Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mortensen- Optimistic

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATSNUTme, Mar 3, 2006.

1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Today on Mike & Mike ESPN, Chris Mortenson says that after making calls talking to various people he is optimistic that a deal will be done on the CBA. Mortensen does seem to be more on teh Players Union side than the owners.

As a side note, we Patriots fans should feel lucky that Bob Kraft owns the team, no matter how this ends up.

Could you see us now if Billy Sulllivan or Victor Kiam still owned the team?
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  2. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the info but I heard alot of this last week and nothing got done. I'll be happy when the deal is actually signed, sealed and delivered.
  3. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Not going to get too excited, like earlier in the week, when I thought it was a slam dunk...
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I didn't exactly start drooling either. When you get two different sides together in a room, anything can happen.

But, it's good to hear some brighter opinion right now.
  5. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

There's been optimism at various times..but optimism a week ago and now when the league is hanging over a cliff is another story. All drama then..but this is the reakl deal. I think both sides know its for real and know the consequences of what will happen for the NFL if the CBA does NOT get done.
    Both Tags and Upshaw would go down as buffoons if they didn't pull the goose out of the fire..I think they both know that...do NOT want that. It's looking more like that 58% would be acceptable to both sides. PFTalk.com
    seems to think the numbers work and it will happen. I hope so..the chaos of what the NFL could become will drive others to baseball even...NO not that!!
  6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +718 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

I'd try croquet or badminton first ... even curling or lawn darts.
  7. jeffd

jeffd Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actions speak louder than words. Last week we heard good things.... but now they have acted by extending the deadline. As businessmen you don't delay just because. If there was no reason to believe that a deal would get done they would not have extended the deadline.