Morris, Bledsoe enter Pats Hall of Fame this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Morris, Bledsoe enter Pats Hall of Fame this weekend
By: John Morgan

Almost overlooked in the euphoria of the Patriots' Monday Night Football victory over division rival Miami is the fact that legends Jon Morris and Drew Bledsoe will be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame this weekend....

Drrreeeeewwwww!!!

Wish I knew he was doing this guest speaker thing at the hall I would have gone.

Obviously we all know he is being inducted sat. Props to one of my all time favorites.

Here is a quote from the event via Reiss.

Bledsoe reflects on time in New England - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

As for a favorite moment from his time in New England....

Second was the AFC Championship game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2002 in which Bledsoe, who had lost his starting job after being injured earlier in the year, entered for an injured Brady and helped push the Patriots through to the Super Bowl, where they upset the Rams for the first of three titles.

Bledsoe to Patten in the AFC championship game and Brady to Patten in SB36 are two of my all time favorite plays and they are very similar

Re: Drrreeeeewwwww!!!

Wish I knew he was doing this guest speaker thing at the hall I would have gone.

Obviously we all know he is being inducted sat. Props to one of my all time favorites.

Here is a quote from the event via Reiss.

Bledsoe reflects on time in New England - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Bledsoe to Patten in the AFC championship game and Brady to Patten in SB36 are two of my all time favorite plays and they are very similar

That was a great game full of great moments. I remember Bledsoe crying at the end of the game.

A well deserved "Thank You" to Drew Bledsoe

A great player and an even better person. Drew is going into the Patriots HOF this weekend. No one is more deserving. Without guys like Drew and Bill Parcells there is no Patriot Dynasty.
A long overdue "Thank You" Drew Bledsoe. You will always be the one and only # 11 to many of us longtime Patriot fans.

Re: A well deserved "Thank You" to Drew Bledsoe

I could not agree more. A classy guy, great QB. and was there at the beginning of the PATS rise to greatness. Too bad he did not get the SB win in 96.

i agree - i was a great Drew Bledsoe fan and i still have 2 jersey with # 11

thank you so much Drew !

:youtheman:

still remember the day he was drafted as I sat there in my Pats T-shirt and hat jumping up and down. :D

Drew Bledsoe is the reason 10 year old me became a Patriots fan. :eek:

Thanks Drew! :D

Drew Bledsoe is the reason 10 year old me became a Patriots fan. :eek:

Thanks Drew! :D

He's the reason why 13 year old me became a Patriots' fan:)

Re: Video: Bledsoe Speaks to Team During Walkthrough Today

If that doesn't get you ready to play nothing will. :rocker:

Are you a Jets fan in disguise? Mods -- please BAN this moron.

I agree. Times up. I grow weary of this nucklehead. :bricks:

Looks like the fans at the induction ceremony today and the players had a great time, nice to see Troy Brown and Tedy B there.

womp womp lame...

It's okay, buddy. Maybe Ryan Leaf will give the Chargers a pre-game speech tomorrow.

Last edited:

It's okay, buddy. Maybe Ryan Leaf will give the Chargers a pre-game speech tomorrow.

This made me LOL.

I was there and it was a great ceremony. I'll try to post pictures and some flip videos tommorrow (with the help of my wife who's smarter than me). Morris told some great stories about how his wife took his toddlers back and forth from NE to Detroit during the season to find them housing and get the kids enrolled in school after he left the Pats. He commented about his first contract, a 2 year deal for 13 grand a year with a 10 grand signing bonus with a "no-cut clause". He was also drafted by the Packers, but as a Holy Cross kid he decided to sign with us after 2 months haggeling and holding out for top doller. He struck me as a genuine good guy.

Bledsoe couldn't have been more genuine and funny himself. He talked about what a poor backup Brady was because he simply didn't understand what the job of being a back-up meant. Some other funny moments were the stories of pranks between him and Todd Rucci. Rucci and Troy buried his jeep one night in a snowstorm after getting home at 3 in the morning after returning from a road game that sat in the parking lot for a week. In response Bledsoe hired a moving company to empty Rucci's place on X-mas eve. He said he came home to no furniture, no dishes, no nothing. He had them take everything out of his house and place it downstairs. Drew said Todd came to his house for X-mas and didn't speak to him at all. Then he pumped his fist and giggled when done telling it.

He was on stage with Troy, Bru, Zolak and Rucci. He was so humble and awsome. My wife met his father who was cool, too. He was giving some real nice inspirational advice to all the kids there. I'll write more tom., but it was truly cool. Grogan, Tippett, Geno, Nelson and a host of others were there. I even ate lunch about 8 feet away from Kraft, then after he blew by me driving his golf cart with 3 passengers. Truly awesome day.

There's going to be alot of smoke behind Gillette and it's not a fire...

Last edited:

Hmm I sense a Chargers fan in the Force...

As the fat guy said in the Godfather "You won't see him no more".

I threw him over the cliff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back