PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss+cold=bad hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Helmet

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If we are in a dome the last 2 games, Moss makes at least 4 more catches. Passes he was hauling in a month ago are getting dropped...you need a running game for bad weather...we need to sign Barlow or another hammer for the long haul.

You forgot to throw in "wind" as a factor...

Moss has played in the cold many times, including the Frozen Tundra of Lambo so I dont think the cold was a huge factor on his catching ability. The wind on the other hand..

Moss has played in the cold many times, including the Frozen Tundra of Lambo so I dont think the cold was a huge factor on his catching ability. The wind on the other hand..

Agreed! I think the wind had a major impact on the Pats receivers droping those balls...

But i do semi agree with the OP, being a Moss fan and watching him throughout his career...he 50/50 in bad weather...especially the wind...

ie...he can kill in Lambo...but also had one of his worse game ever at Giant stadium...

Another unknown fact is that Moss played in cold in College as well, playing in Huntington WV, (my home) at Marshall, Moss played outdoors in freezing weather with great success. Last night was a combo of wind, cold & great D that limited the pass attack. Hell Brady was only 13-18 in that windstorm!

Anyways, Moss play's fine in the cold, whether at Lambea or Marshall. A little reminder:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cftYBN1HU50

Plus a lot of players were dropping balls last night, Gaffney on a comeback and Watson in the end zone are 2 easy catches that were dropped.

I think the wind was a major factor, but not in the obvious way--that it was blowing passes off course. Brady was worried about the wind and as a result, he was throwing harder and faster than before. On several occasions, his receivers simply couldn't hang on to the bullets he was throwing.

If we are in a dome the last 2 games, Moss makes at least 4 more catches. Passes he was hauling in a month ago are getting dropped...you need a running game for bad weather...we need to sign Barlow or another hammer for the long haul.

Nice guess. You probably didn't notice Watson dropping them too, or that the wind was changing the direction of the ball.

I'll agree with the notion of needing a hammer. That would have been Sammy Morris. The team has been hurt by injuries - no question - they just won't find a sympathetic ear anywhere in the league. But reality is that the loss of Morris hurt the offense.

Barlow the Hammer is walking the streets right now for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes