PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen to address initial #DeflateGate report on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be surprised if he is going to imply that it came from the Patriots.

someone involved in the investigation

that cannot be a Patriot
probably not a Colt

A ref or a high-ranking NFL official fits that description, and as far as I know, nobody else.

I honestly don't know what the ethical responsibilities are for a journalist who has a source that lied to him, so I did a google search. The Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics says the following:

Journalists should:

– Identify sources clearly. The public is entitled to as much information as possible to judge the reliability and motivations of sources.

Consider sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Reserve anonymity for sources who may face danger, retribution or other harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere. Explain why anonymity was granted.

Take the above for what you will. I don't think he reveals his source because that would likely be a very career-damaging move.

He's not going to reveal
his source but here's a question to ask him.
"Did you go back to your source
when you found out the info was false and ask him why he lied to you?
If he denies it, he's FOS.

Mort won't give up his source. Knowing that, what Mort should have been doing the past few months is pounding the NFL for having some of its people lying to him about the balls.

Imagine how different the narrative would be today.

I really hope D&C rip into him hard and persist with the questioning of who leaked the false information. Really put the heat on him and make him so uncomfortable it's the last time he ever does an interview with anyone in Boston again.

You guys are expecting to much.

Probably.

Mort won't give up his source. Knowing that, what Mort should have been doing the past few months is pounding the NFL for having some of its people lying to him about the balls.

Imagine how different the narrative would be today.

Who's Mortensen's employer? You're assuming he would be allowed to do that, and considering the coverage since, I'm willing to be that he wasn't.

I really hope D&C rip into him hard and persist with the questioning of who leaked the false information. Really put the heat on him and make him so uncomfortable it's the last time he ever does an interview with anyone in Boston again.

There is only one way to handle that interview, and it's on the wrong morning show for it to happen.

You guys are expecting to much.
We are like Charlie Bucket in the original Willy Wonka movie.

Just let us sleep. Let us have one last dream. :D

No doubt good ole Mort will be in a room surrounded by ESPN suits telling him what to say...

No doubt good ole Mort will be in a room surrounded by ESPN suits telling him what to say...
I'm amazed they allowed it in the first place. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this interview gets cancelled within the next 11 hours or so.

Kraft called out Mort publically, he has to respond. He will give nothing and will try and cover his and BSPN's ass.

Remember ever time we think the truth will come out, we get BS like "Brady destroyed his phone". I bet he says something like his numbers were correct and the NFL raised the numbers in the Wells report to not make the Pats looked so bad.

A man who advertises himself on his Twitter feed as:

@mortreport
Christian, Husband, Father, Veteran..

should search his conscience and tell the TRUTH about the lies that sank an innocent Tom Brady.

Otherwise, the man is simply another loud fraud.

After all, what would Jesus do? At the very least publish a retraction?

What happened to Reiss?
Reiss' material is filtered through the politburo in Bristol. Still good, but a different voice since he sold his soul.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey