PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would very much have liked to have Rodney against the F-ing Chargers. Thanks a lot, you F-ing IDIOT.

Well, it isn't like the Pats have ran away from this stuff. They signed Sauerbrun even after that whole "TopCat" scandal.

They signed Morris despite a 4-game suspension a few years ago for substance abuse.

And then there was Cloud's 4-game suspension in 2003...

Don't get me wrong - I don't want him kicked off the team. However, I can't try to justify his use because he was injured. He'll pay his penalty - as well he should - and hopefully be back after the fourth game. He made a dumb mistake. There's no getting around that. (assuming this is true).

Don't get me wrong - I don't want him kicked off the team. However, I can't try to justify his use because he was injured. He'll pay his penalty - as well he should - and hopefully be back after the fourth game. He made a dumb mistake. There's no getting around that. (assuming this is true).

You gotta wonder if this is the first time he has used that stuff, or if he has before and never got caught.

I feel that we owe it to Rodney to hear his side of this story considering all that he's given us. However, this is bad and I'm not sure what he could say. I recall a WEEI interview in which Rodney said that he checks with the league office about every product that he takes into his body. Hard to believe that he's a cheater and a liar.

This could severely hurt his HOF chances.

I wonder if this was related to the pay cut.

I like Rodney but I am just so dissapointed about this. I hope that he will come out and apologize for what he did once he can..

Last edited:
I feel that we owe it to Rodney to hear his side of this story considering all that he's given us. However, this is bad and I'm not sure what he could say. I recall a WEEI interview in which Rodney said that he checks with the league office about every product that he takes into his body. Hard to believe that he's a cheater and a liar.

It is hard to believe. That's why everything I say in this thread is subject to the proviso - "if this is true." However, if he is in fact suspended and he does not appeal, I will assume it's true. I doubt any player will ever admit to doing steroids.

WTF?

I thought this was some sort of joke, no wonder he hasn't been practicing lately, the Pats knew this was coming.

If this is true could it be the reason hes been running around like a 25-year old in the pre-season games ?

I always defend Rodney but I really can't this time. He cheated and comprimised the integrity of the game. He should feel humiliated and I don't think I will ever really think of him as the same guy again.

Last edited:
Its interesting that suddenly we're right back to last year's secondary for at least the first four games (pending team punishment or other actions.) We're not sure yet what Meriweather can provide and Wilson'sstatus is unknown. Even when Harrison comes back, which Harrison will we be getting?

I always defend Rodney but I really can't this time. He cheated and comprimised the integrity of the game. He should feel humiliated and I don't think I will ever really think of him as the same guy again.

Gotta agree with ya there...so Sanders and Meriweather week 1? not sure I like that.

Why not wait until you actually find out what's going on before jumping on the Ron Mexico indignation train?

Oh well whats done is done time to move on, looks like it's James Sanders at SS and Meriweather at FS. I could live with that...

If he gets suspended for just having BOUGHT it, then that's BS. Its not illegal to procure HGH. However, if he knowingly TOOK IT, then the suspension is deserved.

Personally, the league is being foolish if it doesn't differentiate between the two.

The problem is that there is no test (of which I am aware) for HGH. Also, while it's possible he could have been buying it for someone else, I find it highly unlikely. That doesn't pass the laugh test. If he was dumb enough to buy it (everyone knows the stuff is illegal), he deserves a suspension.

I'm not defending him either, but let's not say he cheated until you know he took it.

One question though...all the stories seem kind of vague, "admitted to federal prosecutors that he obtained HGH." It doesn't say when he obtained it. He very well could have obtained it earlier in his career. Again, I'm not trying to defend him, as I am very pissed about this, but I am withholding judgment until I know exactly what happened.

Don't assume that he cheated. He only cheated if he actually took the stuff. Also, if he took he 3-4 years ago, he definitely shouldn't be suspended NOW for it.

Wow, this is a huge loss...I'm speechless. It is interesting that in the article, it mentions that Rodney ADMITTED that he obtained this stuff.

Do we know what the NFL drug policy is on this substance? Would Rodney have known this was a banned substance? Are NFL players randomly tested?

This doesn't make sense...

According to Mortensen, he admitted to federal investigators he purchased and took the stuff, as part of an investigation. He met with the commissioner and admitted it.

If what Mort says is true, especially about meeting with the commissioner, then there is no doubt.

I'll always appreciate what Rodney did for this team, but to be honest, I just assume move forward without him. anything we accomplish from this point on with him on the team is going to be tainted. We'll be lucky enough if we can maintain the sanctity of the 3 super bowls we have after this. I say it's time to see what Sanders and Meriweather can do.

Thanks Rodney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye