PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss....illiterate???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't care if he can read or can't read...I just want him to put out his hands and catch the f*cking ball 30 yards downfield :rocker:

I really don't care if he can read or can't read...I just want him to put out his hands and catch the f*cking ball 30 yards downfield :rocker:

I agree! Well said.

Last edited:
I really don't care if he can read or can't read...I just want him to put out his hands and catch the f*cking ball 30 yards downfield

^this

Even though he probably can read, and this is just made up, it doesn't really affect his game. And really, there are probably some names that almost no one can pronounce. If being literate is judged by reading a name, then we better rethink the way everything is taught.

So then tell us what event you are talking about, when it was, and where it was.

You ask if we had heard of something, and don't tell us what the something is. From this vantage point it looks like you made the whole thing up. But that is easy to correct. Just tell us where the event took place and when.

Either the event took place or it didn't. If it did, just tell us where and when. How hard is that to undestand?

If the event never took place, and you are making the whole thing up, then of course you won't be able to tell us where and when.

Charity Golf Tournament, 6/4/07 Bolton, MA

Charity Golf Tournament, 6/4/07 Bolton, MA
Thanks. That's a surprise. This had extensive media coverage and I don't recall anyone thinking Moss was illiterate.

Alright. Against my better judgment, I'll bite...

What do find to be the basis of my "irresponsibility"?

More importantly, what do you consider to be the basis of yours?

Don't take it personal I get pissed everytime I see an unsubstantiated attack on public education. Not only am I a product of public education, I taught for over 12 years in the "inner city" of Boston. Coached football at a private Catholic HS, and taught and coached in the suburbs. So I think I have a fair perspective of the highlights and horrors on both sides.

I certainly don't defend everything I see in public education, far from it, but the ongoing attack of it from the right wing is horrifying to me. I see the current adminstration's policies as geared to destroying the public school education system in this country, and the attack from the right, especially the religious right, has been ongoing for decades.

There are many economical ways I can see where the public schools CAN be greatly improved. If you want a litany feel free to PM me, since this post isn't germain to football.

I just thought you deserved to get a reply. Your post was a knee jerk reaction.....as was mine ;}

Last edited:
One time, at band camp.................. :rolleyes:

Any story that starts with "My cousin told me he was at this event and.........." had about a 97% BS rating.

Moss is not illiterate, that would have been know years ago if it were the case. It's not like the guy is new to public scrutiny or anything.

OK I have quickly read every post to this piece of garbage. Can we get rid of this somehow? I know I should not even be responding because it bumps it. But, I have stayed away from this post for days because I sounded like garbage now I feel all dirty that I finally read it

If Moss is illiterate (which I'm pretty sure he isn't) then every teach and coach failed him and should be ashamed. That being said, I seriously doubt the story.

For what its worth....

Was at a family gathering over the past weekend, and my cousin attended some recent charity event at which Kraft, Moss and other Pat's were in attendance. Colleague of his had purchased or participated in some type of raffle at this event, and Moss was brought up to podium to announce winner... and he couldn't read the name on the paper. Long pause, awkward silence, and then finally someone on Pat's staff figured it out and came to his aid. Moss was seen walking off stage and was upset. I guess it became pretty obvious he couldn't read....

Again, not saying this is 100% accurate, but my cousin and his colleague's aren't prone to spreading rumors. Anyone else out there hear anything about this or is this something that is already out there?

If its true, I feel bad for him...how embarrassing that must be.

6 posts huh? seems suspicious........

Wait a minute... did Casale create this thread too?

teaching to the tests

Well, the schools are there to pick up the TEACHING that the Parents don't do or can't do when it comes to the basics. And, by schools, I mean from pre-schools on up.

Too many times, the schools systems here in the US don't teach kids how to LEARN. They teach them how to take tests. They don't proivide our kids with the necessary skills to excel. Just the skills to meet the average expectations. Unfortunately, the politicians want it that way so they can stay in power.

who said the tests are vaild measurements of a student's skills? i sit in on some of those meetings and am astounded at the level of contention about the wording of questions.

if there was a decent nflpa, illiterate players would get tutoring, discreetly, on the three "Rs". perhaps a GED. players could also obtain college degrees, enter master's programs. do their thing.

One thing is for sure; you sure as **** are assclown. Was high school the best ten years of your life or what?

And I heard Moss controls the weather and was the second gun man.

I think he had something to do with the 2000 election too.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back