PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss hasn't faced a guy like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blahblah:

17 games in a row fans have told us why we should be worried. And that the Pats will struggle and or lose. And well you see how that's turned out. 17 times.

ha! if only yards won games, all you pats fans really would be undefeated, but its points that win games. Who cares if we gave up 402 yards? we won the game!

you are aware you'll be facing the highest scoring offense of all time right?

Reminds me of the old saw, "Talent and a dime (well, now I guess it's 5 bucks!) will get you a cup of coffee".

Listening to this ballwasher, you'd think this Cromartie character is single-handedly going to make the forward pass obsolete!

Please - we are begging you! Put this Cromartie guy in single coverage on Moss!!! Do the classy thing - make us happy!!!:D :D :D

Well, advantage ALWAYS goes to the QB and WR in one on one because the WR knows where he's going to end up and the CB has to run with him but Cro is the best pure athlete in the game. We, as Charger fans, knew that when he learns the position he'll be where he is right now because of his pure foot speed and quickness. I really haven't seen anyone that fast since Deion in Atlanta and Moss his rookie year. Although Moss isn't as fast as he use to be he's still pretty fast and he runs better routes so it will be interesting but I don't think the Chargers are stupid enough to leave Cro alone with Moss without safety help but that doesn't mean that Cro can't cover Moss.

you are aware you'll be facing the highest scoring offense of all time right?

And I'm sure everyone knows that but no one on our team is looking to respect that stat, we're walking in there looking to make or ruin history, which ever way you want to look at it.

17 games in a row fans have told us why we should be worried. And that the Pats will struggle and or lose. And well you see how that's turned out. 17 times.

well, sir, that's why there is a first for everything. :rocker:

There is one great problem, we arn't a one man team. He brady could rush us to victory. But we have weapons everywhere. Moss, Maroney, welker, jabbar, donte, they can all go all the way. Who are you gonna cover.

PS don't forget about faulk or watson...

Whatcha gonna do.

And I'm sure everyone knows that but no one on our team is looking to respect that stat, we're walking in there looking to make or ruin history, which ever way you want to look at it.

i just was wondering why you would state that they have to score points to beat you. we put up almost 40 on you this season and more than any team ever. why would you think we'd have trouble scoring on your decent defense?

jumpteu9.jpg

this is a pointless and stupid thread..Moss has seen the most complex and intricated defenses designed by mankind..theirs not another receiver still playing in this league that has seen the defenses Moss has had to deal with his whole career..1 guy cannot stop Moss, period. the perfect route and the perfect throw cannot be stopped whether its Brady to Moss or Bulger to Holt...honestly, get a clue. The only thing that "limits" Moss is safety 2 deep cover formations where the safety is already rolled to his side and is back pedaling twice for every step Moss takes forward..now, Moss has still made probably about 35TD catches in his career this way but its difficult and more risky..this isnt the regular season, Brady isnt going to throw those bombs unless Moss has beat the cover 2 deep coverage "OR" Moss is single coverage, period..please dont make dumb posts about some 2nd year corner and how he is going to stop Moss..I think the patriots have shown that they can beat teams with Moss catching 1 catch for 14yards, lol.

i just was wondering why you would state that they have to score points to beat you. we put up almost 40 on you this season and more than any team ever. why would you think we'd have trouble scoring on your decent defense?

because you were HIGHLY motivated to preserve Belicheks name in week 3 after the spygate incident. You had something to prove to the league. After embarrassing the Chargers twice you def have something to worry about because the Chargers ARE better than they were in week 3. We have won 8 in a row pretty convincingly and we beat the Colts twice during that run. Yeah, we DESERVE to be here. It was not a gift. We're, arguably, the second best team in the league and we're meeting you close to our peak (although I think we could play much better considering our talent).
My point is is that the score is going to start 0-0 and we'll see how it winds up after the game. Week 3 means nothing.

I state again. Moss has not played a guy like this all year:
cro03xb4.jpg

This picture has not been altered at all. Keep in mind this was in coverage and he did not take a drop step. He matches up well with Moss physically.

Sorry but you are offically certifiable.

Ever hear of Mike Haynes, Ronnie Lott or Mel Blount?

Ronnie Lott was a CB about as much as Manning is an average QB.

because you were HIGHLY motivated to preserve Belicheks name in week 3 after the spygate incident. You had something to prove to the league. After embarrassing the Chargers twice you def have something to worry about because the Chargers ARE better than they were in week 3. We have won 8 in a row pretty convincingly and we beat the Colts twice during that run. Yeah, we DESERVE to be here. It was not a gift. We're, arguably, the second best team in the league and we're meeting you close to our peak (although I think we could play much better considering our talent).
My point is is that the score is going to start 0-0 and we'll see how it winds up after the game. Week 3 means nothing.

drowning and grasping for straws. I guess we were HIGHLY motivated over spygate after that too.......16-0 Season. Called PERFECT SEASON.

Ok. granted you chargers are better with hobbled Gates, LECLASSY Tomlinson, Rivers.

Mercy rule will be in effect. 42-13 Pats smoke you...

you know you are FEARING the inevitable come Sunday. Brady is chomping at the bit for #4 and no trash talking soCal losers will stop him now

Week 3 means nothing, but week 2 drubbing 38-14 means a lot !

Okay junior, time for some education. First of all, let's get the facts straight.

Profile:

Randy Moss is 6'4" and 210 lbs.

Antonio Cromartie is 6'2" and 203 lbs.

Advantage: Moss

40-Yard Dash:

Moss in Pre-Trade Patriots Tryouts: 4.29 (Link)

Cromartie: 4.44 (Link)

Experience & Football IQ:

Moss Years Experience: 10

Cromartie Years Experience: 2

Vertical Leap:

Moss: 42" Minimum Claimed, 51" Maximum Claimed (Somewhere in the middle)

Cromartie: 40" Minimum Claimed, 42" Maximum Claimed

Advantage (Accounting for Height): Moss

Moss has been drawing double and triple coverage for over 10 years, and is STILL making one handed catches that leave DB's running into each other.

This thread should be titled: "Cromartie hasn't faced a guy like this"

I think I'm starting to hate Chargers fans almost as much as Colts fans.

Last edited:
Well, advantage ALWAYS goes to the QB and WR in one on one because the WR knows where he's going to end up and the CB has to run with him but Cro is the best pure athlete in the game. We, as Charger fans, knew that when he learns the position he'll be where he is right now because of his pure foot speed and quickness. I really haven't seen anyone that fast since Deion in Atlanta and Moss his rookie year. Although Moss isn't as fast as he use to be he's still pretty fast and he runs better routes so it will be interesting but I don't think the Chargers are stupid enough to leave Cro alone with Moss without safety help but that doesn't mean that Cro can't cover Moss.

OK. That's not ridiculous. It may be wrong, but it's not ridiculous.

The issue is single coverage. Single cover Moss with ANYBODY and you're going to get torched. Or else, if there's some new innovation in mugging the receiver, your guy will pick up so many PI penalties you'll think you're playing the Colts again.

We're, arguably, the second best team in the league

Definitely top 6. And you just beat one of the other teams in the 6, and Dallas isn't looking so good, so I'm already willing to anoint you top 4 or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots