PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morris is a real back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faulk is 32 how much does he have left? We are not talking about a replacement next year but in 2 years maybe. And Maroney made things happen last year in the last few games and playoff's when he was healthy.

Maroney only dances while waiting for holes to open up rather than running in to the back of his guards and tackles.

maybe we should get another back...one by the name of BenJarvus Ellis-Green?

oh wait...

No. Faulk makes things happens and gets first downs. Maroney gets hurt and is tackled behind the line after showing his dance steps.

Who is better than Moroney in screen passes? It's not as if Faulk is a better RB. Faulk blocks better and is overall better in the passing game but with time Maroney can develop those skills.

Maroney has two years left. You want to treat him like a rookie and try to teach him to pick up the blitz and to be good blocker. You'd have him be the 3rd down back and put Brady's health at risk. Why?

Maroney is a change of pace back, but not a blocker.

Besides why would make an injury prone back a blocker?

I know. But he looked bette than SloMo when running. I been saying it for years,

Except today, not this season. Now that the OL is back intact he should do well, but you have to remember how bad the OL played when they were not intact. That does make a difference

2 facts:
1) Denver is the 30th best run D in the league
2) Neal is back

Until Morris is running 130 yards on a top 10 D, then he hasn't proven much

He's way past needing to prove anything IMO. Before he got hurt last season he blew Maroney out of the water and you can tell he's just hungry as hell (like his fellow Tex. Tech alum Welker)

With Neal back, if Morris is OK and Lamont can contribute, we're sitting pretty in the running game to say the least (with Ben-Jarvis and Faulk as well)

Last edited:
He's way past needing to prove anything IMO. Before he got hurt last season he blew Maroney out of the water...

Not really. If anything they played as good as each other last year. Maroney had better numbers in the beginning cause he got more carries though.

How about you shut your mouth, because you have been wrong about Jackson and Maroney. Maroney is garbage and injury prone period.

Wrong as usual "da homer".

How was I wrong about Jackson? I said that this was the make or break year for him. Nice of you to NOT know wtf you are talking about.

YOU are garbage and are prone to opening your mouth and inserting your foot.

Except today, not this season. Now that the OL is back intact he should do well, but you have to remember how bad the OL played when they were not intact. That does make a difference

Don't try and use facts to support your case, Whiza. That will just confuse Patslifer.

What Patslifer refuses to acknowledge is that the O-line, up until the Denver game, was horribly inconsistent in its run blocking. He also refuses to acknowledge that Maroney actually had better stats than Morris during the 1st 4 games.

The O-line looked better tonight, but, as others have pointed out, Denver's defense is pretty horrible.

He's way past needing to prove anything IMO. Before he got hurt last season he blew Maroney out of the water and you can tell he's just hungry as hell (like his fellow Tex. Tech alum Welker)

This is false. During the 1st 3 games, Maroney had better stats than Morris.

With Neal back, if Morris is OK and Lamont can contribute, we're sitting pretty in the running game to say the least (with Ben-Jarvis and Faulk as well)

I think that the running game will be solid. But a lot depends on Morris' status.

I know. But he looked bette than SloMo when running. I been saying it for years,

No, it only feels like years because you say the same thing 47 times a day.

To Richter,

All I was doing was commenting on this guys inability to enjoy the game he just watched. To me he comes across as angry and unhappy, in many of his posts. I say this because even after the game, one one in which his team played pretty well and won, he uses the forum to knock a player who did not even play in the game??? To me, that is sad and angry. And the comment is directed to what he does here on this board. Repeatedly! Nothing else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes