PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortenson on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh now they are taking a Michael Silver opinion piece and magnifying this

To act as if it is gospel that if the Pats season is a failure that Belichick will be out because he doesn't say different team.
Michael Silver. Yeah. He loves belichick...:rolleyes:

Michael Silver. Yeah. He loves belichick...:rolleyes:

It's hilarious isn't it?

Huge victory for the Pats last night and they'll have spent 90% of their show talking about these opinion pieces and how they must be true and there are still problems. But let's not talk about how the Pats after coming off one of their worst losses 6 days prior blew the doors off a team that was either 1 or 2 in every sports media power ranking. Which oh by the way they had 13 days to get ready for the game.

Why is Felger so miserable? He always has to find a way to talk down on Boston teams.

Felger realized early on that being the contrarian works really well in this market because the legion of the miserable will love his act and the rest of the fans will pull their hair out getting pissed off at him and arguing with him. he understands that rating and hits are all that matter and he is getting both.

Steeler fan piece of crap. I really like Fauria and wanted to follow that show but Merloni is a blowhard and Benz is worse than Salk ever was. I'm not sure why WEEI thinks we want to listen to a Steeler fan discuss the Patriots but i have turneed that show off for good.

Tim Benz was a douche when he was here in Pittsburgh on 105.9. Like I told @Jackson 2 , I didn't even realize that he was a sports talk radio guy. All he ever did was speak very generally about basic Steeler issues. I suspect that he's likely continuing that same piss poor kind of analysis, although I haven't had the opportunity to hear him in the new setting yet.

Tim Benz was a douche when he was here in Pittsburgh on 105.9. Like I told @Jackson 2 , I didn't even realize that he was a sports talk radio guy. All he ever did was speak very generally about basic Steeler issues. I suspect that he's likely continuing that same piss poor kind of analysis, although I haven't had the opportunity to hear him in the new setting yet.
Supa, you're not missing freaking thing...

Actually, I find it easy to believe that Brady and the coaching staff had tension -- they were stressed out TOGETHER by the way things were going.

Bruschi On Tap: New England Patriots, Tom Brady finally click - espnBoston

Q. Hi Tedy. Incredible win last night. Really showed the team's mental toughness to bounce back from MNF at KC. Can you please comment on the "tension" that sources are claiming exists between the coaching staff and TB12? It feels to me like it's a bunch of smoke. -- Gary (Boston)

A. Gary, what I'll say is this: When a player starts to enter the tail end of his career -- two years left, three years left -- he starts to feel increased pressure about wanting to win a championship and doing things that benefit the team at that moment. Veteran players don't look three or four years down the road at the state of the franchise. (For example, when Jerod Mayo was drafted 10th overall, I knew the writing was on the wall with my time there.) They want everything right now to win a championship, and if you don't feel like what's being done, there is going to be tension. That's everywhere. With Tom Brady, if there is anything directly, if there is any tension, it's just about wanting to win right now. In terms of personal relationships, there was never any problem with him and any of the coaches.

I love Mazz's theory that because Belichick and Brady celebrated with each other on the sidelines that it is indisputable proof they hate each other.

listening to him is like listen to any other tool bag you just cant stand

Everyone should email and text the crap out of weei, I listened all day and they are all gutless idiots for not going after mort. Mort was clearly uncomfortable, perfect time to pounce on him. Didn't even ask a decent question or try to dig into the truth about his sources. What a bunch of candy assess. I'm so sick of the press being able to say whatever they want, sports or politics with no repercussions for making **** up or stretching the truth.

You know what an unconfirmed source is....********.

None of what Mort said was credible, we all know it and he knows we know.

As far as Hasselbeck, he is a idiot also, the fact anyone allows him to commentate on national TV is a disgrace, he wasn't a good quarterback and he has no right or brains to comment on guys far better than he ever was.

"Don't quote me, Mort, but I'd say Tom Brady is frustrated with the personnel moves that Bill Belichick has made, right Eli?"

"That's right, Peyton. You didn't get it from me, Mort, but I've also heard that there's some tension there between Tom Brady and the Patriots coaches."

"Would you say there's trouble in paradise?'

"That's a great way to put it, Mort. Right Peyton?"

"Did you wake up in a bar again this morning, Mort, or is this the best you can do to dress yourself? No big deal. They can't see you on the radio anyway."

Mort & Goobers.jpg

Last edited:
What's the world coming to when you can't trust ESPN?

I mean it's not like Tom Jackson got it wrong when he said "they hate their coach"

It's hilarious isn't it?

Huge victory for the Pats last night and they'll have spent 90% of their show talking about these opinion pieces and how they must be true and there are still problems. But let's not talk about how the Pats after coming off one of their worst losses 6 days prior blew the doors off a team that was either 1 or 2 in every sports media power ranking. Which oh by the way they had 13 days to get ready for the game.
Discussing the game requires football analysis and dissection. Neither of those fools possess the ability to do that, so they deflect attention to less cerebral matters - namely, gossip.

Good reply by BB. And then they wonder why he hates dealing with the media.

Part of me thinks all this BS is good for helping galvanize the team for a good few weeks at least.

And speaking of media dooshes, listening to the post games shows, it was hard to avoid The Bloated Beluga, DeOssie. At one point he actually said, I'm a big fan of the Patriots too....
Almost drove off the road....

As expected

CHB Shaughnessy on Patriots drama: 'It's Not Over' - CSNNE.com

"These things are going to resurface, it's not over," said Dan Shaughnessy. "This was a perfect opponent for Bill [Belichick] to make the statement he wanted to make [Sunday]. He had the opponent looking for undefeated, all this stuff. It's still the Bengals and Marvin Lewis. The book's not in on this thing yet, it's still suspect moving forward."​

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes