PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Supp Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
320-pound Morgan State DT Robert Armstrong and Texas State LB Mark Washington.

I know nothing about either of them.

Both kids have the size the Pats like for their positions, I just wonder what issues have them in the supplemental draft.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/06/19/huskerextra/doc46773444c80f3916831689.txt
Why did Patrick choose this unusual path?

“There were some things going on with my family, and with the way things ended up, I think it was the best route for me,” said Patrick, who started 14 of 16 games at left tackle last season for the Huskers.

Many players who opt for the NFL Supplemental Draft have encountered academic or off-the-field problems. Oliver, for instance, was declared academically ineligible for next season. Patrick, though, has said he was in good standing at Nebraska, and that his decision was for personal reasons.
-----
Patrick has been training with TEST Sports Clubs in New Jersey — the same place former Husker Daniel Bullocks trained. Patrick has been working individually with Billy Ard, the former New York Giants offensive lineman, according to Brian Martin, owner of TEST Sports Clubs.

“He’s a great fit for any team,” Martin said of Patrick. “With the supplemental draft, it depends on the teams’ needs at this point.”

Martin said he’s never worked with a player training for the supplemental draft. He acknowledged the risk involved for NFL teams; those that choose a player in this draft forfeit a pick in next April’s NFL Draft.
-----
Patrick, listed at 6-foot-4½ and 305 pounds, said he wasn’t allowed to share results of Monday’s testing, per an agreement with his agent, Joel Linta. Among Patrick’s activities were offensive line drills and a written personality test. (Patrick, by the way, prefers dogs over cats).

“Hopefully, I impressed some people today,” Patrick said. “I’m not going to be big on numbers, but I think when people watch film, they’ll be impressed. I just want to get a good opportunity. I just hope for the best and pray.

“Everybody always thinks it’s about measurables, but it’s not. A lot of it is hard work and technique.”

Patrick said he’s been talking with New England, Atlanta and Kansas City. He’d prefer the Patriots.

“I’m kind of a sleeper guy, and New England’s kind of known for getting sleepers and late-round draft picks and having them do well and getting some success,” Patrick said. “Maybe they see something in me they like. I’d love to go there.”

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know when the supplemental draft is (I assume it is in July).

I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone know when the supplemental draft is (I assume it is in July).

July 13th.
Pats training camp starts about 2 weeks afterwards.

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm
(12:01 AM): Times vary for Husker OL… No official results were announced from the on-campus workout earlier this of Nebraska OT Chris Patrick, who is one of several players who have applied for admission to next month’s NFL’s supplemental draft. As a result, there have been some divergent numbers reported from the workout. Patrick’s 40-time for example, has been reported as being anywhere from 5.1 to 5.3 which is a pretty significant difference. The overall consensus of Patrick’s workout, though, appears to have been reasonably positive. Patrick, who was the Huskers starting LT last fall measured in at 6-4, 296; he did 31 reps bench-pressing 225 pounds, and turned in a 27-inch vertical leap. While Patrick played OT at Nebraska, he likely projects to OG in the NFL because of his size. And those numbers would have put in the top half of the OGs at this year’s combine. For example, even if Patrick’s 40 time was in the low 5.3 range, that still would have been 6th out of 13 OGs who ran in Indianapolis. At least 11 teams reportedly attended Patrick’s workout including Baltimore, Kansas City, Atlanta Philadelphia, the Giants, New England, Minnesota, Oakland, Green Bay, Tampa Bay and New Orleans. The supplemental draft is tentatively scheduled for July 13th.
(6:00 PM): Big OT makes supp draft interesting... Maryland junior OT Jared Gaither has decided to leave school early and will enter next month's NFL supplemental draft. The 6-foot-9, 350-pound Gaither was recently declared academically ineligible for the upcoming college football season; he reportedly considered returning to school and trying to regain his eligiblity for the 2007 season.

Last edited:
The overall consensus of Patrick’s workout, though, appears to have been reasonably positive. Patrick, who was the Huskers starting LT last fall measured in at 6-4, 296; he did 31 reps bench-pressing 225 pounds, and turned in a 27-inch vertical leap. While Patrick played OT at Nebraska, he likely projects to OG in the NFL because of his size.

Patrick is about the same size as Matt Light. If he has Light's athleticism, he'd be worth a 3rd rounder. (unless he has the dreaded "Short Arms" Syndrome).

Last edited:
GBN has some useful stuff up today. First the latest writeups of the one's we've been talking about: http://www.gbnreport.com/suppdraft.html

And some late declarations. There will be 10 players in all:

Florida State DT Clifton ****son, Central Missouri DB RoShawn Marshall, UConn DB Donta' Moore, Utah State DT Brian Soi and East Central Oklahoma OT Aaron Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back