PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: "high picks" and 1-2 game suspension possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Decision is imminent and he is hearing high first day and multiple picks and also a 1-2 game suspension for BB since the commish has been on record saying he will hold people in higher authority responsible.

Re: Mort says

What exactly does imminent mean?

Decision is imminent and he is hearing high first day and multiple picks and also a 1-2 game suspension for BB since the commish has been on record saying he will hold people in higher authority responsible.

I think we can handle Buffalo without BB at the helm, if necesssary.

Right now or tomorrow. Anytime is basically what he meant.

What he actually said is worse than this: He will hold people in authority to a higher standard than the players.

What exactly does imminent mean?

This discussion will be over by tomorrow, unless Belichick appeals it...I don't think it should be a suspension, but this is gaining steam...I say fine and draft picks and move on...

I wonder what Kraft is thinking. Does he try to save face and suspend BB additional games?

I hope not, but Kraft values his perception in the league

How could this possibly gain any more steam... :(

F*cking depressing is what this is.

F*cking depressing is what this is.

Ding, ding, ding..
ugh.. this is not much fun.
I am considering not watching any NFL games (other than the pats) the rest of the reason.

If these rumors are true, I hope we as fans don't try to blame everyone else but the person who's truly responsible for this.

Again, this is absurd!!!!

Goodell can't seriously believe that we are the only team doing this, can he? My guess is that Polian and the crew is pushing him along to do this.

"C'mon commish, you can do this. Throw the book at 'em, don't be afraid."

What is Goodell's physical stature? He is becomeing Napoleonic, Bush-esque.

more iam reading and listening..i get the feeling a suspension is going to happen.
Which kinda sucks . And iam quite sure its a big blow to our chances in the games we play-it would be naive to think otherwise.

I am encouraged that we aren't consistently hearing "1st round". Combining the reports, Ch. 5 saying possibily 1st round but no mention of suspension I'm guessing that the Patriots have the choice to "buy down" the draft pick loss by taking a suspension. No suspension = 1st and 3rd. 2 game suspension = 2nd and 3rd or whatever. Just a gut feeling.

more iam reading and listening..i get the feeling a suspension is going to happen.
Which kinda sucks . And iam quite sure its a big blow to our chances in the games we play-it would be naive to think otherwise.

I did think the earlier optimism was wishful thinking as well.

What a mess.

I am encouraged that we aren't consistently hearing "1st round". Combining the reports, Ch. 5 saying possibily 1st round but no mention of suspension I'm guessing that the Patriots have the choice to "buy down" the draft pick loss by taking a suspension. No suspension = 1st and 3rd. 2 game suspension = 2nd and 3rd or whatever. Just a gut feeling.

If that's the case, take the suspension. The team won't need Belichick for the next 2 games after this one, Pees/Scharneccia/McDaniels will be able to handle themselves just fine.

At this point, it seems, that a suspension is going to happen

LOL... I heard somewhere that it would be stupid to suspend BB cause then he can be the one video taping the game hahahaa

What he actually said is worse than this: He will hold people in authority to a higher standard than the players.

The commish is becoming the saddam hussein of professional sports....all heads will roll......he is a little caught up and obsessed with power......

Who is the assistant head coach? Who assumes head coaching duties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back