PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss great game? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The "I have a Randy Moss Man Crush" Thread

Randy Moss is the offense.

pssst...don't tell Wes Welker, who's top-5 among all WRs in the league in receptions, first downs and touchdowns! ;)

Re: Moss Great Game?

Better give Caldwell a call because Moss dropped a ball while going for 145 and a TD :rolleyes:

Re: Randy Moss is the man (MERGED)

what has impressed me the most is the amount he has been on the field (what all but two plays yesterday) and continues to perform at the highest level in the 4th quarter. For all the talk that he is washed up etc, he has sure proved everyone wrong.
Also I have posted elsewhere, but how he has kept his trap shut when things havent gone his way (bad calls or non calls etc).
If both him and brady keep it up at this pace I hope they get co-MVP's. While it is Brady pulling the trigger, Moss has brought the whole offenses game to another level.

I will say though... on that third down to ice the game, I said 10 seconds before the play, here comes welker to end it. What a group they have!

WTF are you talking about? If it wasn't for Moss, we clearly do not get the victory.. To some extent.. Mods, please ban him.. :singing:

You may have set the bar just a tad high don't ya think?

Please ban me? Because of my opinion? WTF are you talking about? You cannot tell me he looked that comfortable going over the middle. Jesus man i didn't say he was a bad reciever. Go watch the game again and tell me he looked comfortable going over the middle. Get a clue buddy. Ban me? Thats laughable.

Please ban me? Because of my opinion? WTF are you talking about? You cannot tell me he looked that comfortable going over the middle. Jesus man i didn't say he was a bad reciever. Go watch the game again and tell me he looked comfortable going over the middle. Get a clue buddy. Ban me? Thats laughable.

MODs.. Serious trolling going on here.. :singing:

MODs.. Serious trolling going on here.. :singing:

Come on man i am just as big a Pats fan as you are but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to point out negative observations. Its okay I won't question your fanhood when don't suck every Patriots cork all day.

pssst...don't tell Wes Welker, who's top-5 among all WRs in the league in receptions, first downs and touchdowns! ;)

I won't step on anyone's binkie, Welker has been great. I just meant if you take Moss out of the offense then welcome to the good old days when there was zero room for error.

Come on man i am just as big a Pats fan as you are but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to point out negative observations. Its okay I won't question your fanhood when don't suck every Patriots cork all day.
Don't take him seriously, dude, he's just jerking your chain. See the little bouncing smilie?

Yes, people on this board can be a little tough.

But, really. Brady to me is one of the best QB's to play the game. After seeing Moss, he is one of the best WR's to play the game.

In my eyes, the reason we won yesterday was Moss. Without Moss, Brady would have had a very difficult time overcoming really, really bad calls. But he had Moss.

So, if people well don't understand your position, that is OK. We all see things differently and think differently. And for whatever the reason, people never understand that.

But trust me, without Moss, yesterday would have been a loss. If he had Caldwell, L in the column. With Moss, W in the column.

It really is that simple. The guy is great.

Dude.. I'm just messing with you..

.... I just meant if you take Moss out of the offense then welcome to the good old days when there was zero room for error.

Great insight !
Moss gives Brady room for error.

I think Moss had some good plays, some SPECTACULAR plays, some huge plays and some plays he'd like to have back. A couple were on Tommy throwing it in a bad spot, and a couple were Moss inexpiclably bobbling the ball.

While I don't think those couple of errors by #81 disqualifies him from having a GREAT game (I think he did), I don't believe the original poster's intent was to troll or to be a jerk. I think I just disagree with him. It's actually a rather interesting point to debate b/c Randy did have a couple of drops to go along with the big plays.

Last edited:

Moss did have an off game with some key drips. Moss also had 145 yards and a TD. Amazing what Moss can do on an off day, isn't it.

(edit) Um, I meant to say drops, not drips

Last edited:

I won't step on anyone's binkie, Welker has been great. I just meant if you take Moss out of the offense then welcome to the good old days when there was zero room for error.

Absolutely, I'm not trying to downplay Moss -- he changes the playing field, and yesterday he personally outplayed an impressive team defensive effort.

I'm kind of willing to give Moss a break when going over the middle. He knows he has a huge bull's eye on his back when he runs those slants and needs to catch the ball and make a very quick decision wheteher to turtle up on the ground or try to pull our a few more YAC. I think we have become spoiled because he makes so many sepctacular catches that it seems inconceivable that he coudl drop a pass.

Speaking of Moss, on his big catch in the 4th when they threw the flag for interference on Bethea did everyone else think it was a penalty on Sanders for leading with his helmet? The funny thing was Sanders is the one who got hurt.

his talent is amazing. that one handed stab... how many other recievers comfortably make that grab as he did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes