Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moses Cabrera new assistant strength coach...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Seneschal2, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Cabrera new assistant strength coach - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

---

For those who always like to connect dots, Colorado's top prospect is OT Nate Solder, who could use some bulking up. :cool:
  2. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#24 Jersey
    I think the Fresno connection is more important that connecting the dot to Solder. Someone BB has worked with before gave him a vote of confidence is enough for me to like it.
  3. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Apparently, according to BB, they had quite a bit of interest, but were able to hide it well because of Cabrera (who also worked with Mankins).

When they sent Scar to work him out on Monday(!), that was just crossing the last t. :)
  5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So what were are saying here is that we are hoping that Moses can deliver us to the promiseland.............
  6. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

He's already parted the Red C.
  7. Peachhead

Peachhead PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#75 Jersey
    That is the opposite of good news for me. One of the biggest knocks on Solder is his lack of strength and bulk. And we hired the guy partially responsible for it?
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  8. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Can't believe we hired this guy....imagine what round this freakishly tall, light on his feet, scary athleticism LT would have been drafted in if he had proper training.
  9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

In defense of guys with really long arms, they usually don't bench that much, because unlike us short armed guys, they have to push the weight much farther in terms of distance. If you figure he is benching 225, 21 times and each time the weight must travel a distance of almost three feet for a total distance of 756 inches, meanwhile a guy with a normal arm length of 32 inches would have to do 24 reps to equal the the same distance as the taller guy.

Physics is phun!!!!
  10. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

One more time: Solder is a convert to OT from TE. He came in as a 230 pound freshman and exits as a 320 pound OT. That is a dramatic conversion.

He isn't even finished. Once he matures into his frame and stops growing, he'll be that much better.
  11. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That knock is lazy people doing shoddy analysis. Solder's bull rush problem is technique, he's got all the strength he needs, he just needs to bend his knees, sink his hips, get better with his hands and it will be fine. I expect NE will put a little more weight on him, but if you shop around there's media information where Solder talks about the transition from TE to OT and the huge difference in hand use.

Matt Light had four years to transition before hitting the NFL, he redshirted his sophomore season to bulk up and work on technique before he took over LT in a game. Solder redshirted his freshman season, played TE as a redshirt freshman, and in Spring ball he moved over to LT. Both he and Light started three seasons at LT, but Light had a transition year, Solder had spring ball. He's raw, the strength is fine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.