PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss is great: Looking at next year though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss is great: Looking at next year though..

If Moss retired today would he make the hall of fame?

If Moss retired after playing 4 seasons with Brady, would he?

This could be a factor for Moss resigning with the Pats. He might look for teams that are expected to win over the rest of his career & that have top QB's. There arent many of those teams around...

Also we already know he's not concerned about making top dollar. If he continues on this tear, he's not going to play next year at the same pay as this year, but I think he'll be willing to compromise on a contract thats 'good enough'

And the money we save from not signing Asante, can go straight to Moss (with Gay & Hobbs continueing to develop as players making it unnecessary to spend big bucks on another corner)

Last edited:

If he stays here and stays healthy, he could go down as the second greatest receiver ever to play the game. That's a pretty good incentive for a guy that supposedly worries about his legacy.

Could be the reason Pats willingly gave concessions to Asante.

No, the reason the Pats willingly gave concessions to Asante is that Rodney was about to get busted for HGH.

Extend him NOW! :) ( can they? :confused: )

Moss is going nowhere. The Pats will pay him good money and he will take a hometown discount to stay. He hasn't had a taste of winning like this in a long time and if this team does what I think it will do in the playoffs, he will be hooked. He has the team's respect including the respect of arguably the best QB in the game. Did you see them sitting together on the bench? This is not a TO/Bledsoe or TO/McNabb relationship. Yes....it is early....but I see a great relationship between these two.

Moss won't give this up when coupled with a decent paycheck.

Moss will play here as long as Brady's throwing the ball and he's get paid enough to show respect. I love watching him, not only is he making amazing plays, he's having such a good time. I don't think I've ever seen someone come in and start having so much fun !! These receiver corp could be around for awhile, I can even see them ALL willing to adjust their contracts. Their all having such a good time !!

Granted, everything could change any given Sunday, but I doubt it !

He will definitely stay. There is no reason to leave. He's said he's already made his money, so why go into a different and more volatile situation? He will stay here because it's stable and he can really put a stamp on his legacy.

Just based on 2 weeks: next year he will get offered a cap friendly raise ($4-$5 mil a year) for 2+ years.

If Moss wants to build on his HOF resume then he'll stay in NE.

Its too early too say,The year is starting out good for him but don't just assume he is going to have monster numbers - Its a long season

By week 10 if he continues to play like this,then yes he will sign probably a 2 year extension but I still am going to take his performance week by week until then.

Sooooooo, you're cautiously optimistic at this point :singing:

Ummmmmm, we are two games in and the guy's got 17 catches for 288 (144 y/g, 16.8 ypc) and 3 TD. More then that, in 2 games Brady seems as comfortable throwing to him as he has been with any of his past receivers (excluding perhaps Brown and maybe Branch).

It's still early of course, but I'll say this, if the last 2 weeks is any indication, and they stay together............ we could see things that may amaze us.

We're are talking about teaming up one of the BEST QB's ever with arguably one of the most gifted WR ever. When did that last happen..... Oh yeah, Montana/Rice (they weren't too shabby were they :rolleyes: ).

No need to franchise, if this continues, he'll be here for awhile and we will get the job done. In BB I trust.

Last edited:

Sure, he'll be offered the deal we offered Washington or Stallworth. Get real, he's worth a lot more to the patriots, and supposedly we pay a player what he is worth to us.

He will definitely stay. There is no reason to leave. He's said he's already made his money, so why go into a different and more volatile situation? He will stay here because it's stable and he can really put a stamp on his legacy.

Just based on 2 weeks: next year he will get offered a cap friendly raise ($4-$5 mil a year) for 2+ years.

Sure, he'll be offered the deal we offered Washington or Stallworth. Get real, he's worth a lot more to the patriots, and supposedly we pay a player what he is worth to us.

They gave Stallworth what they would pay for a #1 WR, so yea, they would pay him Stallworth money next year. They aren't going to overpay for one player after one year.

Talented players like Moss don't come around for the taking very often.

Moss is one of the top 3 most intimidating and feared offensive players in the league after 2 weeks.

Moss generates a double team each and every time that he trots out there on a play.

Such double teams provides an immense benefit to this Patriot offense in that it not only allows them to keep max protect in to protect the franchise but it also opens things up a great deal for everyone else.

Sign the guy to an extension today please.

By week 10 if he continues to play like this,then yes he will sign probably a 2 year extension but I still am going to take his performance week by week until then.

If he plays like this through week ten, he will already have more receiving yards than anyone had in the entire 2006 regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes