PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss-Cromartie match up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDFan

On the Roster
Reaction score
What you guys think of the match up this Sunday?

cromartie is very good.but if hes on moss one on one i think its a mistake .with brady throwing moss the ball advantage pats .

good point, but I believe the chargers coaching staff needs to risk a one on one match up with Moss at least at the beginning of the game. Now as the game goes on, Moss will figure out Cromartie (he is one of the smartest receivers ever played this game, yes smarter than Mr. Rice, but that's another topic :) ) and Chargers coaching better make the right adjustments.

he wont be on moss one on one. cro is an awesome ball hawk and play maker, but he needs to work on his covering skills more, still.

i am sure he will have help, and maybe a pick or two. :)

I think they'll be playing zone.
Playing Cromartie, or Champ Bailey, Or Deion Sanders, Or Michael Haynes on Randy Moss man up would be absolute suicide. That's why no one does it.

Seriously doubt that Turner and Cottrell will be sticking just Cromartie on Moss one-on-one for even a small part of the game. Obviously, the problem with playing zone is that the talented players (and by this stage in the playoffs there's a huge influx of talented players) will easily beat them.

Perhaps Cromartie on Moss as a deterrent, but Cromartie gets beat short a lot and we may not have the luxury of sending another linebacker to cover short on that side of the field, what with the necessity of keeping up an agressive pass rush and being aware of all of Brady's other potential targets.

Cromartie has talent, for sure, and some of his feats this season have been mind-boggling, but match any DB to any WR and sooner or later one of them is going to make a mistake. Too many mistakes, and that's the ball game. So...Cromartie with an INT or Moss with a TD? I suppose we'll find out.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the civil discussion, this is the way it should be, instead of crap like "It's payback time", "Prepare to be crying come Sunday night", what's the point of crap like that.

All any fan could ask for is a well played game by both teams, no injuries and may the best team win................

Do not see Moss-Cromartie as an exclusive match up, Moss is too good for that.. otoh if people expect what they saw last week, expect something completely different this week..

If they double team Moss, there are only so many players in coverage.. our advantage..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes