PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morris, Bledsoe enter Pats Hall of Fame this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Video: Bledsoe Speaks to Team During Walkthrough Today

If only he acted with more class, and more like a man than a bitter school girl when Brady took his job...

Huh? Bledsoe handled Brady taking his job about as well as I've ever seen a QB of his stature handle something like that.

He was practically in tears during his halftime speech. I have pictures from the game I'd love to post on here but don't know how.

He was practically in tears during his halftime speech. I have pictures from the game I'd love to post on here but don't know how.

His halftime speech was truly a touching moment. The crowd really showed him the love and it choked him up. His speech was good and the crowd really loved the line about Bob being the brains of the team and Myra being the Heart and Soul.

I had 98.5 on today and some guy called 'Drew" called in. He said, "1st time caller, long time listener." It was Drew Bledsoe!

Drew was on his way to lunch and then Logan but said what happened at halftime was the most emotional thing he had ever experienced. He also mentioned that Bob Kraft showed up at Troy Brown's place after the game to see him.

Drew's kids are old enough, now, to understand that playing pro sports in the Boston area is a privilege.

Call me what you want, but Drew will always have a place in my heart.

I agree........ It has to provide some measure of comfort for him to have some distance behind him and it has now became clear that the guy who beat him out for the job was not "just some other" pass thrower.

It's one thing to get replaced by a guy that really doesn't do any better then you did. It's altogether another to get replaced by a guy that will ultimately be highly considered as the GOAT.

Good, and deserving w/e for Drew.

Actually Bledsoe has experienced both ends of that spectrum, plus something in the middle when it comes to who has replaced him as his team's starting quarterback:

• Tom Brady
  • JP Losman
  • Tony Romo

Bledsoe bits from Sunday

I followed Drew around the stadium via binoculars yesterday. His reception by the crowd at halftime was very heartwarming. When he took the podium and tried to speak he was stopped by loud cheering that didn't let up for quite a while -- it looked like he was trying hard to keep from getting choked up. I was very happy for the guy, who didn't leave Foxboro under the best of circumstances and struggled with Buffalo and Dallas.

After the halftime ceremony he and his three young sons (wearing No. 11 Pats jerseys) hung out on the sideline for a while during the first quarter. Drew took a knee and watched the game. Before he left Julian Edelman (the current No. 11) walked over to shake his hand. I later spotted Drew and his wife in the owner's box with the Krafts and their contingent. Everyone was drinking from wine glasses, so I assume they were sampling one or more of the vintages Drew now sells.

Early today Drew called 98.5 from the airport to chat briefly with Zolak and Gresh. He talked about Bob Kraft showing up at the party that night hosted by Troy Brown in his basement, how he was blown away by that and the whole Patriots Hall of Fame induction week. Again, glad to see Drew get some love and (hopefully) heal whatever lingering wounds he still had. He was, first and foremost, a New England Patriot.

Re: Bledsoe bits from Sunday

I followed Drew around the stadium via binoculars yesterday. His reception by the crowd at halftime was very heartwarming. When he took the podium and tried to speak he was stopped by loud cheering that didn't let up for quite a while -- it looked like he was trying hard to keep from getting choked up. I was very happy for the guy, who didn't leave Foxboro under the best of circumstances and struggled with Buffalo and Dallas.

After the halftime ceremony he and his three young sons (wearing No. 11 Pats jerseys) hung out on the sideline for a while during the first quarter. Drew took a knee and watched the game. Before he left Julian Edelman (the current No. 11) walked over to shake his hand. I later spotted Drew and his wife in the owner's box with the Krafts and their contingent. Everyone was drinking from wine glasses, so I assume they were sampling one or more of the vintages Drew now sells.

Early today Drew called 98.5 from the airport to chat briefly with Zolak and Gresh. He talked about Bob Kraft showing up at the party that night hosted by Troy Brown in his basement, how he was blown away by that and the whole Patriots Hall of Fame induction week. Again, glad to see Drew get some love and (hopefully) heal whatever lingering wounds he still had. He was, first and foremost, a New England Patriot.

i went to the game and the hall of fame induction... it was a great feeling and very proud of drew.... glad he accepted his carrer as a patriot....

Great stuff:) Thanks for the insight in this post!

I heard his speech on the Patriots post game and it was excellent. It made me recall how great he was for this franchise. He was responsible for resparking my interest in football almost 20 years ago. I went to the last game of his rookie year which was a shootout against Marino. I was hooked and maybe have missed three games since.

Good for Drew.

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing.

As evidenced by my current signature line, Kraft, Bledsoe and yes, even Parcells will always get my full respect for helping to keep the "St. Louis Stallions" here in New England where they belong.

When I was a little boy in Maine...... I literally used to sit on my grandfather's lap and listen to Patriot games on the radio. I never cared that we sucked, I just liked hanging with my (now deceased) grandpa. It was from those days that I fell in love with the Patriots....... As I got older in the late 70's and early 80's (after moving to NY) I used to follow them pretty religiously in the non-digital way.

by the late 80's early 90's....... I began to drift...... I began to resent that I loved such a losing team........ when Drew Bledsoe came around in 93........ he began to give me something that had been missing for a long time....... he gave me HOPE. HOPE that one day, we might win it all. By 1996 or 97, I became passionate about this team and fully believed that someday, we might actually win it all. The rest is history.

For many of us....... Drew Bledsoe will always represent the beginning of what we now enjoy annually. I don't think his history here can every be understated. Thanks Drew......... for giving us something that had been missing for many year........ HOPE.

Last edited:

Good stuff. He was my childhood hero and as long as they don't fall apart I'll continue to wear both Bledsoe jerseys I own.

I can't believe patriots.com doesn't have a video of this up on their website.

What are they thinking?

They have videos of everything else under the sun from the game/lockerroom, etc. But the one thing that was not seen by anyone outside of the stadium, they keep under wraps. The PR department over there is sleeping or something.

In the meantime, I went over to youtube to see the mostly grainy vids from far away that some folks took yesterday. He gave a short, but beautiful speech.

Great moment. Fumble by the Pats PR department/website.

Last edited:

I can't believe patriots.com doesn't have a video of this up on their website.

What are they thinking?

They have videos of everything else under the sun from the game/lockerroom, etc. But the one thing that was not seen by anyone outside of the stadium, they keep under wraps. The PR department over there is sleeping or something.

In the meantime, I went over to youtube to see the mostly grainy vids from far away that some folks took yesterday. He gave a short, but beautiful speech.

Great moment. Fumble by the Pats PR department/website.

They need a video from Saturday's induction ceremony, where the new members give their speeches and old Hall of Fame teammates share memories passing the microphone back and forth.

I heard his speech on the Patriots post game and it was excellent. It made me recall how great he was for this franchise. He was responsible for resparking my interest in football almost 20 years ago. I went to the last game of his rookie year which was a shootout against Marino. I was hooked and maybe have missed three games since.

Good for Drew.

Its hard to believe that many years have passed by. Still remember the draft and whether Parcells would go for Drew Bledsoe or Rick Mirer from Notre Dame. Breathed a sigh of relief when Pats drafted Bledsoe instead of Mirer, but then I left Mass in early '95 after finishing school.

Growing up watching Pats of '83-'87 with decent teams and talent, followed by darkest days from '88-'92 post Ray Berry era, looking back the trifecta of Kraft-Parcells-Blesoe saved this organization. Just seems like yesterday Bledsoe was carving up the Vikings for 450+ yards. Ahhhh Nostalgia !

Its hard to believe that many years have passed by. Still remember the draft and whether Parcells would go for Drew Bledsoe or Rick Mirer from Notre Dame. Breathed a sigh of relief when Pats drafted Bledsoe instead of Mirer, but then I left Mass in early '95 after finishing school.

Yeah - somehow I don't see Rick Mirer, a thoroughly mediocre QB, reinvigorating the Patriot fan base the way Bledsoe did, even with Parcells as coach.

Nor do I see a dynamic duo of **** McPhearson and Bledsoe generating the same level of ticket sales. :)

at the post induction dinner, someone asked Drew to pass the butter....he threw it over the guy five tables away...

at the post induction dinner, someone asked Drew to pass the butter....he threw it over the guy five tables away...

:rolleyes: You're capable of much better.

I know..I know...maybe I'm just like Drew...never master the short quip

Re: A well deserved "Thank You" to Drew Bledsoe

A great player and an even better person. Drew is going into the Patriots HOF this weekend. No one is more deserving. Without guys like Drew and Bill Parcells there is no Patriot Dynasty.
A long overdue "Thank You" Drew Bledsoe. You will always be the one and only # 11 to many of us longtime Patriot fans.

Very well said. Bledsoe is a class act and was a very good overall QB in NE....and as u say....started the dynasty! Very happy for him.....Thanks Drew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes