PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortenson calls for unsportmanlike conduct on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CBS crew on the Cinci-Balti game just talked about 'not looking for a flag like Tom Brady'

why the hate?

people act like Brady was wrong for wanting the game to be called by the rules

I've always gotten the sense Mort gave Brady respect only grudgingly. Always pegged Mort for a Manning family jock sniffer who resented Brady's success because it took away from the legend of Peyton.

Well, what happened to Mort is Peyton sat on his face when he was rubbing Peyton's calluses. Kind of hard to avoid the sniff, Mort explained.

I've been twittering him how ridiculous he sounds. Feel free to join in. @mortreport

i know some people like to hate on the pats....but come on

Ravens just got a penalty called against them. Wonder if they will be crying after the game if Palmer can get a td here.
2 huge penalties against the Ravens on that final drive where Cincy won the game. Problem for Baltimore is that they were both legit calls.

I thought we were boycotting espn, I havent watched it in a while, glad I havent. Morts a douchebag. These guys make such asses out of themselves with the hate, its gotten insane.

Ravens just got a penalty called against them. Wonder if they will be crying after the game if Palmer can get a td here.

The whine session has already started.

Lol @ the broncos doing just this on back to back plays.

Lol @ the broncos doing just this on back to back plays.

That was my immediate reaction too.

Where's Mort's flag on Champ Bailey for that one??????

If they ever made it a penalty for someone to imitate a ref throwing a flag, then every single WR in the league would be in trouble every play - and I would be penalized about 500 yards in my own house :D

Creighton on the Cowboys makes that motion on every play. I think they should either give fines or penalties for it.

It's really doesn't surprise me that Mortensen said this.

Back when I watched/listened to ESPN as my primary source of sports info, I always thought Mortensen was the "real journalist" for NFL news. He didn't get caught up in the shtick and banter as everyone else. Then, after the sideline taping story broke 2 years ago, he came on with Mike and Mike to talk about the story. I expected Mortensen to supply a rational view of the story, but instead he jumped right onto the "Cheeterz!11!" bandwagon with his "tip of the iceberg" fantasy. From that point on, I realized Mort will follow whatever script will get him the most attention.

You can watch any NFL game and see D-lineman, cornerbacks, QBs, and wide receivers lobbying for flags throughout the game. To try and pretend it's somehow an issue and deserves a penalty just because Brady does it is just a way to appeal to the largest audience possible.

Peyton Manning just got hit in the knees, as glancing a blow as the one against Brady.

Personal foul, roughing the passer AND Peyton lobbied for the call.

Mortenson is definitely going to say that Manning is not sportsmanlike.

You watch.

Another roughing call on Peyton.

This one was nowhere near as rough as Ngata's.

Payton lobbied for the call again.

I think I saw Bronco receivers turn and ask for a flag about 10-12 times today. At the sportsbar I was at the Patriot fans were yelling "put on a skirt" and laughing about it. To call out Brady for something every player does is ludicrous.

I saw Howie Long on FOX complain about Brady too and suggesting that only Tom Brady is the beneficiary of the Tom Brady rule, not Joe Flacco or anyone else. Did he see the same roughing the passer call on Wright?

The Patriots have become the Yankees of football and I like it. You know when people hate you that you're good.

Come on, Brady's act was ridiculous. The guy just brushed him, then Brady goes on TV and sticks up for the defensive players. What a candy ass pansy.

Come on, Brady's act was ridiculous. The guy just brushed him, then Brady goes on TV and sticks up for the defensive players. What a candy ass pansy.

go back to the hole you crawled out of troll

It's really doesn't surprise me that Mortensen said this.

Back when I watched/listened to ESPN as my primary source of sports info, I always thought Mortensen was the "real journalist" for NFL news. He didn't get caught up in the shtick and banter as everyone else. Then, after the sideline taping story broke 2 years ago, he came on with Mike and Mike to talk about the story. I expected Mortensen to supply a rational view of the story, but instead he jumped right onto the "Cheeterz!11!" bandwagon with his "tip of the iceberg" fantasy. From that point on, I realized Mort will follow whatever script will get him the most attention.

You can watch any NFL game and see D-lineman, cornerbacks, QBs, and wide receivers lobbying for flags throughout the game. To try and pretend it's somehow an issue and deserves a penalty just because Brady does it is just a way to appeal to the largest audience possible.
I agree you just posted what i've been thinking for two years, but i thought i was the only one. I use to tune in to Mort for years because he seemed to be the most knowlagable of all the analysts but stopped a couple of years ago after spy gate.

so how many of these ****s in the sports media have bashed the pats for bs reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back