PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mort - Top 5 teams give 3 million per year to revenue sharing pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhamz

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Per Mort the top 15 will give $ to a pool that will go to the bottom 17.

The top 5 will give 3 mil, the next 5 2 mil, the next 5 1 mil.

Last edited:
So that means , Bob Kraft is giving up 5 million to Ralph Wilson , because he does not want to name his field Buffalo wild wings stadium....

dhamz said:
Per Mort the top 15 will give $ to a pool that will go to the bottom 17.

The top 5 will give 3 mil, the next 5 2 mil, the next 5 1 mil.

And if those sorry asses don't put it into player salary, they need to give it the back and be removed from the freebie line for the rest of the current CBA.

That sh!t makes me want to barf! Just disgusting!

Doing the math that comes to 30 million for the bottom 17 lazy asses er teams. So atleast it's less then 2 mil per team.

Last edited:
Tagliabue just said the revenue sharing agreement was a merge of two seperate plans brought to the table this afternoon - first by Jonathan Kraft (I heard Bob was actually in Israel this week) and Woody Johnson ( :eek: ) and then another by the Steelers and Ravens. A third group including Denver and Dallas and some others suggested the two plans be merged and that is what resulted in whatever this revenue sharing deal works out to be. He did say teams must spend to the mid point between the cap and the cash over cap limit if they receive these funds.

MoLewisrocks said:
Tagliabue just said the revenue sharing agreement was a merge of two seperate plans brought to the table this afternoon - first by Jonathan Kraft (I heard Bob was actually in Israel this week) and Woody Johnson ( :eek: ) and then another by the Steelers and Ravens. A third group including Denver and Dallas and some others suggested the two plans be merged and that is what resulted in whatever this revenue sharing deal works out to be. He did say teams must spend to the mid point between the cap and the cash over cap limit if they receive these funds.

This is what makes the need valid; allowing low income teams to remain competitive. The max donation, while it isn't chump change, doesn't sound onerous, IMO.

MoLewisrocks said:
He did say teams must spend to the mid point between the cap and the cash over cap limit if they receive these funds.
My head is still swimming. ;) We do we know yet what the Cash over Cap limit even is yet?

Tom Curran's Answer in Projo

T-ShirtDynasty said:
My head is still swimming. ;) We do we know yet what the Cash over Cap limit even is yet?

I've seen it posted from Tom Curran, as 1% over the current cap TFR percentage of revenues. The cap is planned to go up over the six years but start around 57% of TFR. Over the cap would be 1% of TFR. I've heard that 60% would have been a cap of 112 million per team and 57% is obviously 102 million per team so each 1% is about 3.3 million per team.

What this does is set a minimum cap expenditure to qualify for "welfare" as cap plus 1.6 million, including Signing Bonuses paid that year.

In effect there is no longer a minimum required spending set as last time at 83% of the cap . Everybody would be expected to spend to the cap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes