PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss gets in for one play on D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pujo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Looked through the other threads and didn't find this posted, but the Herald mentioned that Moss got in on the Hail Mary at the end of the first half as an extra safety. Seems like the guy is willing to do what's asked of him, no?

Last edited:
they also put him in against miami.

I think that these are players that love to play the game. I bet they are thrilled to get in the game at any point and probably relish the opportunity to do something different on the field (i.e. In Moss's case getting an interception).

You can see that Moss, Vrable, Seau... love playing the game. Doing something on the other side of the ball has to be freaking sweet for these guys.

They had Gutierrez on kickoff coverage too, BB does like versatility. I half expected Welker to be sent in to kick the last extra point...

The better point that should be getting more attention is the comment attributed to both Tom Brady and Coach Belichick about how Randy Moss is by far THE most intelligent WR that EITHER has ever played with/coached. It was such a strong sentiment that it was repeated at least once during the game.

They had Gutierrez on kickoff coverage too, BB does like versatility. I half expected Welker to be sent in to kick the last extra point...
I totally forgot that Welker can kick. Hmm, nice to have that in an emergency.

This is what BB does with veteran players.If they want, he puts them in places that no other coach will do. He makes it fun for them.

Can you imagine what would be said if Moss get a Int on one of those plays? He would have a blast with that. It would be better for him than catching another TD.

When it's a jump ball

Who ya gonna call?

I totally forgot that Welker can kick. Hmm, nice to have that in an emergency.

Emergency? We can take knees halfway through the 3rd Qtr. If we don't we're obviously running up the score.

The object of football is to kick it, right?

Emergency? We can take knees halfway through the 3rd Qtr. If we don't we're obviously running up the score.

The object of football is to kick it, right?
Someone has to kick off after TD's.

I don't know if they showed this on TV, but it was pretty funny to see. During one of the Patriots drives (I believe it was the 1st one of the 2nd half), there was a personnel change. The Pats went from a 2-TE set to a 3-wide set after a play in the red zone didn't give them the TD. Moss was one of the players coming into the game. As he ran past the players coming off, he flexed and pointed to his biceps as if to say, "Here comes the muscle to get it into the endzone."

Looked through the other threads and didn't find this posted, but the Herald mentioned that Moss got in on the Hail Mary at the end of the first half as an extra safety. Seems like the guy is willing to do what's asked of him, no?

You could just tell that he was psyched to be in there, too. He was smiling and jumping around. I loved it.

Moss would be huge as CB in Hail mary plays. Go Pats:rocker:

not a big deal TO does it for dallas also occasionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes