Welcome to PatsFans.com

More weird stuff on Cheney's shooting

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Feb 15, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/15/p...&en=df472519c7fb7e1f&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Dr. Peter Banko, administrator for Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial, told reporters at a news briefing that Mr. Whittington, who is 78, was sitting up and eating regular food.

"He's doing extremely well and we'll continue monitoring the situation," Dr. Banko said.

He also said that Mr. Whittington, who does not have a television in his private hospital room, probably will not watch the interview with Mr. Cheney, which is being shown on Fox News this evening.

Dr. Banko also said Mr. Whittington, who also has not spoken publicly about the shooting, "still kind of wonders what all the hoopla's about."

2. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The doctors seem to be in cahoot with the Cheney crowd by minimizing the impact of the shooting.

A private hospital room for a millionaire without a television??

200 pellets entered in his face, neck and chest, with one or more pellets lodged in his heart, with blood flowing as he lay on the ground ..... and he wonders what the hoopla is all about??

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

HUNTERS ALL ACROSS AMERICA ARE ASKING THE SAME THING, THE GUY IS LUCKY HE'S ALIVE, THE POSSIBILITY OF GETTING SHOT IS ALWAYS IN THE BACK OF A HUNTERS MIND.

GET BUSH-GET CHENEY-GET BUSH-GET CHENEY-GET BUSH -GET CHENEY.

AL "BOOB" GORE IS OVER SEAS TRASHING AMERICA AND MAKING LOVE TO THE MUSLIMS, HAS ANYBODY HEARD ABOUT IT, DOES THE NY TIMES KNOW WHAT GORE IS DOING?
  4. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now Mikey knows more than the man's doctors?

Die Whittington Die!!! -Mikey
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

This is an administration that has created a culture of coverups. Why Cheney tried to cover up this accident is beyond me, and apparently even beyond Karl Rove and Marlin Fitzwater, who worked for Reagan and Bush. My own suspicion is that these people are so used to covering things up that they do it even when it's unnecessary.
  6. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I am not trying to play doctor.

I am just stating the ridiculousness of what the doctor said.

He said:

(1) There is no television in Whittington room.

(2) Whittington does not know what is happening since he has no TV.

(3) Whittington is wondering what is all the hoopla about Cheny shooting him in the face.

What I find insulting is the doctor taking us for fools.

What I find troubling is the doctor being part of the coverup to minimize the severity of Whittington's wound and to protect Dick Cheney.

7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

I'm warning you guys for your own good.
    It's not wise to piss off Cheney...
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

This whole Cheney thing has gotten bigger than it has to be, and Karl Rove could not be happier. As other things, more important I might add, are happening the media is stuck on stupid with these developments. Who gives a rats ass about this whole matter, it was a hunting accident, something that happens all the time in the woods. All it is doing is adding fuel to stupid arguments by both sides, all it shows to me how truly polarized this country really is.
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I totally agree with you. When's the last time the Abramoff scandal was mentioned on TV or the radio. Iraq is completely off the charts, now, and my fear is that the occupation of the middle east is going to become a part of normalcy in the American psyche-maybe permantly. Entwhistle and the hunting accident are to the American public what a sparkly twirling ball is to an infant. This country has the attention span of a flea larvae and Rove seems to have calculated what it is to a tee.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Abramoff is off the charts because the more they dig the more they find what they don't want to find (democrats) NYTimes & CNN want nothing to do with linking Abramoff/Democrats.

Iraq is off the charts because we are winning but to find that out you have to speak to the Troops, when is the last time you have seen CNN interview a soldier?
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Actually, Harry, I think between wiretapping, attempted murder by Cheney, Iraq, Abramoff, and Plame, the media simply rotating the stories. These are bad times for America, but good times for liberal pundits and media. Lots to report.
  12. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Apparently; the rabid conspiracy theories start to eat into your brain after a while.

1. The guy is not in just some private room; he was in a private room in the ICU wing due to the heart issue & being a 78 year old guy.

Not too unreasonable to believe there is no tV in there. I have never seen a TV in an ICU. They usually dont want any electronic interference in there and that aint the point why there are there.

2. Cover-up. Total BS. Go to Drudge and see the PDF of the Police report.

The hunt STARTED at 1730; at 1830 the deputy tasked with interviewing the folks got the call. Less than an hour between those 2 events. What transpired in between

1. The hunters started walking and flushed out 2 coveys
    2. Wittington was shot
    3. They gave him first aid
    4. A secret service agent called the sherrif.
    5. The sheriff called a retired deputy at the ranch and spoke with him.
    6. Sheriff decided 5 people were saying it was an accident and he would send his deputy in morning out for statements.

Exactly how does squeezing those 6 events into the space of 60 minutes constitute a coverup.

The Washington media is pissed off because they think the world revolves around them and you guys are apparently pissed off because you think you have found another reason to validate your preconceptions.

ps: multiple statements put the victims distance at 30 yards from Cheney. They were hunting with birdshot; not slugs or something. That is not normally shot that kills; even at short range, but certainly could take out an eye or sensitive area. The doctors arent in some conspiracy to minimize the injury; it just IS A MINIMAL INJURY. The main reason it is serious is the guy's age.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Mary Jo Kopechne, I wonder if CNN/NYTimes would consider that a coverup?

Maybe Uncle Teddy was just scared and didn,'t know what to do so he swam back to his room and went to sleep.

Uncle Teddy hasn't had to much to say about Cheney's hunting trip, how come CNN doesn' request an interview with him to get his thoughts on this "Earth Shattering" event.

Uncle Teddy is still licking his wounds after tangling with Judge Alito.

Alito covered Teddy with bricks :bricks: :rocker:
  14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There ya go...pull out the threatdown. In addition to bears, America's number one threat is Dick "The Prick" Cheney.
  15. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In a related story, David Gregory has tripled in size and his skin has turned green. He was last heard shouting "GREGORY....SMASH!!!" before storming off. Witnesses say his pants somehow remained intact and that Scott McClellan looked flummoxed by the whole thing.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Bad news for the Bush Haters, that guy will live.

Dick Gregory,
    He couldn't hold his hate in any longer, he lost it and made a fool out of himself. It will take him quite a while to live that one down (they claim they're not biased) :singing:

The little dummy chimp just keeps bowling them over, no matter what smear they throw at him.

Why didn't Uncle Teddy throw a press conferance and start bellowing and spitting all over his shirt.

When Teddy killed Mary Jo he would have rather swam to Europe than face the music, they covered that one up until the next day.

It all depends on whose Ox is being gored.
  17. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

BINGO...while these guys roil over the "hunting accident", other important news has been buried which shows 1) Cheney is an evil c0cksucker who outed Plame for political spite and 2) the DHS is another failed beurocracy, a GOP failure of the greatest magnitude.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Your not hearing about Abramoff because they are too busy checking to see how many Democrats are mixed up in it.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I can't wait to see THAT list. I bet the number of repubs is about the same as Dems. They're both the party of whores.
  20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I know this is small potatoes...but...did he even get a ticket for having no license? If not...we all should go hunting the same way. Corrupt phuqers.