

8 is a very lucky number in China, so I'm all for 88. I can already hear a billion and a half Chinese people talking about how tightly auspicious Moss looks in 88.

I'm gonna have to agree on 88. Kyle Brady is a marked man. That number for Moss just makes sense with all of the Marshall goodness that gave us Troy Brown. Kick it old school, Randy.

I would have liked to see him in #89, but that is already retired.

I think 88 sounds good although I don't really believe in this numbers superstition. I'm sure Randy can "persuade" Kyle Brady to exchange numbers.

Moss and Meriweather #'s?

Anyone heard anything about what numbers Moss and Meriweather will be wearing? Moss can't wear 84 or 18 since they belong to Watson and Stallworth respectively. And Meriweather can't wear 19 since its not a number defensive players can wear.

Re: Moss and Meriweather #'s?

The only number available for Moss, including teens, is 82.

Safeties usually have numbers that are in the 30's. Right now 35 and 38 are open.

I think Moss might want to get 81 from Smith, which wouldn't be a problem with a nice dinner offer(18 backwards). I wouldn't be surprised though if he gets some random number just to represent his "rebirth" so to speak. Meriweather in 38 would look nice. (double his 19). Just random predictions, who knows.

Moss wore 84 for his seven years in Minnnesota. That's Watson's number. Isn't 88 open?

I would think that it will be 81.

The Pats website shows the Moss jersey without a # yet.

Moss wore 84 for his seven years in Minnnesota. That's Watson's number. Isn't 88 open?

Kyle Brady has #88.

11,14, and 82 are open for Moss. Defensive backs can wear numbers from 20 to 49 (pretty sure about that, but may be wrong on the 49).

11,14, and 82 are open for Moss. Defensive backs can wear numbers from 20 to 49 (pretty sure about that, but may be wrong on the 49).

11 is Bledsoe's and 14 is Grogan's. I don't think many WR's have numbers below 15 anyway.

All of the 20's are taken.

11 is Bledsoe's and 14 is Grogan's.
No one has worn #11 since Bledsoe, but #14 is certainly not saved because of Grogan. As lowly a sort as P.K. Sam wore it.

I don't think many WR's have numbers below 15 anyway.
:confused:

Jabar Gaffney, anyone? Hell, half the WRs drafted since the league started allowing WRs to wear numbers in the teens again seem to have scooped up #11 (Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, et al.).

11 is Bledsoe's and 14 is Grogan's. I don't think many WR's have numbers below 15 anyway.

All of the 20's are taken.

Is Grogan's retired? I don't see him taking that, but it is available. There's no stopping him from taking 11, though, and Jabar Gaffney is 10. 20 is available, unless it is retired.

OT: what are the numbers besides 89 that are retired?

Hok touched on Grogan's number, thanks. It wouldn't surprise me to see Moss select 14, but 11 would be more badass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye