PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' agent won't comment on negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/29/no_hookup_for_moss_patriots/
As of the wee hours this morning, Randy Moss was not an ex-Patriot, but he also didn't have a long-term contract to keep him in New England, while cornerbacks Asante Samuel and Randall Gay appeared headed out of Foxborough via free agency, which officially kicked into gear at 12:01 a.m.

When reached after midnight, Moss's agent, Tim DiPiero, said he had no comment on negotiations and wouldn't answer a question as to whether Moss, now officially a free agent, had the parameters of a deal to stay with the Patriots, who elected not to place the franchise tag on the record-setting receiver.

I'm not sure why is agent wouldn't answer those "simple" questions, but there it is. Moss is a free agent and most likely gone, IMO. I refuse to waste anymore time worrying about it. I'm sick of all the false rumors that give false hopes.

Last edited:
Re: Moss's Agent won't comment on negotiations

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/29/no_hookup_for_moss_patriots/

I'm not sure why is agent wouldn't answer those "simple" questions, but there it is. Moss is a free agent and most likely gone, IMO. I refuse to waste anymore time worrying about it. I'm sick of all the false rumors that give false hopes.

I dunno if thats a good thing he didnt comment on it or a bad thing, only time will tell I guess...

Yeah it's 5 hours and 52 minutes into free agency. I'm ready to slit my wrists too...

Come on guys, if you're just going to go to pieces the moment this process kicks off, follow pitchers and catchers or something.

Sheesh.

PFnV

I'm quite sure the Pats and Moss have probably agreed to media silence while they negotiate. That is how both sides do their business.

I don't read anything in to this.Moss' Agent is doing his job.A deal is a deal only when it's signed.

Moss's agent was probably was probably annoyed people are calling him so earley in the morning. What happned to phone etiquette people!!

Moss's agent was probably was probably annoyed people are calling him so earley in the morning. What happned to phone etiquette people!!

LMAO!

Who is this...? WHO? Yea we have no deal at this time (hangs up phone).

The next person that calls me i'm telling them he signed with the Colts.

Starting to get a little worried, I think this should have be done by now, I think we are playing with fire right now..

I'm quite sure the Pats and Moss have probably agreed to media silence while they negotiate. That is how both sides do their business.

They've had a month to negotiate. Either its already done (either exact terms or something like 'well give you 90% of the highest offer you can receive on the open market); or something fell apart and he's gone. Cuz the patriots definitely are not going to top or match his highest free agent offer

Last edited:

im just hoping they havent announced it yet....

how does this work ? pats have make an announcement or just send the papers to the league ? if the latter, then iam sure the pats might be just waiting to do that. they have precedence to let rumors develop and then squash them.
There isnt any comment from any other team that moss is in talks or visiting them . So from that angle its a +ve.

Don't forget that Randy Moss has no love for the media. He likes to "eff" with them as much as anyone in pro football.

I think Moss is the only free agent who doesn't have any meetings set up or no other teams officially chasing him... at least on of the marque free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes