PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true I hope they cut him. I don't want him near the Patriots ever again. Pathetic. He can go back to San Diego and hang out with Merriman.

we should all look at it this way, he made a mistake just like everyother human being on this planet, he deserves his four game suspension but should be welcomed back to the team with open arms his been a great teammate in the locker room and a great player on the feild. Whats done is done look at it this way atleast we get him back after four games which is a hell of alot better then placing him on IR.
I sure am dissapointed in Rodney but he did do the right thing in telling the truth. I will just hate to hear things about it tainting the Pats championships and what not. The reaction of others is really what will kill me.

Rodney will deserve what he has coming to him and I'm sure he knows it and is ready for it. But I hope that the Pats organization isn't mentioned in this though I bet it will.

Rodney's holding a conference call at 9:30, according to Reiss.

I guess that will be the official word and apology.

On a football business side of things, how does his roster spot count toward the total number of players we have to cut now?

Well, I am going to ask you ONE question. Has Chris Mortenson ever been wrong? The answer is YES.

I am not asking you to hold Pats players to a lesser standard. I am saying you are making yourself look pretty damn foolish by damning Rodney before you have the entire story.

Exactly...I am witholding judgment until it is confirmed by the NFL. If true I will be one very disappointed chica.

On a football business side of things, how does his roster spot count toward the total number of players we have to cut now?

No, he won't count towards the roster while suspended. He will be on a reserve list.

However, he also can't be at the facilities or around the team. He basically has to stay away completely until week 5. My guess is he will go home to Atlanta.

If this is true I hope they cut him. I don't want him near the Patriots ever again. Pathetic. He can go back to San Diego and hang out with Merriman.

Keep the faith. :rolleyes:

Rodney has never done anything to make Pats fans ashamed. And remember we're all human and he might have been trying something because he just wanted to be there for his teammates.

Let's see how Rodney and the org handles this before jumping to hysteria. Yah, I'm bummed that it happened and that he's out for 4 games but nobody's harmed here. I'll be off the net for a week with sporadic access.

Release his ass NOW for disgracing the organization.

Did he lie? Nope.
Did he kill someone? Nope.
Did he drink and drive? Nope.

The thing disgraceful is over-reactions by people like yourself.

All you know is that Rodney PURCHASED HGH. Read that again. He PURCHASED HGH. It does NOT say that he USED HGH. It said HE PURCHASED.

Just because someone purchases something, doesn't mean they were using it. As others have mentioned, HGH like steroids, is prescribed regularly by doctors. Until recently HGH was NOT considered a banned substance by the NFL.

Also, there is no time frame set in the article as to when this purchase happened and whether it happened at the behest of his doctor. If it happened while he was still in San Diego, then its BS that he's being punished now. If it happened 6 months ago, then he should only be punished if he actually USED it. However, if it was at the instructions of a doctor, he should be suspended for it.

You guys are all jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. Maybe they weren't for Rodney at all but rather growth hormones used in something like, say a dog fighting operation. ;)

I hope that he appeals it so he can at least play during the brutal stretch to start the season. Merriman appealed his suspension until a certain part of the season. I know theres no real easy stretch of games but those first ones are important.

According to PFT and Breer, this was a federal investigation into a HGH distribution ring. Rodney actually admitted to using HGH, as there's no testing method available yet. He had a conference with Goodell today and they came to this decision.

Its interesting that Breer says that he admitted to using and the other report doesn't mention him admitting to that.

I'll wait until there are more facts out.

I'm not going to crucify the guy for one mistake. He has done everything right since he became a Patriot, so he deserves a mulligan on this one.

It only proves he is human. He will have to pay the price (he loses $500K in salary while suspended as well) and move on. Personally, I welcome him back with open arms.

Sorry, looked like someone had beat me to it a page ago...see what happens...

Last edited:
I wanna hear the call. Should clear up things at least.

That PC is in 10 minutes so we'll know more then. I don't know if it's illegal to buy HGH but it may be against the NFL Drug policy to buy it.

Did he lie? Nope.
Did he kill someone? Nope.
Did he drink and drive? Nope.

The thing disgraceful is over-reactions by people like yourself.

All you know is that Rodney PURCHASED HGH. Read that again. He PURCHASED HGH. It does NOT say that he USED HGH. It said HE PURCHASED.

Just because someone purchases something, doesn't mean they were using it. As others have mentioned, HGH like steroids, is prescribed regularly by doctors. Until recently HGH was NOT considered a banned substance by the NFL.

Also, there is no time frame set in the article as to when this purchase happened and whether it happened at the behest of his doctor. If it happened while he was still in San Diego, then its BS that he's being punished now. If it happened 6 months ago, then he should only be punished if he actually USED it. However, if it was at the instructions of a doctor, he should be suspended for it.

**** off. What, you think he bought it to use as a paper weight? Naive much?

Well, you are entitled to your opinion. As for me, I can think of no one else I'd prefer to share a foxhole with.

Just one less to cut.

It is illegal to obtain HGH without a doctors prescription. If it is prescribed by a doctor as a treatment, that is different, but you can't just buy the stuff.

Then things have changed because I know that you could just purchase it direct from the manufacturer 3 years ago. And there was a manufacturer in AZ selling it online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes