PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that there is no test (of which I am aware) for HGH. Also, while it's possible he could have been buying it for someone else, I find it highly unlikely. That doesn't pass the laugh test. If he was dumb enough to buy it (everyone knows the stuff is illegal), he deserves a suspension.

Yeah he was buying it for Peyton Manning and Dwight Freeney.

Don't assume that he cheated. He only cheated if he actually took the stuff. Also, if he took he 3-4 years ago, he definitely shouldn't be suspended NOW for it.

Well, Goodell's lost his mind with this new "policy", so nothing will surprise me at this point. I'm just hoping that the NFLPA reins in this nonsense with the next CBA. Unfortunately, I expect them to completely cave.

Why not wait until you actually find out what's going on before jumping on the Ron Mexico indignation train?

The NFL doesn't suspend players (and announce the suspension) unless they're absolutely sure about it. I'm sure they've already had their own investigation about it. Just because he plays for my favorite team doesn't mean I'm going to hold him to a lower standard. We always laugh at fans of toher teams whose players get suspended and all they do is make excuses about it.

I wonder if this had anything to do with the Pats giving Samuel the franchise prohibition if he meets certain incentives. Maybe they decided they needed Samuel back after hearing about Rodney.

I'm really sad about this...

Like, more than anything I'm actually hurt. He's been my favorite athlete, hands down, for years now. I guess he feels like his body's getting old.

This is a jerky thing to do, to put the team in this position, but he's got my moral support. I still love you, Rodney.

The NFL doesn't suspend players (and announce the suspension) unless they're absolutely sure about it. I'm sure they've already had their own investigation about it. Just because he plays for my favorite team doesn't mean I'm going to hold him to a lower standard. We always laugh at fans of toher teams whose players get suspended and all they do is make excuses about it.

And you're probably right, because Mort's usually very good with his reporting. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't find out first.

I wonder how he got caught. They don't test for HGH.

He must have been tied to one of the online sites they busted for selling the stuff. There must be other players involved as well.

Yeah...ever heard of David Boston? He was getting HUGE on the stuff...among other things. I remember the NFL tested him more than any other player for a long time, and he was passing almost all of the tests...when he played for the Bolts and the Cards.

Actually, HGH isn't bad for you. Doctors prescribe it:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hgh&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/growth-hormone/HA00030

Last edited:
Just depressing...since there are no tests involved, it has to be another thing...I wonder what OTHER players were involved??

I'm not sure if this is recent usage.

ESPN says, "The admission by Harrison has never been made public but his name was among those known to federal and New York state investigators that conducted a two-year investigation into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers such as HGH."

Its a done deal-so know we use Wilson/Sanders/Merriweather-we should be fine. This is a buzzkill for this season but we can't forget the new offense! Once the Offense gets in rhythm Brady is going to slice and dice opponents!

I'm not mad at Rodney-it was probably a rat anyway-Pats are under the microscope...

This will give him more time to get even stronger and come back and punish these fools!

I'll always apperciate what Rodney did for this team, but to be honest, I just assume move forward without him. anything we accomplish from this point on with him on the team is going to be tainted. We'll be lucky enough if we can maintain the sanctity of the 3 super bowls we have after this. I say it's time to see what sanders and meriweather can do.

thanks rodney.

Harrison stays. It is a long season. And Rodney, with his age and injury history plus the way he plays, has a shelf-life of only 8-12 games anyway.

According to this report, Rodney told the commissioner the truth. He admitted purchasing HGH. That is more than any other baseball or football player has done that I have ever heard of. My only thought is: I hope Rodney keeps himself in shape for week 5, and busts some mofos up when he gets back. Take your medicine and wreak vengeance when you return, #37. Rodney hasn't even played football for 2 years and was probably trying to heal his broken body. I just turned 34 and after a deadlift workout my joint and bones crack and ache and I feel like an old man. God knows how Rodney has felt these last few years recovering from injury after injury. Some fickle fans will turn on him, but I hope hard core Pats fans give him the opportunity for redemption.

Really bad news. Damn.

Really kills all the 'start of the new season' good vibes...And one of my favorite Patriot players too. So disappointing.

I wonder if there are going to a lot of names coming out of this investigation.

I am going to be upset, VERY upset if he gets the black ball treatment while Merriman gets carte blanche as an up-and-coming superstar in the league. Everybody was very quick to forget about his use of steroids, but I have a feeling this is going to hang around Rodney's neck for a while.

This really, REALLY sucks on multiple levels. His presence in the locker room is a major reason why we've been so successful the past few years. You have to think that presence is going to diminish and change. He realistically only had a year or two left anyway, and I anticipate a fresh and healthy Rodney back by midseason, but this isn't good for morale.

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Rodney...This one stings man.

I'm disappointed, but after he serves his 4 games I want him back. He'll serve his suspension like any other player and come back. He is no different than Shawn Merriman.

It gives the Pats haters fresh fodder though.

According to this report, Rodney told the commissioner the truth. He admitted purchasing HGH. That is more than any other baseball or football player has done that I have ever heard of. My only thought is: I hope Rodney keeps himself in shape for week 5, and busts some mofos up when he gets back. Take your medicine and wreak vengeance when you return, #37. Rodney hasn't even played football for 2 years and was probably trying to heal his broken body. I just turned 34 and after a deadlift workout my joint and bones crack and ache and I feel like an old man. God knows how Rodney has felt these last few years recovering from injury after injury. Some fickle fans will turn on him, but I hope hard core Pats fans give him the opportunity for redemption.

Anyone who understands how HGH works should, as I was noting earlier, wait to hear the story. Tim Couch was taking it to help during his rehab, too.

I would very much have liked to have Rodney against the F-ing Chargers. Thanks a lot, you F-ing IDIOT.

Yeah, I suppose you're perfect...time to move on (not just you, but everyone who is freaking out).

I would very much have liked to have Rodney against the F-ing Chargers. Thanks a lot, you F-ing IDIOT.

If he could I'm sure Rodney would like to send a very special F-U to you too. Grow up, half the league is on something, and most of them likely are on HGH because it can't be tested for in the NFL because it requires a blood test, which unions won't allow randomly, and it doesn't show on a urine test.

Some players have routinely abused anabolic steroids and HGH for years, to get bigger, stronger, faster not to mention just to make it into the league. Others have resorted to them to help them rebound from injuries. I would like to think that in Rodney's case it was the latter. Illegal but understandable, and given what he's done for this team IMHO ultimately forgivable. And that's not even knowing he actually used them, because all they can have on him at this juncture is possibly acquiring them.

With fans like you...eh, nevermind.

Eh, big whoop. It's pretty much a given that almost everyone in the NFL is using some sort of PED in the offseason. Not many sane people would deny that. As it states in the report, Rodney wasn't caught by a test, he was outted and admitted to it. Just goes to show you that NFL drug policy is designed so poorly that players can routinely beat the system.

It stinks for us Pats' fans, but if you violate the terms of your contract, there is a price to be paid. Just gotta deal with it.

Yeah, I suppose you're perfect... time to move on (not just you, but everyone who is freaking out

Come on, the news JUST came out. People are going to be upset, I don't see why that's wrong. I think the majority feeling is that of disappointment more than anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back