PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss: "I don't think they going to extend my contract here"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss:"I don't think they going to extend my contract here"

I wouldn't be too suprised. But saying he will put forth lackluster effort this year? I bet he is near the lead league in TDs and yards this season, barring a bad injury.

The writer certainly spun it to sound like Moss wants out right now. I think he was just being honest. how many here would think that the Pats would offer him a new contract when this one is up? I'd say it is 25/75 against him, and that all depends on how the WR position plays out through the year. Does Welker make it back for any games and is he the same? Does Edelman continue to improve upon last season? Does Tate get on the field and prove anything? Then of course the question marks at FA/Draft. If we are in much of the same position entering the off-season next year as now, I would not be surprised to see a short deal offered up to Randy again.

That was bizarre. How can he say "the Patriots don't pay" over and over again?

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise" may be the strangest quote by a Patriot I've ever read.

Well if Sam Aiken continues to be the no. 2 threat on this team, I would want to go elsewhere too if I'm being triple teamed every play. I agree with him. He took less money to come play here in NE for a SB title and that has not happened here yet---very very slim it happens to NE in 2010-2011

Well if Sam Aiken continues to be the no. 2 threat on this team, I would want to go elsewhere too if I'm being triple teamed every play. I agree with him. He took less money to come play here in NE for a SB title and that has not happened here yet---very very slim it happens to NE in 2010-2011

If that's the case then why is everything he saying about getting paid? He didn't mention winning once.

And who else was going to take him in 2007. The Patriots resurrected his career.

Last edited:

The real question is --- How did Moss do during the softball game? They never tell us that.

"If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

i think he wanted to compete for the SB last year and this year
last year he saw the cornerstone of our D traded away for a future pick 2 years down the road

this year like most i dont see the pats being a top contender with a young D
how many teams have made it to the SB in the middle of rebuilding their D?

Moss is getting older, he knows it and he does not want to retire without a SB ring

Exhibit A in why Moss normally just refuses to talk to the media. That's a hell of a lot of spin...

"If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

i think he wanted to compete for the SB last year and this year
last year he saw the cornerstone of our D traded away for a future pick 2 years down the road

this year like most i dont see the pats being a top contender with a young D
how many teams have made it to the SB in the middle of rebuilding their D?

Moss is getting older, he knows it and he does not want to retire without a SB ring

If that's the case, then I'll ask it again: why is everything he talking about related to getting paid and how the Patriots don't pay?

If they let him go I might for a short while give up my seat on the bandwagon

Letting go of your best offensive weapon outside of TB =/= winning

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so. . . .

"That's not a knock on them. That's just how they run their organization," Moss added. "That's how it is. Put it like this, I guess that before I came there the philosophy was believing in their system. I think that's where they really don't pay guys because they have so much faith in their system. I didn't mean it as a knock against the organization. They just don't pay. If as an individual I'm not really in their future plans I would like to go elsewhere."

Just wanted to make sure that everyone read that. It's an honest commentary that Florio is trying REALLY hard to spin in a negative way. He doesn't think that the Pats will extend him, and he's fine with that, because he understands that the Pats don't typically re-up veterans at his age and price. So he understands that he's probably going to a new team next year. No need to read any more into it.

Patjew: probably because he understands that that's why he likely won't be a Pat after 2010. Because it's almost a foregone conclusion that the Pats won't offer him near as much as what someone else will.

This makes me sad. Moss was always my favoite non-Patriot player before we got him. Needless to say when we traded for him I was extatic and I have loved watching him play here.

Exhibit A in why Moss normally just refuses to talk to the media. That's a hell of a lot of spin...

How would you positively spin quotes like, "You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise"?

Randy isn't really helping the Patriots any by talking about how they "don't pay", which is utter bull****.

Just wanted to make sure that everyone read that. It's an honest commentary that Florio is trying REALLY hard to spin in a negative way. He doesn't think that the Pats will extend him, and he's fine with that, because he understands that the Pats don't typically re-up veterans at his age and price. So he understands that he's probably going to a new team next year. No need to read any more into it.

Patjew: probably because he understands that that's why he likely won't be a Pat after 2010. Because it's almost a foregone conclusion that the Pats won't offer him near as much as what someone else will.

Him saying "They just don't pay" over and over again is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard a current Patriot say. That is not spin. That is crap.

How would you positively spin quotes like, "You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise"?

Randy isn't really helping the Patriots any by talking about how they "don't pay", which is utter bull****.

Tell that to Vince Wilfork

Isn't Vince one of his best friends on the team?

Except for seymour did the pats ever sign some one on there own team market value?. i am not even sure brady got market value.

Oh, I agree, that's a dumb comment coming from the guy who, at the moment, is the highest-paid player on the team. He's all the proof you need that they do pay. On the whole, though, the spin that's being put on his comments (that he's a malcontent who wants out right this instant and is campaigning for a new home) is a little extreme.

Pats FO needs to step up this off-season into retaining and extending contracts of key players Wilfork,Brady. But then again if I was Brady and I dont see this team go all out to improve I wouldn't sign either.

Moss does not have a way with words, we know this. He's not very good at articulating what he really means, all the way back to the poorly thought out and worded "I play when I want to play". You can understand what he really means or where he's coming from, but he just doesn't say things right.

Anyway, I'm sure the patriots will offer him something fair after this year and if his main goal is maximizing his next contract then he's right it's probably not coming from the Patriots. But, this is perfect fuel for all of next year. More nitpicking every incomplete.

What's the over/under on how many times this quote is thrown around next season? My guess is about 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots