PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss allows us to play 10 on 9!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jct

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Cleveland schemed up a genuine BB inspired defense...
double Moss and hit Welker at every opportunity.
It was the best defensive plan we have faced and the Cleveland players bought into the belief that they could win. They had what I would call a Titan's like expectation of success.
To an extent the Crennel approach worked, our top to recieving threats were minimized BUT we killed them with #3 and #4. And our running game was not as potent because we were holding back to save up for the Dallas matchup.
I'll take Brady's bad day with 3 TDs, No INTs, No sacks, 105+ Passer rating any day. Frankly, anyone could see that we have held back all year. We could have easily put another 2 scores on the board in any of our games IMO. But we were especially nice to Crennel. Of course we never really know, but the wednesday injury report seems to point to a healthier team come sunday.

"anyone could see that we have held back all year"

5 and 0, and holding back? The Pats must be extra super duper football players!

I don't blame you for writing that. Hey, confidence helps build dynasties.

I still say it's going to be a great game.

I don't think NE "held back" against Romeo. I think the Browns covered well and took advantage of a random off day by Brady.

You are correct that NE has left at least 6 points on the field late in games, but NE let more points go by against Cleveland due to mistakes than they did generousity.

And it isn't as if Dallas hasn't had their share of blowouts that they could have run up the score as well had they wanted.

If you watched the games at all, you would understand what he said. The Patriots took their foot off the pedal in every game so far. The first three games they EASILY could've scored 45+ points, maybe 50. If we NEED to score that much, we can. Not necessarily against Dallas, but there is absolutely a basis for the idea of having, at some point, "held back" to some degree.

If you watched the games at all, you would understand what he said. The Patriots took their foot off the pedal in every game so far. The first three games they EASILY could've scored 45+ points, maybe 50. If we NEED to score that much, we can. Not necessarily against Dallas, but there is absolutely a basis for the idea of having, at some point, "held back" to some degree.

Again, every team that wins by a healthy margin can make this claim, including Dallas.

Again, every team that wins by a healthy margin can make this claim, including Dallas.

I get the point you're making, but I think it's far more pronounced - or has been far more pronounced - in New England this year than the norm.

Yeah, like when they have been taking Brady out of games early in the fourth quarter this year.

Get it?

Last edited:

Your comments speak volumes about your ignorance.

How many times this year has Dallas been up by over two TDs late and:

1. Benched Romo?
2. Deliberately avoided scoring?

If you had watched the games, you would know that the Patriots have not yet faced an opponent that they had to take seriously.

Of course our opponents thus far have not been good teams. Only five teams in the NFL have had weaker schedules than the Patriots. The Cowboys, with the second weakest schedule in the NFL are one of those teams.

I don't see how a team which struggles against the Buffalo Bills can hope to compete with the New England Patriots.

This thread really wasn't about trashing Dallas in any way.
Dallas is a very good team.
But I have to thank this troll for his ignorance.
NE has held back after we got up by 3 scores all 5 games.
Honestly I don't follow dallas hardly at all.
Tony Homo has been decent (4 games) this year so I have heard.
(Thats what Bledsoe called him:p )
Moss+Brady=Unstoppable

I don't think NE "held back" against Romeo. I think the Browns covered well and took advantage of a random off day by Brady.

You are correct that NE has left at least 6 points on the field late in games, but NE let more points go by against Cleveland due to mistakes than they did generousity.

And it isn't as if Dallas hasn't had their share of blowouts that they could have run up the score as well had they wanted.

In the 4th quarter we did have at least 1 series were we did not go all out.
I believe it was, Eckel,Eckel,Gaffney. I think there was legitimate respect to keep the score close and win rather than score a blowout like the first 4 games. Like I said before Cleveland was well coached and confident. But we held back our best skill players in the game. I do not think fans deserve a 10 point win if we CAN remove any doubt that a comeback is possible (Dallas-Buffalo) we deserve 3 score margin wins whenever the skill players CAN provide it.
IMO there was a definate attempt not to make Crennel look bad. Just happy the game was relatively injury free.

In the 4th quarter we did have at least 1 series were we did not go all out.
I believe it was, Eckel,Eckel,Gaffney. I think there was legitimate respect to keep the score close and win rather than score a blowout like the first 4 games. Like I said before Cleveland was well coached and confident. But we held back our best skill players in the game. I do not think fans deserve a 10 point win if we CAN remove any doubt that a comeback is possible (Dallas-Buffalo) we deserve 3 score margin wins whenever the skill players CAN provide it.
IMO there was a definate attempt not to make Crennel look bad. Just happy the game was relatively injury free.

Of course, but everyone does that! You never see a team running anything fancy when they are all but assured the victory.

If you want to bring up the fact that Brady didn't even play the final 8 minutes of the Buffalo game, fine. But other than that, NE didn't "hold back' any more than any team does with a very late lead.

I don't see how a team which struggles against the Buffalo Bills can hope to compete with the New England Patriots.

You remember Pats/Lions last year, no? Was that an indicator of how bad our team REALLY was, or just an off day or whatever?

Any given Sunday...

If the opportunity arises, I would particularly like to see the Pats run up the score against the Jets and Colts. The Jets as payback for "The Video Infraction"; the Colts because of the last year's AFCCG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes