Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moss- 2 for 22 yrds?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by carolinatony, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinatony

carolinatony In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am very happy we won but we need a bit more from Moss. It was the first game for Cassel so I'll pass on this for this game.
    He is too good not to be more involved on the offense.
    thoughts

2. patriot lifer

patriot lifer 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

I wish they would at least go for him more while in the redzone. (although, maybe he was completely blanketed, I didn't notice)

probably as they get more comfortable as an offense, they will open up the field and explore more options.

but if they play mistake-free football and win, who cares...besides Moss?

3. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Lets face it,this is not going to be a 1,000 yard year from Moss - Moss will be a decoy for many games and open things up in the slot for Welker and the other side with Thomas,Watson and Gaffney because I do not think Cassel to Moss is going to be a big thing this year unless Moss takes a few 10 yards outs and goes a long ways with it -

You could see in that one particular play in the game today it will be awhile before the timing of Moss and Cassel improve to where each other knows whats up between them.

Moss will probably come between 14-16 TD receptions this year - Yes I think its going to be a big dropoff from his 23 last year

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  4. lorijean

lorijean On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I believe Randy was limited in practice this week. I think as time goes on the chemistry will be better. I am not worried about that at all.

5. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

Moss said that he was used to playing with Brady. He and Brady have a good relationship. It's going to take time for him and Cassel to build that kind of relationship. Cassel is not going to be able to do EVERYTHING that Brady did right away. I think over time he'll get better. However, I will not be surprised if there is much more of an emphasis on the running game than the passing game throughout the season. They have 5 good running backs on the team. It would be ashame not to use them.

6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I'm with LJ. I think Moss is not quite 100%. He's gets a pass this week. Let's see how the next couple weeks shake out.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  7. spook75

spook75 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Honestly , I think moss was left alone on purpose. There were some shots of him on the sideline and at firs tI thought he looked unhappy/pissed. But late rit looked more like he was hurting. I was talking about it with my wife and we were thinking that they still had moss in as a distraction/decoy but did not want to use him to much to give his back a break ( in case of any hits ).

8. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +231 / 3 / -1

Opponents will probably concentrate on scheming Moss until Cassel demonstrates he can walk this team down the field with consistency.

9. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +197 / 3 / -0

i heard moss was unhappy on WEEI. anyone who saw the game observe this ?

10. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

it did look like at times that he was frustrated for whatever reason.

11. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Moss probably was upset he dropped that pass after getting hit by Revis when he was open for a few seconds but Cassel was late in getting it to him so that particular play was not Moss's fault.

12. PatriotNMP43

PatriotNMP43 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Moss should of caught that 40 yarder despite it being underthrown, hit him in the middle of his chest, he has to step up his game and help Cassel out.

13. carolinatony

carolinatony In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He should get 3/4 on one drive alone sometimes in the game. I guess it will take time.

14. cloud34

cloud34 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I really don't like the fact that Moss was pissed sitting on the sidelines when the Pats had the lead. We know what he's been like in the past when he's not getting the ball, win or lose.

15. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

1. Moss was injured.
    2. Moss was covered
    3. Moss was thrown the ball more than twice. He didn't catch it.
    4. Cassel's job was to move the chains and NOT THROW AN INT, Wes offers the best chance for that not a 40 yard bomb to Moss.

16. JAYHAWKS34

JAYHAWKS34 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

wow, even after the win people always have issues :mad:

17. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He should've had a TD but what can ya do. He'll need to be patient as this is going to be a smashmouth/ball control offense this year. But he will get his chances like at the end. Even though the ball was underthrown it shouldve been a big play regardless. Cassel will improve, there's too much talent around him and top notch coaching for him not to. The important thing is that we're still undefeated.

18. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

As the broadcast crew observed on replay it was not a bad throw under the circumstances and Moss should have had it. Cassel was facing closing pressure and just got the throw off. They asked him about it in the post game and he said he didn't really know what happened since he was on his ass once he let the ball go.

Randy looked ginger today, could have been mental or physical, or a little of both.

19. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

They had issues at 18-0...

20. WhiZa

WhiZa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The fact is (besides winning) he came to the Patriots to play with Tom Brady to rebuild his case for the HoF. It's obvious Moss and Cassel have little chemistry together. Cassel was throwing to David Thomas in double/triple coverage, but would only throw to Moss in single coverage. With Brady in there he would just toss it up for Moss to pull down. I was shocked when I saw Moss drop that pass. I really hope he can get his energy back up for these games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.