PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Ballard in danger of not making the 53

Ballard's been able to practice but, from the way the reports sound, his knee doesn't look like it's fully healed. If anything, I would expect them to use the in-season IR on Ballard before simply cutting him. When he's healthy, he's a huge target that could do wonders for the offense in the red zone.

If your info is correct he'll definitely be sent packing...what happens when he get a wack on that knee. Well over a year and a half removed and still hobbled? Ballard's NFL career might be hanging by a thread a Big Guy like that Need his knees. Well that healthy "Soft Hands" Fells ;) might not be bad the second time around.:D

Daniel Fells appears to be the No. 1 guy right now, with Michael Hoomanawanui taking on more of an H-back role (expect him to battle with fullback James Develin for a roster spot). Jake Ballard was great for the Giants in 2011 with 604 receiving yards and four touchdowns, but we’re concerned about his mobility and pain threshold, even 18 months after ACL and microfracture surgery. Ballard doesn’t have any guaranteed money on his contract, either, so the Patriots could cut him with no salary-cap penalty.

Patriots training camp observations after one week - Sports - The Boston Globe

Yeah that is it! Keep on with your Jabbar Gaffney had his best years as a Pat. Its who you are.:rolleyes:

high-jump-fail.gif

Dude where did you find that its funny as hell.:D

I use either Google or Threadbombing for my .GIF's. It's the one that best represented Bruins29's ability to sensibly debate a particular subject. Well, either that or this...

104443d1367645112t-fun-recipe-images-white_flag.gif

I use either Google or Threadbombing for my .GIF's. It's the one that best represented Bruins29's ability to sensibly debate a particular subject. Well, either that or this...

104443d1367645112t-fun-recipe-images-white_flag.gif

I am surrendering because you cant comprehend what I wrote in a post about Gronk and PUP? It is my fault you cant read.

That is right you cant read. Its been proven.

First and foremost, it's hilarious to me that the guy questioning my reading comprehension level makes several grammatical errors in the very same post.

I am surrendering because you cant comprehend what I wrote in a post about Gronk and PUP? It is my fault you cant read.

That is right you cant read. Its been proven.

I can read just fine. I quoted your original OP in response to what you wrote. Notice that you're the one that took this to a personal level when I pointed this out...

Like I said, you originally hinted at it in the first post I quoted, then qualified your line of reasoning in the second post. As for your last two sentences, I disagree. Teams that don't make the playoffs go almost nine months without practicing and the majority of their rosters don't go on IR because of it.

I'm guessing that's likely because you didn't have a logical response to it (that's usually why a debate goes to a personal level, which is an indication that the person leveling the personal barbs knows that they're making a losing argument). You then took it to the bizarre by conjuring up some irrelevant crap about Jabar Gaffney from a previous thread. Since I don't recall exactly what you're talking about, I'm guessing that you hold a grudge from some petty debate you and I had about it. Probably one where you exercised the same sad tactics that you did in this thread. Either way, that failure of logic and reasoning is one you, not me. Now I believe we're done here. Take it easy, bud.

I've already penciled in Zach Sudfield as the next Kellen Winslow Senior thanks to short exposure. Is that how it's done?

For the record, that would be awesome. Imagine if the Patriots hit on Sudfield and Thompkins! I'd want BB to package all of his 2014 picks for the #1, draft Clowney and sign UDFAs.

What... the... ****!

It's interesting to hear that Fells is the #1 right now when just about no writer is giving that any attention. I guess it isn't a sexy story line :/

It's interesting to hear that Fells is the #1 right now when just about no writer is giving that any attention. I guess it isn't a sexy story line :/

If Fells murders multiple associates of his, it'll probably become a sexier story line.

There are so many storylines going on right now, a non-flashy guy like Fells is probably not going to attract much attention. Everyone is focusing on WR, secondary, Collins, and a few others. The Herald did their superlatives for training camp thus far and they said Wilfork has been the best player in camp and yet no one is talking about him either.

My biggest nightmare is that we cut a TE who goes on to the Ravens and fills in well enough for Pitta that the Ravens...

I heard they're petitioning Bristol county for another bail hearing on #81-187 behalf, Ray Lewis in court today to speak on the matter...

ray-lewis-past-haunts-present.png

Gronkowksi, Ballard, Fells, Sudfeld is not an unreasonable roster.

It is also not unreasonable to think that we need a fullback or h-back. Hooman fills that role and will probably make the team BECAUSE he can play fullback. It it not ignorant to consider Develin a competitor for that roster spot. The alternative is to consider Hooman a lock.

I'm no fan of Hoo-Man, but Volin writing that he is battling Develin for a roster spot is just ignorant.
Develin is battling nobody for a roster spot, because he has less than zero chance of making the roster.
At least, that's what his odds should be, because his talent screams Tackling Dummy.

It is also not unreasonable to think that we need a fullback or h-back. Hooman fills that role and will probably make the team BECAUSE he can play fullback. It it not ignorant to consider Develin a competitor for that roster spot. The alternative is to consider Hooman a lock.

So you are saying the Patriots would carry Five TE's with Hooman's versatility as a HB? I don't think so, Hooman probably make a Ballard or Fells dispensable. I wouldn't carry a extra TE over a say a WR or DB who gives us versatility in the return game. I am hoping Ballard shows something in these Preseason games to make it a very tough decision on our Staff.

I am expecting us to carry 4 TE's with Gronkowksi on the PUP list.

It is certainly possible that Ballard will be waived or put on IR yet again.

At this point, Fells is our best tight end, a sad state of affairs. I would not cut him.

So you are saying the Patriots would carry Five TE's with Hooman's versatility as a HB? I don't think so, Hooman probably make a Ballard or Fells dispensable. I wouldn't carry a extra TE over a say a WR or DB who gives us versatility in the return game. I am hoping Ballard shows something in these Preseason games to make it a very tough decision on our Staff.

If Develin makes the 53, then Bill did not do enough to build his team.

<florio> The Patriots are being heartless and cheating again if they cut Ballard. </florio>

If Develin makes the 53, then Bill did not do enough to build his team.

Was he suppose to anticipate the Hernandez murder charges? If Hernandez was at camp the only talking point at TE/FB would be when does Gronk return.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back