Welcome to PatsFans.com

More torture revelations...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Aug 25, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you've gotta love Big Dick's default response... i bet he was squawking it before he even heard the particulars of what was released....

"don't talk about it! secrets keep us safe!"

<various mutterings and penguins sounds>

"meh"

CIA terror tactics spur changes, new probe - Yahoo! News

A newly declassified version of a CIA report revealed Monday that CIA interrogators once threatened to kill a Sept. 11 suspect's children and suggested another would be forced to watch his mother sexually assaulted.​

The fresh crop of damaging revelations only intensified the long-running political fight about the secret interrogation program — whether it protected the United States then, and whether spilling its secrets now will weaken the nation's future security.

Top Republican senators said they were troubled by Attorney General Eric Holder's decision to begin a new criminal probe, which they said could hamper U.S. intelligence efforts.

And former Vice President Dick Cheney told The Weekly Standard, a conservative journal, that the decision "serves as a reminder, if any were needed, of why so many Americans have doubts about this administration's ability to be responsible for our nation's security."

On the other side, Sen. Patrick Leahy, the Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said the revelations showed the Bush administration went down a "dark road of excusing torture."​
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

..... oh, sorry, I thought this thread was going to be about China, Russian, Cuba, Venezuela, Iran, Burma, or North Korea.

Carry on.

//
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

why isn't Chile included in that list?
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Because the "Pinochet Internationale" didn't make the top 1000 of human slaughter machines of the 20th century. Nice try, .... sort of ... but yet another big FAIL for you.

As you were.

//
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Looks like the administration wants to change the subject from Health care and throw a bone to the left wing nuts in the party.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

They are in such disarray they cannot get health care socialized, they are arguing amongst themselves, back-biting everywhere; Pelosi is getting even more shrill, Reid looks even more like death warmed over, and Obama has punted to Kerry-Kennedy land in full retreat.

Which brings up the question: what would Teddy be doing right now if his old man had not made mega-millions from boot-legging illegal liquor (and supporting Hitler in the 1930s as US Ambassador to the UK)??? And where would Heinz-Kerry be without his wife's mega-millions which SHE inherited from her dead Republican husband and heir to the H.G. Heinz fortune???

The world is upside down, but that's going to change.

Stay tuned.....

//
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

Was not aware that Chile, China, Cuba and the rest of the bad guys were governed by the United States Constitution, or maybe I missed something.. but the tendency to confuse the issues or resort to hysteria is interesting.. someday there maybe an intelligent discussion about this, but right now the rigthies want to lump everything into one thread.. talk about thread hijack.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Dude, if you or anyone else wants to ride your hate America train, go do it from Cuba, Venezuela, or North Korea. You'll find plenty of fellow travelers in those places to keep you occupied for the next ten years. In fact, I will publicly state right here right now that I will personally pay for your one-way ticket to any of those three nations IF you go and not return to the United States for the next ten years.

Go learn what real torture is all about. Idiot Left-wing America-hating drone.

//
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

Before you start throwing around the Rev's cash, why don't you become a VIP member.. and support Ian..

Without regard for your idle and tired discourse, we have a Constitution and it is expected to be followed.. the previous fascist regime did not believe in it all that much.
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy movie with Nick Nolte (48 hours), When Reggie Hammoned goes in the the C&W bar and trashes the place then sits down tosses an glass on the floor while exclaiming

"Let see what we can fukc with next".

Apparently that's what Obama is doing. Not context with just fukcing up the free market system that has existed for years, socializing health care (at least attempting too), and bankrupting this country for years to come......... he now wants to screw over the morale at the one institution that (for better or worse), that we need to help keep us safe during very dangorous times.

Well done Obama. :rolleyes:
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You need a taste of what real "fascism" is. Go to Cuba. Go to China. Go to Venezuela. You want to make America like those places so why don't you man-up and at least go for a visit ??? No balls, that's why. The typical and ultimate coward. You vomit your bilge onto this list daily, and have not got clue one about anything. Go to Russia, go to China, go to Cuba, go to North Korea. See what great "workers' paradises" they have there. No more "evil Republicans" in those places; they've already killed them all. So you'll be happy as a clam.

My offer stands: you go and don't return to the U.S. for ten years and I pay your ticket. I'll even make it First Class, to sweeten the deal. It would be worth it in spades. Go ahead. What do you have to lose except all the evil nasty "right-wingers" filling your head 24/7?? You need the "liberation", you deserve it. And I'm willing to pay for it.

What are you waiting for????

//
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Really? A list exists? I'll bet he's in the top 50. Show a list, pretentious one.

You grow more and more hysterical and partisan with each passing day.

Do you have anything to offer regarding the CIA's latest torture allegations under your C-student, born again hero? Or is your playbook only designed for thread deflection?

You're a reactionary, predictable drone, and I think you know it.

Face it: Your ideological allies were OK'ing torture methods that included suspects' mothers. But then, considering your behavior lately, that kinda fits, doesn't it?
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

If you have to ask, will never understand.. will choose to walk away from this descent into utter lunacy... I choose the US, its constitution and way of life.. you choose something else.

Fini....
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OOooo, cut me to the quick!!! I'll double-down on my offer: you join "Darryl"-boy on a ten-year visit to Cuba, China, Venezuela, N. Korea, and Burma, and I'll pay your First Class air fare -- one-way. Only condition is: you don't set foot on American territory for those ten years.

Do that, and I will begin to take your ignorant, hate-filled rants about America more seriously. Until then, you are pisssing upwind and it's all over your pants. Nasty. It's starting to smell, too.

Oh, and while you're at it: tell the families of those who were blown up on 9/11 and those who were be-headed on film about U.S. "torture", o partisan hack that you show yourself to be time after time after time.

//
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Once again, when cornered with the truth, you choose to cut and run. Proving to be your well-established m.o., Darryl-boy. You come in, start with your shiit about what's wrong with America, then when someone asks how it compares with REAL murderers and REAL torturers, you suddenly have to leave the room. ....... Why is that????

Seems like whenever somebody starts getting too close to your home, you suddenly have to be elsewhere. Curious. Not very dependable. Would never want to have to trust you with any important matters. You're the kind who will cut, run, and hide when the fan starts getting the least bit dirty. Gutless?? Cowardly??? Unreliable?? Hit-and-run expert??? ..... Sounds like YOU, to a "t".

//
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

The democrats will grab at anything now, They're Sinking Like A Rock, I never thought I'd say this but I think Hillary would have been a better choice for the Dingobats she would at least had Billy to talk to at night if she got in a jam as a human being he's a piece of sh!t but he is one of the Best Politicians in this country today, what you have in the White House now is a Kid who really beleives what his a$s hole groupies tell him, he's in way over his head and it's more obvious as each day passes.
    AMERICA YOU HAVE YOUR POSTER BOY NOW YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH HIM.

Is this Attorney Gen pulling all this CIA Torture Sh!t on his own didn't Prince Barack say he wanted it dropped, can an American Attorney General defy and overule the President Of The USA, for God Sake get these f-cking democrats out of power, the bastards will get us all killed.

GOD DAMN AMERICA
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

So KSM cut off peoples heads and orders planes to fly into buldings killing thousands and these aholes want to prosecute someone for scaring the poor by by firing a gun in the next room and starting a drill, not using it mind you starting it up. KSM is the guy who bragged about cutting off D Pearl's head.

If that is torture how bout investigating E Holder for terrorizing E Gonzzalves by having armed men kidnap him and point assult weapons at him! Far worse for an innocent boy than what the CIA did to mass murderers.

I laugh at the idiot lefties with no brains
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

The Loons beleive it's Racist to mention "beheading's or amputations" to do so would be to Stereotype (blubber slobber whine weep slop)

You Know Who Cut Off Head-------"shhhh don't offend"
    American Start Up Drill------------"oh jesus dirty american bastards"
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Wonder what the spouses of the people who jumped out of the WTC think of this definition of 'torture'.....
  20. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not good stuff, not good stuff at all, though if we're being honest what I've seen of this report bears out Cheney's claims. There is example after example of enhanced interrogation techniques leading to valuable intelligence information. Now that is not to say that standard techniques wouldn't have worked given time, but it does show that the methods were effective, which was Cheney's argument. He released a statement about the report:

"The documents released Monday clearly demonstrate that the individuals subjected to Enhanced Interrogation Techniques provided the bulk of intelligence we gained about al Qaeda. This intelligence saved lives and prevented terrorist attacks. These detainees also, according to the documents, played a role in nearly every capture of al Qaeda members and associates since 2002. The activities of the CIA in carrying out the policies of the Bush Administration were directly responsible for defeating all efforts by al Qaeda to launch further mass casualty attacks against the United States. The people involved deserve our gratitude. They do not deserve to be the targets of political investigations or prosecutions. President Obama’s decision to allow the Justice Department to investigate and possibly prosecute CIA personnel, and his decision to remove authority for interrogation from the CIA to the White House, serves as a reminder, if any were needed, of why so many Americans have doubts about this Administration’s ability to be responsible for our nation’s security."