PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen to address initial #DeflateGate report on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh if youre expecting anything more than dancing around the error youll be disappointed. I have a feeling he'll actually try and give himself credit for the balls being underinflated somewhat but not to the level stated. Integrity has no say when it comes to people like this.

Well i guess even that was expecting too much

ESPN has put him back in the witness protection program. Few in the national media seem to care.

I hate to be a wet blanket here, but using "pounds" instead of "psi" is way too common to take this as proof that it was Kensil.

How about saying they "weighed the balls"?

Call me Charlie.
No, seriously. I don't know what you would have been expecting if you're feeling like Lucy pulling the football away?

I mean, this is a confirmed source letting Dennis go on the record with this stuff. This isn't just baseless speculation anymore.

The fact that we connected the dots months ago doesn't make it any less significant.

Someone change this thread title. It should read Mortensen was to address initial #Deflategate report on WEEI, but instead chose to run and hide like a little B*tch.

Someone change this thread title. It should read Mortensen was to address initial #Deflategate report on WEEI, but instead chose to run and hide like a little B*tch.

...and then try to blame the Kraft and the Patriots. Very honorable of the "Christian" man.

According to Mort, he is a "Christian, Husband, Father, Veteran..."

What we DO know, as a fact now, is that he is a human being who is comfortable consciously allowing an innocent person to be punished because of his own acknowledged misreporting.

This "Christian, Husband, Father, Veteran" as he advertises himself at the top of his Twitter page says that he will not correct his misinformation or mention the source of it until AFTER Tom Brady is judged based on the incorrect information.

Only AFTER Brady is judged by the wrong information will he deign to talk about it.

Twisted.

Soooo surprised he didn't show.....

I haven't watched espn forever but out of curiosity turned on nfl insiders for a few minutes and it was almost like Mort tried to get a little something good in about Brady, saying how he read everything and how Brady has good case....but that was it, none of the others commented on it just switched subject. Do you think Mort is feeling bad but being told to keep his mouth shut or just that he's simply feeling the heat?

I haven't watched espn forever but out of curiosity turned on nfl insiders for a few minutes and it was almost like Mort tried to get a little something good in about Brady, saying how he read everything and how Brady has good case....but that was it, none of the others commented on it just switched subject. Do you think Mort is feeling bad but being told to keep his mouth shut or just that he's simply feeling the heat?

Probably a bit of both. When he first reported the 11/12 story, he probably felt like he was blowing a story wide open with a huge scoop for a reliable in-the-know neutral source who had been there personally to observe the measurement of the balls. A huge win for investigative journalism: uncover the scandal with a great scoop! But his seemingly credible source high up in the NFL duped him with dramatically wrong information thus hurting his credibility as a journalist, the commissioner's office and its legal counsel and investigative staff chose not to either feed him better numbers in private or publicly correct him early on so that he could make a correction as basically a footnote instead of having the story blow up in his face months later, the Patriots organization has turned his reporting into the centerpiece of their complaint about league misinformation and thus driven it into media spotlight, New England and some national media have been repeatedly and persistently challenging his integrity for months for not retracting the story and outing his sources, he probably feels pressured by ESPN not to publicly call out an NFL VP of gameday operations for lying to him after seeing what happened to guys like Bill Simmons and Keith Olbermann, and if he actually does call out the NFL then he might be threatening his own livelihood and none of those members of the media and fans who are questioning his credibility and publicly embarrassing are going to offer him a safety net. I bet he wishes he could show integrity as a national journalist and retract the story, and at the same time I bet he wishes the story would go away and people would stop caring so he wouldn't have to retract the story.

Mort is the stooge here. He was played, and he knows it - but he probably gets paid a lot of money and he'll never get that anywhere if he "comes clean."

What we are seeing is corporate power (read: money) at work. The NFL is ESPN's lifeblood. They cannot charge the cable companies the money they do (it's outrageous) without the NFL. And the Pats are the perfect foil: Everyone hates us. Keep spinning the lie is the directive ESPN dutifully carried out. People are predisposed to believe anything negative about our team. The NFL calculated, correctly as it turns out, that public opinion and even other teams would buy their story.

And it worked. Those standing up for NE are a distinct minority. Once that story broke the night of the AFCCG we arrived at the inevitable conclusion with the fine, loss of draft picks and the destruction of a great QBs reputation. As others have observed, "they" probably wanted BB but failing that got the next best thing: Brady. It has not only worked, it has worked perfectly. Arguably the best franchise in sports history, with the historically best coach and an all time great QB will be forever dogged by the cheater label. Maybe that wasn't the goal, but that is the result. Roger repairs his reputation, the NFL has its villain, all is right in the NFL HQ world.

Which brings us back to Mort. He probably is conflicted. But at the end of the day, it's money that talks and walks the dog. Unless and until someone breaks ranks ... let's just say, if history is kind, it will vindicate the franchise.

In honor of the late great Hot Rod I want to see someone lay a nice coconut to the head of Goodell, Kensil, and Mort. I'm sure Gronk could spike one of those things pretty hard into their heads.

giphy.gif

In honor of the late great Hot Rod I want to see someone lay a nice coconut to the head of Goodell, Kensil, and Mort. I'm sure Gronk could spike one of those things pretty hard into their heads.

giphy.gif
In my top 5 heels of all time right there with the macho man, ric flair, mr perfect and ravishing rick rude. RIP Hot Rod

If kensil is Mort's source then he should just say it. It's not like he would lose sources in the future because most sources don't set up sting operations. I mean this has become one of the biggest sports stories concerning the greatest QB ever. Mort could get a multiple million dollar book deal if he revealed that kensil orchestrated this entire thing. Now that it has been reported the media needs to jump all over this. Has kensil been asked if it was him? Has Goodell been informed and questioned what he thinks about this report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes