PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More Seattle fans..or Pats fans at game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing then fans don't play. We would get blown out.

Kind of scary how much it seems like we'll be outnumbered but there should be enough Patriots fans and ambivalent fans combined to take the edge off the noise. We know there'll be a lot more opposing fans but it should be manageable.

Home games in SEA are probably at least 90% home fans = at least 60k SEA fans

Super bowl, you've got at least 20,000 fans who are neutral. Let's say 10k pats fans. That leaves you with 40k SEA fans in Arizona's 70k seat facility. It will be loud, but not a game-changing madhouse like CenturyLink

I heard Pats fans started to roll in around Friday night/all day Saturday. Still think there will be much more Seahawks fans than us, but it won't be a gigantic difference.

Everyone seems to forget that the Seahawks clinched their spot in the big game first, so their fans got first crack at the secondary market. They basically got a 6 hour jump on NE fans.

You have to wonder if the league didn't do that on purpose.

Tom will have to keep them quiet....simple as that !!!

Lynch said it was 5-1, 6-1 Seattle fans.

When I was in Jacksonville, Eagles' fans outnumbered Pats fans 3-1, at least. Inside the stadium, that gets mitigated, though, because half the people there are just there to be at a Superbowl.

Seattle is a wealthy city, the people are insane for the Hawks, and this is all fresh for them. I know bunches who went down there without tickets just to party.

i was thinking :
65 SEA
35 NE

It's frustrating how badly we get out numbered in the superbowl, its been happening that way for the previous 3 superbowls as well. Can't really look at anyone but ourselves. I had an intention of going but could not afford $8,000 for a ticket, I was in the range for $3,500 but never really had a chance after the quick price increase.

I heard Pats fans started to roll in around Friday night/all day Saturday. Still think there will be much more Seahawks fans than us, but it won't be a gigantic difference.
I saw a video on Boston.com with tons of enthusiastic Pats fans yesterday! I don't think it will have any bearing on the game either way!

It's frustrating how badly we get out numbered in the superbowl, its been happening that way for the previous 3 superbowls as well. Can't really look at anyone but ourselves. I had an intention of going but could not afford $8,000 for a ticket, I was in the range for $3,500 but never really had a chance after the quick price increase.

Again, the Patriots could do something about this if they really cared. They could give their regular season ticket holders a legitimate chance at buying these tickets for face value. I'd be there now if I had face value tickets. I bet there would be a significant number of regular season ticket holders right there with me if they had tickets too.

BTW, does Seattle have a premium seating that gets preferential treatment for Super Bowl tickets like the Patriots have in Foxboro? If they don't, there's your confirmation.

I am really unsure how the Superbowl Tickets are distributed. If Seattle fans get them at face value as season ticket holders, obviously that is a huge advantage. I think another thing that needs to be noted is how large of an area Seattle is, and they really only have 1 team to worry about supporting, since they don't have basketball and hockey teams and the Mariners games aren't nearly the same as a Seahawks game. I don't just go to Patriots games, and maybe if I did I would be more desperate about going to the Superbowl.

I'd guess it is 8:1. I arrived while their rally was getting out of the Diamondbacks stadium. It was like 30:1. Meanwhile our rally for 98.5 was at a bar 30 min outside the city. Once I got to the beirgartens a lot of non-pats/Hawks fans jerseys. Unfortunately we didn't get tickets but we'll be at the pats side of McFadden bar next to stadium.

Picture being a Yankee fan on the street after going to a sox/ny game. That's what it feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back