PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Are you kidding me, sir?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an incredible exaggeration. You're using ONE GAME to reach that conclusion?

You guys have to get over your Manning issues.

We have multiple games showing us that Manning wilts under pass-rush pressure and can't handle Foxboro in January.

As for his WRs, yes we only have one game to judge because it's the first time he has dealt with injuries to his WRs (though he still has Wayne and Addai to throw to so I can't feel too bad for him). And he failed horribly.

Last edited:
You need to stop making excuses for him.

As a noted Colts homer. If he would have had all his weapons or at least most of the skilled guys, and still had a game like he did last night, I would like to think that the media would have ripped into him. I know that we would have.

While the manlove does seem a little to much, even for us homers. He is not getting off that easy from the fans. (Forget Crazy Kravitz) or any forum. I am talking about the fans at work talking around the water cooler. That was a game that should have been won by the Colts, regardless of who was out.

I like guys like Stephen A. and Steve Young, they tell it like it is and give an honest assessment. The other guys worry to much about ratings. Young will give credit if it due, but I agree, there should not be any credit given to anyone last night. Last nights game looked like an XFL game talent wise and coaching. It was an embarrassment. And the Chargers, they should be ashamed to be in the NFL. There was no excuse for that game to be that close. As far as Peyton fighting through adversity, my god, they play football for a living. What else is he or anyone else suppose to do.

I chalk it to playing like crap, making terrible decisions for whatever reasons. On a positive note, our defense continues to impress me.

I would like to see a Colts - Pats rematch, but you never know what will happen. Remember the Pats in 2001 - so there could be a 10-6 team lurking to make a run, you never know.

No doubt, it was an awful performance, for the most part (particularly the 1st half).

I think what they're referring to is that there are very few QB's who are able to shake off 5 INT's to put together scoring drives & actually put their team in a position to win, on the road, in bad conditions. Brady could; Peyton did. Maybe there are a few others around, but that's a mentally tough thing for a QB to do.

I know it's the m.o. here to not credit anything Manning, but as an outsider, I know what they're talking about.

The field is limited to quarterbacks who were still in the game after five pics.

Too small a sample statistically.:bricks:

The Emperor has no clothes.....:eek:

I think what they're referring to is that there are very few QB's who are able to shake off 5 INT's to put together scoring drives & actually put their team in a position to win, on the road, in bad conditions. Brady could; Peyton did. Maybe there are a few others around, but that's a mentally tough thing for a QB to do.

I know it's the m.o. here to not credit anything Manning, but as an outsider, I know what they're talking about.

That's not fair, plenty of people give Manning his due. Sure, fans like to get on him, but that's because of the Colts-Pats rivalry and Brady-Manning rivalry, and I think most Pat fans recognize he is one of the all time greats. Colt fans tweak Brady too, it's just part of being a rival fan.

Anyway I have no problem giving Manning credit, he had a much better second half and he did a good job getting his team in a position to win, and Adam messed up in the end.

But all the love, the "heroic" stuff, I'm sorry but that's more than a little over the top. I definitely don't think he should get killed for his performance, all QBs, even the all time greats, have a bad game here and there. But to go in the extreme opposite direction and make it sound like Manning was the hero when the Colts lost? They're the SB champs, and this is the second moral victory in a row for them? I don't get that analysis.

I heard on the radio today a host say that Manning impressed him more in this game than he has at any other point in the season...Whaaa????

Edit:

On a positive note, our defense continues to impress me.

Yes, absolutely. I've heard barely anything about the Colts D today, but they are really playing at a phenomenal level right now. If we're looking for reasons why the Colts were still in the game yesterday, the D is a big reason why.

Last edited:
No doubt, it was an awful performance, for the most part (particularly the 1st half).

This is the point though.
He did NOT LEAD THEM ON SCORING DRIVES.
They scored one offensive TD.
The defense scored the other, the get them back in the game, and Manning couldnt find 2 more points to tie it in between his Ints.

If they were down 23-0, and Manning led them on 4 TD drives, but the Chargers kicked 2 FGs and won, thats a different story than him getting them ONE TD, the D getting another, and Manning being unable to get any more points on the board.

He was the reason they lost, from the first quarter all the way through the last play.

He looked alot like Brady last November.

Pay-me-a-ton threw six picks and guided his team to ONLY two scoring drives all night. He did that despite almost 40 minutes of ineffective Offensive possession. And he seceded in giving up ten points due to his turnovers. Thank the ineptness of the Bolts O for only managing 10 points off 6 turnovers. Any other Offense save the Ravens would have scored an Minimum of 24 or more off that number of turnovers.

Did y'all forget that Rivers fumbled in the end zone and it was recovered for a TD by the Colts Defense. Manning had jack to do with that score. Forty minutes, two TDs. Just Effin AWESOME !

Pay-me-a-ton threw six picks and guided his team to ONLY two scoring drives all night. He did that despite almost 40 minutes of ineffective Offensive possession. And he seceded in giving up ten points due to his turnovers. Thank the ineptness of the Bolts O for only managing 10 points off 6 turnovers. Any other Offense save the Ravens would have scored an Minimum of 24 or more off that number of turnovers.

Did y'all forget that Rivers fumbled in the end zone and it was recovered for a TD by the Colts Defense. Manning had jack to do with that score. Forty minutes, two TDs. Just Effin AWESOME !

Remember two more scoring drives ended in missed field goals.

Let me get this straight.
I play like crap, putting myself in position to lose. My teamates keep me in the game. I continue to throw Ints.
I am HEROIC because I kept walking onto the field even though my play reeked?

I guess Ryan Leaf is a HERO.

That's an incredible exaggeration. You're using ONE GAME to reach that conclusion?

You guys have to get over your Manning issues.

Actually, you need to get a clue.

Manning has choked away a whole career. Last year was a total fluke, due to a combination of the usual biased officiating favoring the Colts and the Pats needing just one more play. It will never happen again. Manning is back to where he belongs, the supreme choker. The 6 interception guy.

Same old story.

There are plenty of one hit wonder QBs that win a superbowl, and Manning joins their ranks. A stat driven QB that can't play under pressure and had one single game in his career where he didn't choke.

A blind squirrel gets the occasional acorn.

If anybody on the Colts deserves any kind of credit for this game, its the Defense. They are the ones who overcame the good field position Peyton and their ST's gave the Chargers, scored a TD (probably should have scored another if not for the ref screw up), and kept the team in the game despite being out 2 starting LB's, and a starting DT too (I think). The Chargers were admittedly hampered by Norv Turner and Rivers, but the Indy D still deserves some credit if only for not taking their frustrations out on Peyton and the offense.

Of course, Peyton gets all the glory and is considered the heroic one. :rolleyes:

After five INTs, most QBs would have packed it in. Only one QB in this league is courageous enough to go out and try for #6!

After five INTs, most QBs would have packed it in. Only one QB in this league is courageous enough to go out and try for #6!

How, how, how could you dismiss Bret Favre like that?

The Colts defense has been lights out and is, in my mind, one of the top 5 units in the NFL this year. That's right, the Colts have a top 5 defense. Anyone who wants to argue that, look at the team's record, look at the defensive stats, and give me a reason why they are not.

That said, the MVP of the Colts is Joseph Addai, not Peyton Manning. Manning's year so far has been subpar, his worst statistically since 2002. I think his best years, as great as they were, may have passed.

Could we please save the word heroic for people that are actually heroic, like soldiers and first responders?? I hardly consdier playing a football game heroic.

Could we please save the word heroic for people that are actually heroic, like soldiers and first responders?? I hardly consdier playing a football game heroic.

Not even when you're representing the side of good, God, small town life, and the love of laughter? :bricks:

In all honesty, I completely agree. There is nothing heroic about football.

But the Colts KNEW BEYOND A DOUBT THE CHARGERS WOULD NOT SCORE ANOTHER POINT!!

That is the whole key to this issue. Manning could still play relaxed because it was obvious the Chargers offense could not even score on Notre Dame Sunday night. I could have stepped in and felt relaxed too.

I'll give Mannig a little credit for his second half but how can the credit you give him for the 2nd half outweigh his embaressing first half? Explain that please.

Last edited:
Not even when you're representing the side of good, God, small town life, and the love of laughter? :bricks:

In all honesty, I completely agree. There is nothing heroic about football.

But...but...but they told us he was Beowulf, out to slay Grendel! They said so right there on TV! So it must be true...and he's heroic!!!

(Pardon me while I discreetly disappear and barf my last 3 meals up...)

Heroic Pennington imitation@@@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back