PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mort: Goodell orders Patriots to turn over all tape/notes, more penalties possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mort: Goodell orders Patriots to turn over all tape/notes, more penalties possibl

Weird. I thought he was a lawyer. Either way, that reads like a discovery request.

No wonder he wasn't impressed by BB's interpretation of the rule.

He's a scum-sucking bottom dweller. That makes him a lawyer by default.

Re: Mort: Goodell orders Patriots to turn over all tape/notes, more penalties possibl

It's only a matter of time before the bus pulls up to load the lawyers. The Krafts I would hope can't take more of this. This does nothing for the League or the game. In fact taken to the extreme the ramifications on the league could be diasterous. Goodell has to know that. That said, this is getting nuts. I looked at Goodell's bio (he was a Jets intern) and I gotta think there is something more behind this. Who is the NFL Commissioner's Gene Orza? We've seen how the Red Sox have tangled with this guy and there' gotta be someone in the Commissioner's office pushing the buttons to get the Pats. Like Orza, he's gotta be a lawyer (Goodell is not) because all of this and particularly this latest demand, which sounds like a discovery request, has lawyers' imprints all over it. Someone wants us down and on our knees. But why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Goodell

He's a scum-sucking bottom dweller. That makes him a lawyer by default.

Excuse me, but my husband and I are both lawyers.

Can someone please state what it is they are looking for explicitly. The report said something about that there would be a severe penalty if they were found to have copied the tape. I am confused. Are they trying to assertain whether or not the pats used the info during the game in which they were taped?

What if this could actually clear the pats of any wrong-doing? I know, pretty poly-anna-ish, but what if BB said, "you can look at all our tapes. It will prove that we did nothing wrong."

Not all lawyers are bad. :)

I know. But this is just....:(

I guess we all know why the term "longstanding rule" were used. I can only guess that if it's the case that BB put together a coaching bible based on this information, Goodell feels we shouldn't profit from the information anymore because it was acquired by illegal videotape. What I'm wondering is if it was acquired by binoculars and handwritten notes whether it would be the same.

The scope of the request reads exactly like a discovery request. Goodell is a lawyer, this is unsurprising.

My question now becomes when does this end. Does it end after this? It didn't end after the penalty. What's he going to do with this stuff?

It goes right into Polians hands!!

Can someone please state what it is they are looking for explicitly. The report said something about that there would be a severe penalty if they were found to have copied the tape. I am confused. Are they trying to assertain whether or not the pats used the info during the game in which they were taped?

What if this could actually clear the pats of any wrong-doing? I know, pretty poly-anna-ish, but what if BB said, "you can look at all our tapes. It will prove that we did nothing wrong."

again , this is what mort has heard from league sources abt what goodell said privately to the pats. its not a publicly released statement so take it for FWIW

Excuse you? For what?

Not all lawyers are scum-sucking bottom dwellers.

This can only be a hunt to find out if any info obtained was used in-game.

Or it is because if we do indeed have a bible of coaching tendencies, they no longer want us to enjoy whatever advantage it provided, seeing as the info was illegally obtained.

Do you think they will have someone reviewing every single game we've ever played?

Anything short of that, nothing can be done. Binoculars, notes, put on computer...fine.

If somehow they match up any evidence that film contributed to something in a 2nd half of a game, you have never sent eh kind of punishment that we'll see in that case.

BB would be d.o.n.e...done in this league.

If BB was truthful that info was never used in the game being played that day there's nothing to worry about.

That is what I was thinking too. I have a feeling that the pats did not use this info during the game, and I think that it will prove that we are cool. Again, pretty Poly-anna-ish, but it feels better than the other alternative.

It's only a matter of time before the bus pulls up to load the lawyers. The Krafts I would hope can't take more of this. This does nothing for the League or the game. In fact taken to the extreme the ramifications on the league could be diasterous. Goodell has to know that. That said, this is getting nuts. I looked at Goodell's bio (he was a Jets intern) and I gotta think there is something more behind this. Who is the NFL Commissioner's Gene Orza? We've seen how the Red Sox have tangled with this guy and there' gotta be someone in the Commissioner's office pushing the buttons to get the Pats. Like Orza, he's gotta be a lawyer (Goodell is not) because all of this and particularly this latest demand, which sounds like a discovery request, has lawyers' imprints all over it. Someone wants us down and on our knees. But why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Goodell

I think the worst thing the Pats could do right now is "lawyer up" in any fashinon. A lot of this controversy is all about perception.

Think about what destorying "evidence" or refusing to give it up would mean in terms of perception. I think the Pats have no choice at this point but to give the league office what it's asking for.

Excuse you? For what?

Not all lawyers are scum-sucking bottom dwellers.

Ah, well as long as you've clarified that! ;)

So what if the Patriots simple say, "We dont have any notes or video tapes on this issue."

Will Goodell have to get a court order to go into the Patriots front office to find something? Can you see NFL security caring out boxes of Patriots notes, playbooks, videos, etc.

Would that make Mort, Clayton, Gary Myers happy? What a joke.

again , this is what mort has heard from league sources abt what goodell said privately to the pats. its not a publicly released statement so take it for FWIW

If that's the case, somebody in the Commish's office is in big trouble today.
I heard that he wasn't happy about all the media crap that went on this week, so I know that he won't be happy about this.

I sure hope BB has digital backups for everything at home. The good thing about this is that the NFL is not a government agency and can't swoop in unannounced with a warrant. We should be able to "choose" what Goodell gets.

Anything short of that, nothing can be done. Binoculars, notes, put on computer...fine.

If somehow they match up any evidence that film contributed to something in a 2nd half of a game, you have never sent eh kind of punishment that we'll see in that case.

BB would be d.o.n.e...done in this league.

If BB was truthful that info was never used in the game being played that day there's nothing to worry about.

Halftime is what, 10 minutes?

How the hell can you take an hour of footage (real-time of the first half), compare it to the same half (another real-time one hour of tape) in 10 minutes?!

For this video to be useful, you'd really need to be viewing it in a computer with the game footage available. And to capture one hour of video footage takes, you guessed it, one hour. Are people ******ed? Has the world gone mad? Did they forget how digital video recorded onto tape works? ************.

Bottom line, there's no way they can use this footage in game. It wasn't some live feed going somewhere, it was a tape, that tape can only be captured in real-time.

Again, there is no f*cking way that the footage they captured within a game was used within a game. In fact, one point that has been missed is that VIDEOTAPING THE SIGNALS IS THE LEAST EFFICIENT AND MOST IMPRACTICAL WAY TO STEAL SIGNS WITHIN THE GAME THAT IS BEING PLAYED since it requires so much time just to deal with the footage. A guy with binoculars has a better chance of making an impact on a game.

Can someone please state what it is they are looking for explicitly. The report said something about that there would be a severe penalty if they were found to have copied the tape

What this means is they want us to give them our "coaching tendency bible" and if we give it over but Xerox it first, then we would be in trouble.

I think the worst thing the Pats could do right now is "lawyer up" in any fashinon. A lot of this controversy is all about perception.

Think about what destorying "evidence" or refusing to give it up would mean in terms of perception. I think the Pats have no choice at this point but to give the league office what it's asking for.

Who cares? That's on the commish.

McCarthy did an excellent job of smearing people. And when no one stood up to him, it encouraged him even more. Not until someone came after him was he undone.

Lawyer up.

If that's the case, somebody in the Commish's office is in big trouble today.
I heard that he wasn't happy about all the media crap that went on this week, so I know that he won't be happy about this.

Yea, this leaking of info is really making things seem juvenile.

I may end up wrong but I don't think they're going after us more - I think they just want the stuff so we can't derive any future benefit from it. No gain from the forbidden fruit, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back