PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morning after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I still am pissed, but I agree. I think many are forgetting the the Patriots ALWAYS have it rough in Denver. Sure, we all remember yelling and cheering after midnight when Givens ran a fade route into the endzone and caught a touchdown, but that was an anomaly. Usually at Mile High the Pats get their clocks cleaned.

I can accept this point if Shannan and the old team where there. But this is a NEW rookie coach with many new faces/strategy in their D. So, I don't give full credit to that point.

(And even if we usually get our clock cleaned akin to what happens in Miami when we play there, what the frigging h@ll?? We are a top-class pro team. Why must we always lose to a particular team at a particular venue?? :mad:)

I would rather point out that the new Broncos coach knows our offense thoroughly well and so could have had his D perfectly prepared to offset all of Brady's usual strategies when the pocket is collapsing.

What I don't understand - and is the main reason I am irritated the morning after - is the fact that this is the SECOND time in five games that our O has been shut off in the second half.

Whatever happened to the second-half adjustments that we are supposed to be so good at? Whatever happend to the gospel that the Pats learn from their previous mistakes so well and don't let it happen??

The D slept during the second-half of the Jets game and allowed a rookie QB to engineer two great drives. Understandable to an extent because Mayo was hurt in the half and so the D was forced to scramble because he was one of the main guys. Our O? Without Welker and Brady still rusty, we managed three FGs and made no significant changes in the second half to counter the ferocious Jets D and as a result were shut out.

And now this!

Last edited:
How about Gostkowski just hitting that field goal?

How about a missed Denver FG from losing in regulation?

Some plays are made. Some are not. The guys are human, despite popular belief.

We started the season as the Super Bowl favorite. Reality has set in. The patriots are still favorites to be in the playoffs and should still be favorites for the division, but a lot depends on Brady.

I don't understand folks that think there are "cakewalks" on the schedule, there are no cake walks , especially the way this team has performed.

Tenn is a very dangerous team right now, I don't care that Indy just whooped on them, so I'd start by preparing hard for a team that is fighting for it's dignity, that was a playoff team the last 2 years(23-9), and won their division last year.
Maybe they really miss Haynesworth, but they are still a dangerous team.
TBO, I don't see the Pats whipping up on anybody the way they are playing right now.

Good voice of reason here....I've never understood the "cakewalk" BS either......any given sunday.....and like you say....the way the Pats have been playing overall this season....every game will be tough....stock up on pepto bismal and nitroglycerin tablets......I would also recommend getting AED unit (auto defibrillator) for every pats fan....:0) One game at a time folks.......

I do think we have a lot of work ahead, the next 2 weeks should be wins, but Nov will be brutal.. Which is why a win that got away is crucial down the line... I know this is not 2007 anymore, and we will never see those days again.. But still would like the defense to make plays , and hope Sebastian Vollmer will be able to contribute like Matt Light..
I'm not trying to discount the stretch in November - a tough stretch that now appears to be more difficult than it looked in preseason with the Jets being better than most everyone across the country figured they'd be - but let's also be realistic about the last four games. The other team that the experts were handing a Lombardi to in August, the Steelers, have the same 3-2 record as the pats - with nowhere near as difficult a schedule, and a lot more question marks right now with their defense.

Yes, the Pats went 2-2 in those games, but those four teams have a combined record of 14-4 right now (probably soon to be 15-4), winning two at home and losing two on the road. It was disappointing to lose a winnable game, a game that could have been won with better execution in any one of three or four key plays. Hey, that happens sometimes. The other guys have good players that are trying hard too.

If a team wins all its games against teams it should beat (8-0) and splits wins against the good teams (4-4) they'll finish 12-4 and be right in the thick of things for the playoffs. It's not just that 16-0 is an unrealistic expectation, even 14-2 is unrealistic to expect to happen year in and year out. I'm thinking that perhaps because we saw 14-2 or better not once but three times in just five years, that maybe our demands have become excessive and our expectations for perfection have become unreasonable.

Again, that's not to say it is disappointing to see the team lose a game that it could have and should have won. Just saying that maybe our expectations are a bit too steep and not very practical.

Step off the ledge, how about that? We have the most emo fanbase.

The loss stung, not gonna deny that. But when I was leaving my GF's house last night I was talking to her brother. We both said the same thing, it's only week 5. It IS going to get better. Tennessee then a bye. I think we come back and kick major ass after the bye. STAY POSITIVE!

I think the main thing is that many people expected the Brady of old to be out there from the get go. I didn't expect it. I'm just glad he's back. He's a fighter and I fully believe that he will turn this around.

GO PATS!!!! :singing:

Step off the ledge, how about that? We have the most emo fanbase.

elmo.jpg
????

Oh! You said EMO, not ELMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back