PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morris out 2-3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sammy Morris is expected to miss two-to-three weeks with a knee injury, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

LaMont Jordan is also considered unlikely to play this week.

I knew I wasn't going to like the news on Morris.

That’s a serious blow.. well that means other players will just have to step up, I’m predicting a large number of screen passes

We started the season with 5 backs on this roster, if you include Evans and BJGE from the squad then you could say we had 7 total running backs on the roster.
FIVE??? I think there's a math problem here..there were FIVE RBs...Maroney, Jordan, Faulk, Morris AND Evans...Green-Ellis is the 6th...The ONLY time they had 7 was when Eckel was on the squad and thatw as for only a week...

Gotta say, I didn't notice that. Very interesting.

Warning: It was a question. I have a vague memory reading about someone NOT a RB playing RB. Slater? Not sure it was Ventrone. Not sure if it wasn't a 1 day WTF thing. I was looking for confirmation or refutation.

Last edited:
Warning: It was a question. I have a vague memory reading about someone NOT a RB playing RB. Slater? Not sure it was Ventrone. Not sure if it wasn't a 1 day WTF thing. I was looking for confirmation or refutation.

Thank me with rep points:

Ventrone looking to take the next step
LONG ARTICLE - Excerpts:

Despite his versatility, no Division I program offered Ventrone a scholarship coming out of high school. He received five offers from Division I-AA schools but two of them wanted him to play running back. Deciding he would rather dish out the punishment than receive it, Ventrone made up his mind to attend Villanova and play safety.

“I chose Villanova because they have a great football program and I wanted to play defense,” Ventrone said. “I played a lot of different positions but safety was always my favorite. I think that is the position that fits my playing style the best.”

Ventrone has been on the Patriots practice squad all season but hasn’t been active for any games. As a member of the practice squad, he practices with the team, helping them prepare for that week’s upcoming opponent. Coaches put Ventrone at different positions so he can emulate the opposition’s offensive and defensive players.

“I’ve played a lot of positions on the practice squad,” Ventrone said. “Some weeks I play safety. Some weeks I play corner and sometimes I play running back. I feel like they can count on me to give the guys a good look no matter where I’m at.”

And only 10 days ago:
http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_patriots_journal_10_10-10-08_3PBSVKB_v15.3b9acc0.html

Excerpt:

Yesterday, there were four players not spotted during the media-access portion of practice: WR Kelley Washington (ankle), RB LaMont Jordan (calf), LB Eric Alexander (hamstring) and TE David Thomas (flu). Thomas is a new addition to the list. Those four players did not participate, while Stephen Gostkowski (right thigh), Maroney (shoulder) and CB Lewis Sanders (hamstring) were limited. Safety/receiver Ray Ventrone may be adding another slash before his name: yesterday he was doing drills with the running backs.

Last edited:
OK. I am officially depressed again. :(

The whole league is made out of glass it appears.

Especially Pats RBs.

It's now official: both LaMa & Morris are really made of glass.

Hey, maybe the record-breaking installation of the FieldTurf is the reason why there have been so many injuries at home.

As weird as this might sound, I can picture Welker doing some stuff out of the backfield, whether he lines up there, or motions there, likely after the RB motions to slot or something. Although undersized, Welker does some pretty good downhill running, and he's great at finding a small path through traffic. He's also a tremendous blocker for his size... I've seen him conistently take on LBs successfully. He's a versatile player, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do pretty much anything in a Bellichick system.

It makes me cringe thinking about the opponent's front seven keying in on Welker. I would rather that we lose a game than risk him getting hurt (as elusive as he is). That said, if BB tries it and it works, it is a brilliant idea. :D

Either way, I think improvement in our running game hinges on the OL gelling. Maybe this way, by the time Morris gets back, the OL will be settled in and we'll have a strong running game to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes