PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss: "I don't think they going to extend my contract here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss:"I don't think they going to extend my contract here"

Tell that to Vince Wilfork

Isn't Vince one of his best friends on the team?

Tell what to Vince Wilfork? I didn't realize that the negotiations with Wilfork are dead.

How many big FA signings have already been done around the league yet? Basically one, right? So are you telling me that because the Patriots, like every other team, have not yet finalized all of their FA contracts that they "don't pay"?

Except for seymour did the pats ever sign some one on there own team market value?. i am not even sure brady got market value.

There's a lot of middle roster players that get paid at or above market value. They don't tend to pay market value for top-end talent because it's usually unwise to do that if you plan on fielding a competitive team every year without as they say "a single point of failure", under the salary cap.

Him saying "They just don't pay" over and over again is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard a current Patriot say. That is not spin. That is crap.

As opposed to all of the former players and guys currently in negotiations (Wilfork) who are saying it? I agree that it's bull, but that doesn't change the fact that it seems to be a prevalent perception among the players. Moss is far from the only guy to have said it.

IMO, last offseason's combination of the Seymour trade, the Vrabel trade, the Harrison 'retirement', and forcing Wilfork to play out the added year on his rookie contract really drove home that viewpoint among the players, right or wrong (and FWIW I think that it's wrong).

Last edited:

Pats FO needs to step up this off-season into retaining and extending contracts of key players Wilfork,Brady. But then again if I was Brady and I dont see this team go all out to improve I wouldn't sign either.

You aren't Brady, thankfully.

Oh, I agree, that's a dumb comment coming from the guy who, at the moment, is the highest-paid player on the team. He's all the proof you need that they do pay. On the whole, though, the spin that's being put on his comments (that he's a malcontent who wants out right this instant and is campaigning for a new home) is a little extreme.

I'm only reading his quotes, I haven't bothered with the article's commentary because I'm sure it's full of BS. I really just don't get it. I mean, how can a guy who is seriously "getting paid" say that the Patriots don't pay. Hey Randy, one reason the Pats don't pay some other guys as much as other teams might is because YOU are getting paid so much.

I don't know why this is pissing me off so much, it just seems ridiculous and hypocritical to me.

As opposed to all of the former players and guys currently in negotiations (Wilfork) who are saying it? I agree that it's bull, but that doesn't change the fact that it seems to be a prevalent perception among the players. Moss is far from the only guy to have said it.

Yes, I have heard some complaints from former players that seem to feel slighted that the Patriots do not pay based solely on past performance. And every one of those complaints has more holes in it than some holey analogy. What did Wilfork say?

Oh, I agree, that's a dumb comment coming from the guy who, at the moment, is the highest-paid player on the team. He's all the proof you need that they do pay. On the whole, though, the spin that's being put on his comments (that he's a malcontent who wants out right this instant and is campaigning for a new home) is a little extreme.

There's no spin being put on it. Randy actually said those words.

I'm only reading his quotes, I haven't bothered with the article's commentary because I'm sure it's full of BS. I really just don't get it. I mean, how can a guy who is seriously "getting paid" say that the Patriots don't pay. Hey Randy, one reason the Pats don't pay some other guys as much as other teams might is because YOU are getting paid so much.

I don't know why this is pissing me off so much, it just seems ridiculous and hypocritical to me.

I don't blame you.. with all that's going on right now, this is the last thing that needs to happen.

Guess it'll get worse before it gets better.

There's a lot of middle roster players that get paid at or above market value. They don't tend to pay market value for top-end talent because it's usually unwise to do that if you plan on fielding a competitive team every year without as they say "a single point of failure", under the salary cap.

Very true. We'll never see players like Sanders, Green or Wright saying the Pats don't pay.

Yeah like paying deltha oneil instead of samuel.

It's pissing you off because he just badmouthed the team and then tried to sweep it under the rug as if it was no big deal in the very next sentence. And a lot of people here are falling for it. BradyFTW, you're a smart guy, but there is no sugar coating this. Moss just laid the hammer down on this football team while still on the roster. The reality of the situation is that there is no spin here, as those words actually came out of Moss' mouth when the reality is that he could have just kept his mouth shut about this and waited until his contract expired. Welcome to an offseason of turmoil, guys.

No spin?

And it makes us wonder whether Moss is speaking out now in the hopes that the Patriots will decide to divert his $6.4 million base salary to defensive tackle Vince Wilfork and cut Moss loose now.

Yep, he wants a trade but he's too scared to come out and say it...... SPIN

The genius of his comments could be that he's making it known now that, once he enters his lame duck year, he's going to play like a limping dog.

Yep he's already decided he's going to play like a limping dog next year...... SPIN

So don't be shocked if the Pats decide that they don't want Moss around this year if he's going to have a stick buried in his butt, and don't be surprised if he trades in his 81 for the 84 he made famous a dozen year ago.

SPINNNN

Where did he say those words? If he did, you shouldn't have a problem finding a quote. Note: even Florio won't claim that he said that he wants off the team. Instead, he sticks to putting words in his mouth, like:

"And it makes us wonder whether Moss is speaking out now in the hopes that the Patriots will decide to divert his $6.4 million base salary to defensive tackle Vince Wilfork and cut Moss loose now.
Actually, we don't need to wonder it. Moss essentially said it."
====
Though Moss was still careful to say he plans to play for the Pats in 2010, why would he want to be there if he thinks that he won't be there beyond the coming season?
====
"The genius of his comments could be that he's making it known now that, once he enters his lame duck year, he's going to play like a limping dog."

That = spin.

If we can get our hands on an unedited transcript of what Moss actually said, consider me interested. Otherwise, these 'journalists' don't have enough credibility with me for me to care what they write. We don't know what they edited, or what they decided wasn't worth printing. Until then, I going to stick with the interpretation that he knows he's not getting re-signed, so he's playing for a new contract in 2011. Just because Florio's ******ed enough to think that he'd dog-fake his way through a contract year doesn't mean anyone should buy it.

Last edited:

guys it is not drawing w/ crayola crayons

1. He gets his name out for '11
2. He knows the Pats would not make a new deal with his age.
3. I respect how he let this out now.....
4. he is playing for a contact elsewhere (expect greatness)

Randy Moss is not getting younger. A great WR who is not like wine and he does not get better with age. He sees the writting on the wall and he is no dummy.

Mad Respect for Randy.....

My Guess is that he lands w/ Eagles in '11

Last edited:

Where did he say those words? If he did, you shouldn't have a problem finding a quote. Note: even Florio won't claim that he said that he wants off the team. Instead, he sticks to putting words in his mouth, like:

"And it makes us wonder whether Moss is speaking out now in the hopes that the Patriots will decide to divert his $6.4 million base salary to defensive tackle Vince Wilfork and cut Moss loose now.
====
Though Moss was still careful to say he plans to play for the Pats in 2010, why would he want to be there if he thinks that he won't be there beyond the coming season?
====
"The genius of his comments could be that he's making it known now that, once he enters his lame duck year, he's going to play like a limping dog."

That = spin.

If we can get our hands on an unedited transcript of what Moss actually said, consider me interested. Otherwise, these 'journalists' don't have enough credibility with me for me to care what they write. We don't know what they edited, or what they decided wasn't worth printing.

check rotoworld.com

where is the quote??

It's been posted already, but here...

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so. . . .

This is basically saying that the team is cheap, which is the number one driven media knock on them. He should have known better to say this, given what he's getting paid. He essentially just opened up the flood gates and threw his own team under the bus at the same time. Then, he attempted to sweep it under the rug...

"That's not a knock on them. That's just how they run their organization," Moss added. "That's how it is. Put it like this, I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think that's where they really don't pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didn't mean it as a knock against the organization. They just don't pay. If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

Damage is done, Randy. Saying the team "doesn't pay" is absolutely a knock on them. And, guys, there is no spin on this. These are Randy's exact words... out of his mouth.

No spin?

Yep, he wants a trade but he's too scared to come out and say it...... SPIN

Yep he's already decided he's going to play like a limping dog next year...... SPIN

SPINNNN

Florio is clearly trying to use these quotes for all they're worth, but the quotes alone are sickening. Read just the quotes and not anything else and try to tell me it's all perfectly benign.

====
====

That = spin.

If we can get our hands on an unedited transcript of what Moss actually said, consider me interested. Otherwise, these 'journalists' don't have enough credibility with me for me to care what they write. We don't know what they edited, or what they decided wasn't worth printing. Until then, I going to stick with the interpretation that he knows he's not getting re-signed, so he's playing for a new contract in 2011. Just because Florio's ******ed enough to think that he'd dog-fake his way through a contract year doesn't mean anyone should buy it.

There's a difference between spin and speculation. This is, pretty clearly, the latter. Florio is a football journalist. His job entails taking quotes from football players and speculating upon them. Now, if he put words in the quote that Randy didn't say, that would be another thing. That would be libelous and, if that's the case, we should be hearing about it pretty soon. Though I don't particularly like Florio, I can't see him doing that and putting his career on the line just to spite the big, bad Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back