Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Single best sight of the young season, from today's NFL Insiders:

CtDsDjgW8AAvCiH.jpg

68 retweets225 likes

I think the best we are going to get from Mort is "it was a source I trusted, they were wrong, I am sorry for that and promise I will do better next time"

I think the best we are going to get from Mort is "it was a source I trusted, they were wrong, I am sorry for that and promise I will do better next time"
I am unaware that he had expressed anything like an apology, despite having had ample opportunity to do so. He has defended his reporting and source, without regard for his veracity. If there is a counter-example, I will gladly retract this statement.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, whose report about 11 of the 12 “significantly underinflated” New England Patriots footballs at the AFC championship provided a kickstart (but not nearly as big as some would like to believe) to the whole Deflategate controversy, went on the defensive Monday, telling Dan Le Batard that he wouldn’t retract his report, didn’t think he was being used and that while the semantics of his reporting were incorrect, and since corrected, the general gist was not.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen defends Deflategate reporting, knocks Pats fans

Dave Gardi, who is part of the football operations for the NFL, said one ball was as low as 10.1 PSI. Turns out there was no ball 10.1 PSI. And so therefore, I think there was some inaccurate data at the time that was passed on to me, but I also talked to other sources who verified the number that I was focused on. The number of footballs. Eleven was a significant number, and ‘significantly underinflated’ was a significant description. And so therefore do I feel betrayed? No

Read more at: Chris Mortensen: NFL Investigating Patriots In Deflategate Was A Mistake

Last edited:
One would hope that having to fact your own mortality would motivate him to seek redemption.
His twitter bio "Christian, Husband, Father, Veteran...once covered George Brett in high school for The Daily Breeze. ..Avatar is son Alex handing off to Run DMC at Arkansas"

What would Jesus do if he made a mistake like this?

His twitter bio "Christian, Husband, Father, Veteran...once covered George Brett in high school for The Daily Breeze. ..Avatar is son Alex handing off to Run DMC at Arkansas"

What would Jesus do if he made a mistake like this?

It's always the religious nuts who lie and cheat, Mort is a scumbag

Dude looks different. (Yeah, I know cancer, just saying)

He looks like a cadaver with some make-up.

If he can't find honesty at this point, then all hope is lost for us Pats fans as far as Mort is concerned. I care deeply about the illness he carries, however, it doesn't effect my anger and resentment towards him. I want him and Roger to live long enough to watch 1000 Patriot Belichick Trophies being raised before they get to go toes up.

Agreed, sir. It saddens me deeply. Losing an immediate family member to insidious cancer completely changes your life perspective.

mort looks like jimmy carter now. anyway, suzy kolber is still very attractive!

Agreed, sir. It saddens me deeply. Losing an immediate family member to insidious cancer completely changes your life perspective.
I don't equate the two. I am caring for and living with a dying stage 4 cancer patient right now.

I didn't wish Mort cancer and the fact he had/has it does not change that Mort has done a wrong and Mort can make his wrong right any time he chooses with basically no effort. Three sentences would probably do it. As a self described Christian he certainly should. Now that he is back working in the field he did this, I see no reason to not resume calling him on it and try and get him to answer for what he was a part of even if he acted as an unknowing stooge at the time he first reported. Mort is not fixing his wrong because he fears it will hurt him in the pocketbook from NFL retribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes