PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss could ruin Pats' perfection...MSNBC Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be OPINION but the author's facts are not correct. Moss gives a lengthy, detailed interview after Pats games shown locally on 'Patriots Fifth Quarter'. In fact he was MUCH more affable with the press than Tom Brady was. Brady did not tolerate questions about the Pats being 'lucky' with calls to end the game.

I agree.......

Last edited:
I agree.......

Exactly, and the few times Moss has talked to the media have been after the Dallas game and after the Ravens game. In both those games he had under 100 receiving yards, which only refutes the sulking/performance correlation. In fact in his big games, like against Indy, Buff twice, and Miami...he's refused to talk to the media.

People generally have one problem: He says and she says and everybody wants to say something.

It's the reason I don't like to read this kind of article in the newspaper or listen to radio talk show hosts for their opinions.

Ok, This Media Crap Is Pissing Me Off. Moss Is Getting Held, Hit, Or Raped On Every Play! If The Refs Would Do Their Dam Jobs, Those Articles Would Never Be Writtien.

Dammmit

Oh, it just breaks my heart that we have Moss.

Oh, it just breaks my heart that we have Welker.

Oh, it just breaks my heart that we have Stallworth.

Oh, (for that matter), it just breaks my heart that we have Gaffney.

Sorry folks, as far as our WR's, it just doesn't get any better.

Now it is up to our OC to start mixing it up with the run and screen passes to open it up.

You know, it is winter.

But one single word against Moss -- you have got to be kidding.

We have been one dimensional for too many games. Now we need to start confusing folks again.

Tomorrow, big dose of screens, short passes, runs -- and then boom, the big one.

These writers are so clueless it is almost laughable.

Me, I am thinking (seriously) that we are going to blow out the Steelers -- unless it snows or rains. Then it will be a battle.

Last edited:
Right after the bye week??? He only had 4 TDs against the Bills. Jeez.

It's so unfair. Brady pointed out that Moss is in the game for more plays than anyone but Brady himself. To some degree Moss has to regulate his body. He can't be flying around on every play and still performing optimally in the fourth quarter. I think that's quite reasonable. I have yet to say a play where Moss really stood out for his failure. His performance is consistently well above average, and sometimes phenomenal.

Re: More Moss criticism - Irresponsible Journalism

Please don't confuse sport's writing and journalism. That way lies madness.

Absolutely correct. Sports writers are mostly interested in creating stories, not reporting them.

This is how its been with him his entire career. We all remember how the media attacked him for the fake mooning incident. You had journalist after journalist calling him a punk and actually taking shots at him as a person...because of fake mooning. Think about that.

When the mooning thing happened my first reaction was that he was being playful with the fans (since he'd been actually mooned by fans earlier). I suppose it shouldn't have been surprising when the media turned it into something malicious, and I can't imagine how thin someone's skin needs to be in order to take offense at something like that.

Moss can't win with the media no matter what he does.

Last edited:
Exactly, and the few times Moss has talked to the media have been after the Dallas game and after the Ravens game. In both those games he had under 100 receiving yards, which only refutes the sulking/performance correlation. In fact in his big games, like against Indy, Buff twice, and Miami...he's refused to talk to the media.

Maybe he was obeying BB's or other veteran players suggestions - or his own rule - to avoid the media when he puts up a big performance.

Deplorable to see the increasing # of articles and 'experts' chiming in that Moss is dogging it by basing it on flimsy evidence and theory. :mad:

Moss has been playing amazingly well and maintaining a very nice reputation both on and off the filed since he joined us. I just hope he ignores the media completely.

Here's wishing that Moss puts a mind blowing performance on Sunday and shuts the traps of every single writer/fan who has been doubting his efforts.

Maybe he was obeying BB's or other veteran players suggestions - or his own rule - to avoid the media when he puts up a big performance.

Deplorable to see the increasing # of articles and 'experts' chiming in that Moss is dogging it by basing it on flimsy evidence and theory. :mad:

Moss has been playing amazingly well and maintaining a very nice reputation both on and off the filed since he joined us. I just hope he ignores the media completely.

Here's wishing that Moss puts a mind blowing performance on Sunday and shuts the traps of every single writer/fan who has been doubting his efforts.
:yeahthat:

This is a perfect example of the 24 hr, non stop media circus creating a story to give itself something to talk about.
Quite frankly, I wish more athletes would stop talking to those buffoons. Instead we get ....some guy named Smith, who is playing only cause the guy in front got hurt ,making stupid talk....and who, when they retire, become....Mercury Morris.
I think Marvin Harrison is is very reticent, win or lose, good game or bad, lord knows he's had his bad games against us :D but he doesn't get bashed for it like Moss does.
anyway, I really hope for a smack down this weekend, by two touchdowns. But a one pint win would be nice too....:rocker:

I can't wait to see the haters after Moss wins the big one! There will be lots of crow served up when 19-0 goes down, oh yeah!

I thought Randy was the MVP?

Anyone who has followed the Pats this year knows Moss has hardly talked to the media all season except for a few rare occasions.

Here they go again. It's as if they have nothing better to do than make stuff up.

There is a way to shut them up, but they always come back at the first available opportunity.

Everyone of these "sports experts" just wants to find a reason to why these last two games have been close. Sometimes, teams just have offnights.

Moss’ attitude started to surface right after the bye week. Looking at tape from the Week 12 game against the Eagles provided numerous examples of a less-than-determined Moss. Brady went so far as to defend Moss in public, but the idea that he needed to do that shed even more light on the situation.

I remember right after the bye, Moss had four touchdowns in one half. And he closed out the month by being names Player of the Month. He's tearing this team apart guys. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day, no matter what he'll still have people trying to portray him in a negative light. To some of the media and particularly these "columnists", that role of being the disruptive force is meant to be Randy's no matter what, and if he doesn't fit that disruptive cancerous image, then they'll create a story that falls in line with that image.

Now Randy is a smart guy, so he knows trying to campaign on his own behalf is a losing battle and that the best thing he can do is simply shun the media completely. 10 years in..he's learned that he shouldn't try to become Captain PC, a Brady or Jeter type, because he's not wired that way. He actually has a refreshing honesty about himself, but that honesty comes with a huge chip on his shoulder that has resulted in miscalculations on things he's said. Of course his responses aren't ego driven or meant to create attention for himself, like a TO. In fact he's TO's polar opposite, he would love to never be interviewed again for the rest of his career. If you could give Randy a blueprint on how to NOT draw attention to himself, he would follow it religously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back