PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen to address initial #DeflateGate report on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft called out Mort publically, he has to respond. He will give nothing and will try and cover his and BSPN's ass.

Remember ever time we think the truth will come out, we get BS like "Brady destroyed his phone". I bet he says something like his numbers were correct and the NFL raised the numbers in the Wells report to not make the Pats looked so bad.
^^^^^^
This

He's not going to reveal
his source but here's a question to ask him.
"Did you go back to your source
when you found out the info was false and ask him why he lied to you?
If he denies it, he's FOS.
Bingo. At one point in their careers John Dennis and Jerry Callahan were solid sports journalists and not the clowns they are now.

Let's see if the can turn back the clock and ask some good questions.

Reiss' material is filtered through the politburo in Bristol. Different voice since he sold his soul.
He's getting paid a good living, providing for his family and covering a team he loves and doing the job he was born to do.

If that is selling your soul that isn't that bad of a deal.

someone involved in the investigation

that cannot be a Patriot
probably not a Colt

A ref or a high-ranking NFL official fits that description, and as far as I know, nobody else.

I would be SHOCKED if his comments were anti-NFL in any way.
Probably will defend it by saying they were right but just had the number wrong.

I expect Mort to try to tap dance his way around the issue. The only thing interesting is watching him squirm.

Then he should have made a retraction.

He didn't because he was told not to.
If he was going to say anything meaningful, he would have said it during the investigation, after the punishment, or before the appeal.
And he wouldn't have said it on WEEI, it would have been the lead story on Sportscenter, built up for 3 days.

11 out of 12 Mortensen's agree, Mortensen Mortensen Mortensen.

People never cease to amaze me so hopefully actual integrity not feigned integrity shines through tomorrow.

I have been hitting Mort on Twitter for 2+months now on this Jesus got 11 of 12 apostles right, Mort got 11 of 12 balls wrong, WWJD? etc.. If someone puts as the 1st thing in their twitter bio they are Christian, I damn well expect them to act like it and fix their wrongs as best they can and I have no problem calling them out on their hypocrisy.

This hits him where he lives

If he was going to say anything meaningful, he would have said it during the investigation, after the punishment, or before the appeal.
And he wouldn't have said it on WEEI, it would have been the lead story on Sportscenter, built up for 3 days.
God I hope he doesn't drop a bombshell tomorrow...

I think he will. Hes being rewarded for his silence and fed some mud to sling and BS to throw.

I expect Mort to try to tap dance his way around the issue. The only thing interesting is watching him squirm.
The way this whole fiasco has gone, he'll likely drop another bombshell...that will turn out to be incorrect...and disinformation.

That would be a goddell like move for mort if he doubles down on his lies.

Via PFT,
“If that is indeed the case that one, two, three high-level individuals intentionally misled him to try to smear the Patriots, I saw more shame on those people than Mort,” Schefter said.

I agree with Schefter, that whoever supplied the false info is most at fault. Still, Mort needs to name names. His rep has been damaged and he needs to out those that damaged it. Otherwise, he remains a pawn

i am not expecting anything from Mort. He released this crap report right before the Superbowl and the Pats still won. I'll surmise it was his intentions, much like Tomase, to get the Pats distracted and loose badly to the Seahawks.

well....here we are...

The way this whole fiasco has gone, he'll likely drop another bombshell...that will turn out to be incorrect...and disinformation.
He won't be dropping any bombshells on a local radio station. Only Sal Paolantonio does that (and then backtracks)

Those are for Sportscenter, NFL Live, etc etc.

Whoever denied it supplied it, but whoever made the rhyme did the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back