Welcome to PatsFans.com

More wacko evangelical agenda

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Dec 29, 2006.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this is why seperation of church and state was the foundation of our Republic... unfortunately, a frightening amount of people in this country feel otherwise, and have forgotten our Constitution... including our "Born Again" "ruler"...
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

“In order to avoid offending religious fundamentalists, our National Park Service is under orders to suspend its belief in geology,” stated PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch. “It is disconcerting that the official position of a national park as to the geologic age of the Grand Canyon is ‘no comment.’”

and

“As one park geologist said, this is equivalent of Yellowstone National Park selling a book entitled Geysers of Old Faithful: Nostrils of Satan,”
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

In August 2003, Park Superintendent Joe Alston attempted to block the sale at park bookstores of Grand Canyon: A Different View by Tom Vail, a book claiming the Canyon developed on a biblical rather than an evolutionary time scale. NPS Headquarters, however, intervened and overruled Alston. To quiet the resulting furor, NPS Chief of Communications David Barna told reporters and members of Congress that there would be a high-level policy review of the issue.

Too funny. You loons are so quick to demand "under god" be stricken from the pledge of allegence, to have CHRISTmas stricken from, well, CHRISTmas, to have Halloween banned, and to ensure that the bible is not sworn on, yet, when someone of a different faith sites the same lunacy you do in order to achieve stupidity, you guys start *****ing. Too funny. The guy with the book is an idiot, but you know what, when you start giving idiots the stage, this is what ends up happening.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

just who are you referring to when you throw out the rather ignorant "you loons?"... because i never demanded "under god" be stricken from the pledge of allegiance, i never demanded CHRISTmas stricken from anything, i never suggested Halloween be banned, and i never advocated the Bible never be sworn on..... i mean, when you routinely create a strawman argument for your opponent, do you honestly believe you're being accurate?
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Considering that you've sworn your allegence to the Leftist Party, I'd put you in the loon department. See, you clearly have an agenda, and it's not the truth, objectivity, debate, or discussion. All you care about is Bush hate, leftist drivel, and complete criticism of whatever it is your party tells you to criticize.

Please drive thru. :D
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's not the truth? .... what i provide is facts that you nor any of your righty allies even attempt to debate, because you know you have nothing to say with any weight... (well, you know, besides the usual "kill em all, seig heil Bush" wacko retort)

i don't care what party perpetrated this atrocity on the American public... right, left, center or otherwise... they would receive the same outrage from me, so don't assume you know where i stand, politically... i care about a lot more than Bush disappointment, so please don't speak for me or what i believe... it just makes you appear less competent... and thus far, you're about the best of a sorry Con man lot on this forum...
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Why are posters in here con men? I try to explain my positions as best as possible. When you label people con men, you are expressing skepticism before they've even represented their position. I'm sure you wouldn't like someone to call you a con man. Afterall, it shouldn't be about criticizing others, it should be about trying to enlighten. Explaining, as opposed to criticizing, is a much more efficient way of expressing ones position.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you know something... i agree with you.... however, when i'm greeted in this forum by being called a commie, a pinko, a Bush-hating bastard, a Chavez supporter and other ridiculous assertions, like "retard"... it's time the gloves come off... i didn't start this fire...
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

The Chavez supporter is Seymour. The problem is, you've called everyone right of center the same which you despise. See, you need to understand that there are intelligent posters, party posters, & those others who merely have drivel and a shtick. I try to treat them all accordingly.