PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen to address initial #DeflateGate report on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This'll be a dud. I'll tune in for sure, but there is a 0.00% chance he reveals anything of value. Good of him to finally poke his head up, and as Florio and Schefter said the blame lies more on those who lied to him than on Mort. But this is his way of getting people off his back, I'm sure he's gotten constant calls to respond to the criticism so this is to get people off his back, nothing more. I don't blame him, but he's not magically going to 'out' his sources.

If his source wasn't either Kensil or Pash I'll be amazed.

Well Mort was fed by 'multiple sources', so we have a case where more than 1 person leaked false information.

I expect that he will at least admit that he was lied to and I would like to know the number of sources.

Mort may be part of a future defamation suit and will be very cautious in what he discloses.

Good move as he will be asking to sleep on your couch by this time next year
Well I would hope Ross isn't in jail with him.

A man who advertises himself on his Twitter feed as:

@mortreport
Christian, Husband, Father, Veteran..

should search his conscience and tell the TRUTH about the lies that sank an innocent Tom Brady.

Otherwise, the man is simply another loud fraud.

league sources (plural) involved and familiar with the investigation

that can only be 2 or more in a group of, what, maybe 10 people?

Kensil
Pash
Vincent
Blandino
Goodell
maybe their underlings
the refs

others?

Even though the interviews I heard with him today he sounded more pro Brady I still don't trust anything. I could see him going on there and saying he wasn't told by someone directly in nfl office. The wrong psi thing has been starting to be brought up more in last couple days.....wouldn't put it past nfl to have him "clear" them. Hope I'm wrong, I hope he's truthful.

Well I would hope Ross isn't in jail with him.
Surprise ending, we get away from the cops and make it to our destination: Jim Irsay's house.

This could be interesting if he reveals who lied to him.
That's the understatement of the year, but I just don't have any hopes for some sort of reveal. :(

IMO Mortensen has had months to fix this BS report. The fact that he hasn't makes him just as much a scumbag as the sources that fed him this information.
I give him a bit of a pass, a bit, because he works for ESPN.

Once his story is posted, it's no longer his, it belongs to ESPN, and they do with it what they want. Once the actual ball PSIs were posted, that Mortensen report was edited, and then eventually just vanished from the website.

ESPN has routinely run "corrections" on their air, or on the website, and haven't always been corrected by the person who printed/said whatever it was in the first place.

In other words, ESPN has tried to cover this up once it was obvious they were wrong, and it's entirely possible ESPN told Mortensen to keep his mouth shut. After all, it was MONTHS before he was on the air again (just a couple of weeks ago, I think, he was pretty much invisible around draft time).

So, two things could have happened. ESPN allowed Mortensen to answer for the "11 of 12" article, or Mortensen's doing it on his own.

ESPN:Rumor:Tom Brady leaked false PSI to Chris Mortenson

Unbelievable that Brady would do that! GUILTY!

I consider Gardi a very real possibility. My wild-card is that when Mort said "league source" he meant someone associated with the league, but not necessarily the league office. In other words, it could have been a Colts person.

Come on. Do you really think that Mortensen is going to tell the truth and belie his source?
This is a lame attempt for him to come up with a way to protect the source.
Prediction is that he will say he cannot divulge the source but it wasn't a high ranking league official.
In fact, I would not be surprised if he is going to imply that it came from the Patriots.

Mortensen is in the NFLs pocket.
Kraft ripped the NFL yesterday, so Mortensen is going on the air in Boston to protect his buddies in NY.

Now we know why he destroyed his phone. Wait, wtf?

Theres no fear of litigation here right?

Thats a shame. Brand damage or something...

He texted it Mort, but now the phone is destroyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes