PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morris, Antwine and Cunningham nominated for Pats Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bump is in honor of the next member of the Patriots HOF:

Houston Antwine.

Let's make this happen, folks. Think of it as a vitamin that you take once a day.

Last edited:
This bump is in honor of the next member of the Patriots HOF:

Houston Antwine.

Let's make this happen, folks. Think of it as a vitamin that you take once a day.

Good work. Injustice addressed through the ballot box today Captain.

Carry on!

Saw all 3 play loved all of them, I voted for Houston this year.

Their biggest hurdle may be that as each year goes by a more familiar name stands in their way, such as Cunningham this year, Bledsoe and perhaps some player from the mid-70's next year.

This is the unfortunate truth for the old-timers. They basically get hurt by the fact that this yearly tradition only started recently.

Hey, your next post will be number 5,000 CONGRATS!

This is the unfortunate truth for the old-timers. They basically get hurt by the fact that this yearly tradition only started recently.
It's going to become next to impossible in a few years for the old timers once players like Rodney Harrison, Tedy Bruschi, Troy Brown and Drew Bledsoe become eligible.

Hey, your next post will be number 5,000 CONGRATS!
Thank you! .... I think.

Not sure if that's a badge of honor or a signal that I need to find new hobbies.

By the way, Antwine is the all time AFL first team tackle, not end.

Learn the game and history, Patriots.com. :snob:

We had some damn great DEs in Eisenhauer and Dee too.

Vote for Houston, arguably Pro football HOF caliber, certainly Pats HOF.

Last edited:
Vote for Antwine,
He's our Man;
If he doesn't get in,
Nobody can (or should).

in a related note ... sam cunningham has been elected into the college hall of fame

This was a TOUGH one...I voted for Morris....ONLY because I really think it's his last chance...and he NEEDS to be in it..in fact all 3 do...

RayClay is absolutely right. It's inexplicable that Houston Antwine is not already in the Patriots' Hall. Morris was a decent center and an iconic figure for the early Patriots and deserves to be in the Hall; Cunningham was a good fullback; but Houston Antwine was one of the greatest players in AFL history. No contest. Like Captain, this year I'm voting multiple times for Antwine.

You convinced me, RayClay.

You convinced me, RayClay.

I wanted to quote you so I could say, Hi Patjew!!

But this is for the previous poster. Jon Morris should also have been in with the first batch it was an oversight.

Morris was also much more than a decent center, he was one of the best in the AFL, though Jim Otto was the gold standard.

My new tidbit this year where I propose Antwine as a borderline Pro Football Hall of Fame candidate?

Buck Buchanan.
Buck Buchanan is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

AFL + NFL 1963-1975 multiple all AFL

Antwine

AFL + NFL 1961-1972 multiple all AFL

1st team all time AFL team? Houston Antwine not Buck Buchanan.

We came from the AFL, from guys that loved football, played for little, and loaded trucks in the off season.

'Twine was obviously among the elite Defensive linemen of his day, including NFL, and deserves to be in the Pats HOF, more than any candidate.

Last edited:
I think Morris lives in the area and has a lot of friends in the media, so I think he'll get in soon.

Cunningham? He was just drafted in April, and hasn't played a down yet. That just seems wrong to me. Jermaine Cunningham, who do you know?

:)

Cunningham? He was just drafted in April, and hasn't played a down yet. That just seems wrong to me. Jermaine Cunningham, who do you know?

:)

And for this reason, I will never vote for Mercury Morris for Patriots HOF, either.

I could have voted for all 3 , but I cast my vote for Sam "Bam" Cunningham.

Sentimental vote because that was the first football words that my daughter said, "Bam"!, while watching the games with me.

Last edited:
Looks like the balloting has closed, so Good Luck to all 3.

I suspect somehow that Morris make the cut this year; therefore Antwine absolutely must be elected next year, I don't care who the other nominees are. Anything less, and an investigation should be launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back