Welcome to PatsFans.com

Morons

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I couldn't sit through this smooch-fest of our former president....because these two $h!theads are so far gone in terms of reality, its verging on both laughable and sad enough to bring me to tears.

Goeglein And Dobson Pay Tribute To Bush

Here is a shortened clip: YouTube - Goeglein And Dobson Pay Tribute To Bush

"… The greatest trait of Washington was to see things as they were and not as he wanted to see them. That was George W. Bush’s gift when it came to this war. He immediately upon being told of the attacks knew that this was war and that we were being attacked existentially by radical Islam.”

These dudes must not've seen Bush sit there reading my pet goat for 7 minutes.

I frickin LOVE how we have to wait to fully understand how awesome this guy was. Yet nobody can articulate what the fukc they are talking about.....Safety? the war....Questions of soverenity? ....

WTF?

Both of these men are frickin MORONS.....listen to the jerkfest, then take in the last comment, and be AMAZED!

2. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

FYI: for all those who agree with Goeglein, open and chew on this....

Goeglein resigned from the White House in disgrace in 2008, after admitting that he had extensively plagiarized in the occasional guest columns he wrote for his hometown newspaper. While in the White House, Goeglein was “the eyes and ears of the White House in the world of religious conservatives and an emissary to that world for Mr. Rove and the president.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/01/us/01aide.html?_r=1

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  3. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +384 / 26 / -48

#50 Jersey

I love when whackjobs like yourself mention that 7 minutes as if him continuing to read to the children would have changed ANYTHING.

The initial reports said NOTHING about terrorists. In fact, there were some reports that it may have been a plane out of JFK that had troubles. It wasn't until later that it was a terrorist attack came out.

So, what should he have done?

While they both may be friggin morons, you aren't proving to be much better. I don't agree with them and I definitely didn't agree with everything that President Bush did or how he handled things. But, people like yourself try to blame Bush for everything that went wrong in the last 8 years and don't take into consideration many of the realities. That much of the corruption that plummetted us into the recession started long before Bush was in office. That 9/11 didn't have to happen. Neither did the American Soldiers getting killed in Somalia.

Reality is that, had the US not cowtowed to the United Nations, we could have caught Iraq red-handed with the materials that could have been used for WMDs. It was a running joke amongst the Iraqi generals and Hussein that the inspectors could have looked right at the stuff and not known what it was. And that came from one of the Iraqi Air Force Generals. Was Iraq an immenant threat? Probably not to the US. Maybe Israel. But we'll never know.

Bush is no saint. And I fully realize that. But neither is Obama. Neither was Clinton. Every president we've had in almost the past 50 years has had issues.

Kennedy - His philandering
    Johnson - Being a puppet
    Nixon - Watergate
    Ford - Took office after Nixon... Had to bear the stain of Nixon's stubbornness.
    Carter - A nitwit who was good at speaking, but nothing else. Couldn't get the hostages out of Iran...
    Reagan - Allowed the CIA too much latitude in too many areas of the world. (Afghanistan, Nicaraugua, etc)
    G.H.W. Bush - Couldn't get out from Reagan's shadow
    Clinton - Tried to be like Kennedy... Allowed too much illegal garbage to happen on Wall Street and it killed many companies.

So, instead of re-hashing everything and getting all worked up about recent history, why don't you follow your own words and try and work on things going forward... Or is that too much to ask of you?

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I knew what was going on, I recall being livid in my apartment wondering hwta to do. The president did what he always does....he just sat there. Its funny how listening to the howard stern broadcast from that very same day, as soon as they hear a 2nd plane hit...everybody knew what was going on. The broadcasters on TV knew we were under attack. Somehow you give old Bushy a pass here.....yet justify all his actions beyond that day because of that moment....the moment he stood still.

You'd think that he might've feared for his life, might've made a few phone calls, you know....commanded and chiefed...but no.

I think the reason I bring it up, is BECAUSE THESE MORONS BROUGHT IT UP!...

Bush's ability to freeze was knocked out of teh park on his Katrina Flyover....real classy.

These MORONS are right about something, History will prove this man. They are wrong about how we will judge him.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I don't recall musing videos of past administration workers descussing the possible future praising of Clinton, Carter, etc.

I don't recall past whitehouse workers discussing how "One day we will all look back on Nixon, and the watergate 'thing' and view him differently...how we will praise him for tapping the DNC phones"

Show me where former clinton staffers are discussing how "Eventually history will bear out slick willy, and his lies to the american people as 'doing the right thing'

Reagan's old staffers praising the future historians and how they will justify his seeling of arms to the Iranians so they would release hostages when he wanted to make carter look bad.

I must've missed all those things.....so PLEASE.....

show me those things, or anything similar....ANY appologies for a questionable past justified by a future that is seen through a rose colored time machine.

as I stated...these dudes are MORONS

6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

OMG!
    Let me understand your thinking, ahem. A number of planes get hijacked and the President is not informed. A plane then flies into the twin towers and the President is not informed. Although, to your credit, its still is not clear when Bush knew, as he has contradicted himself many times.
    What people were you referring to when they thought it was a plane out of JFK having trouble. Would that be news people that were guessing or would that be any of our nations security that were monitoring the situation? I'm not a law enforcement guy, nor a conspiracy theorist, but when I heard of the first plane I knew it was deliberate. Maybe, just maybe, the secret service was giving Bush a Reagan moment, let's let him have some quiet time.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

It was all a Hoax, 9/11 never happend, the Twin Towers are still there you just can't see them, Bush had them painted with invisible paint, I know a guy that still works there, he used to live in Cambridge.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

It was done with smoke and mirrors, I saw it on "Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed"