PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss in for a huge game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just listening to Peter King last week on Dalley & Holley

http://www.weei.com/pages/268228.php

and he, paraphrasing, said he thinks the Patriots will destroy the Cowboys downfield. He didn't mention whether Henry will be back but with Roy Williams bad in coverage and Terrence Newman not going to be close to 100% all year, he thinks an accurate pocket passer will "have his way with that secondary" - guess what . . . we have one :)

Apparently, Moss has said that the Cowboys management promised him that they would select him with the #9th pick in the draft (or something like that) but instead went with a DE. I don't know if Moss stills "hates" the Cowboys for picking Greg Ellis over him in the '98 draft but he always elevates his game to another level against the Cowboys.

Even if Newman was 100%, I doubt he could handle Moss 1 on 1, and if the Cowboys try to help with Roy Williams, Moss could go over 200 yards for the game.

PS: Roy should really be an OLB for the Colts or Bucs. He can't cover a fire hydrant.

Apparently, Moss has said that the Cowboys management promised him that they would select him with the #9th pick in the draft (or something like that) but instead went with a DE. I don't know if Moss stills "hates" the Cowboys for picking Greg Ellis over him in the '98 draft but he always elevates his game to another level against the Cowboys.

Yeh Moss has said in the past that Jerry Jones personally guaranteed that if he was still avaiulable in the first round they would draft him, and that he feels he was lied to. He said he does everything in his power to show Jones up for that lie.

PS: Roy should really be an OLB for the Colts or Bucs. He can't cover a fire hydrant.

Guys like Cato June and Derrick Brooks (especially, at least in his prime) may be better cover guys than Roy Williams.

Last edited:
The greatest challenge this game will be the pass pressure.

I think Dallas's front seven is playing better than anyone we've faced so far.

If we can keep Brady on his feet like we have so far, it'll be a long long day for Jerry Jones.

The greatest challenge this game will be the pass pressure.

I think Dallas's front seven is playing better than anyone we've faced so far.

If we can keep Brady on his feet like we have so far, it'll be a long long day for Jerry Jones.

No one has really challenged the Pats yet with a ton of pass pressure - the reason of course is that they know if they don't get to Brady quick, they'll be burned by leaving Moss or Watson or whoever else in single coverage.

It's a "pick your poison" scenario and to this point no one's picked leaving guys in single coverage and putting pressure on the line and Brady as their approach.

But the Cowboys know that gameplan hasn't worked well for opponents of the Pats thus far - which is why I think they WILL try to put more pressure than we've seen on the line...

It's worth a try - giving Brady all the time in the world hasn't worked well for anybody - and Dallas definately has the front 7 to give the OL a big challenge.

Dallas has a stud CB in Terrence Newman. Even at 80%, or wherever he is at right now, he is the best CB the Patriots have faced all year. Roy Williams is crap in coverage, but Ken Hamelin is decent, and they have some savy linebackers.

My bet is the Cowboys contain Moss and even Stallworth pretty well, and Welker, Watson and the running backs wreak havoc on the Cowboys up the middle.

You can reapeat the question for every game the rest of this year because I think Moss will have a nasty game every week because the dude is nasty.

Dallas has a stud CB in Terrence Newman. Even at 80%, or wherever he is at right now, he is the best CB the Patriots have faced all year. Roy Williams is crap in coverage, but Ken Hamelin is decent, and they have some savy linebackers.

My bet is the Cowboys contain Moss and even Stallworth pretty well, and Welker, Watson and the running backs wreak havoc on the Cowboys up the middle.

Leigh Bodden is better than Newman at 80%.

I saw the Vikings play the 49ers a few years back, and the game was billed as the two best WRs in the league go head to head for supremacy.

Moss had a giant game and Owens had like 50 yards. After the game Owens said that apparently Moss was the best WR in the game. Being slightly sarcastic, of course :D

There are a few storylines in this game, and the clash of titans at WR is not to be overlooked!

Owens is not half as talented as Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey