PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss breaks silence

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a GREAT D line that did that + somehow our O line played awful = you know what happened. I wouldn't worry about that happening too often.

Doesn't have to happen often, only has to happen once unfortunately. The key to making that not an issue is to have a more balanced offense to keep defenses from being able to completely sell out and press every down.

Doesn't have to happen often, only has to happen once unfortunately. The key to making that not an issue is to have a more balanced offense to keep defenses from being able to completely sell out and press every down.

No, the key to not making that an issue is to not have the quarterback and right guard injured against the best pass rushing defensive line in the NFL while the rest of the offensive line plays its worst game of the season. I can't remember where I saw the breakdown, but a sportswriter broke down how other teams attacked the Patriots, and it was seen that a lot of teams were blitzing the hell out of the team and getting killed when doing it.

While I still don't understand why this team doesn't throw slants to outside receivers who are in motion pre-snap, the problems in the Super Bowl were injury and execution, not game plan.

Last edited:
No, the key to not making that an issue is to not have the quarterback and right guard injured against the best pass rushing defensive line in the NFL while the rest of the offensive line plays its worst game of the season. I can't remember where I saw the breakdown, but a sportswriter broke down how other teams attacked the Patriots, and it was seen that a lot of teams were blitzing the hell out of the team and getting killed when doing it.

While I still don't understand why this team doesn't throw slants to outside receivers who are in motion pre-snap, the problems in the Super Bowl were injury and execution, not game plan.

So, you're saying that a d-lineman ONLY pass rushes and has no other responsibilities on the line? Just because a team doesn't blitz that much, doesn't mean they're not being overaggressive. Whatever the 100% accurate causes of the super bowl loss, other teams are going to try to do this. The way you counteract overaggression is to create the threat of plays that capitalize on it.

So, you're saying that a d-lineman ONLY pass rushes and has no other responsibilities on the line? Just because a team doesn't blitz that much, doesn't mean they're not being overaggressive. Whatever the 100% accurate causes of the super bowl loss, other teams are going to try to do this. The way you counteract overaggression is to create the threat of plays that capitalize on it.

No, I'm saying that last year's offense could have come out and told the defense "Hey, it's a pass", and there's nothing the defenses could have done about it as long as the Patriots' offensive played even an average game and the weather was alright.

Also, there are ways to counter "overaggression" that don't need to include a running game.

Last edited:
lol @ Sports-Center hyping this comment tonight before two commercial breaks with...

"One season removed from perfection lost, concern in New England about the upcoming season!

Find out what's got one of New England's biggest stars feeling unease!"

you can't be serious. espn has hit a new low

No, I'm saying that last year's offense could have come out and told the defense "Hey, it's a pass", and there's nothing the defenses could have done about it as long as the Patriots' offensive played even an average game and the weather was alright.

Also, there are ways to counter "overaggression" that don't need to include a running game.

I didn't say a running game necessarily, I said offensive balance. A running game mixed with shorter passes and screens is a good way to complement the deep threats. They also require less time in pass protection to get off.

lol @ Sports-Center hyping this comment tonight before two commercial breaks with...

"One season removed from perfection lost, concern in New England about the upcoming season!

Find out what's got one of New England's biggest stars feeling unease!"

Thank God I don't have to watch Sportscenter all weekend. One of the many benefits of having kids...Noggin and Nickelodeon rarely paint the Pats in a bad light. :D

I didn't say a running game necessarily, I said offensive balance. A running game mixed with shorter passes and screens is a good way to complement the deep threats. They also require less time in pass protection to get off.

Yes, but even a cursory glance at the Super Bowl shows that the Patriots did this. It simply didn't work.

you can't be serious. espn has hit a new low

It's sad but true.

The even stranger thing was that they had Brady highlights during the tease, as if he made the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back